Hacking Configurable USB Loader

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
can u try on another usb stick maybe that 1 is faulty
i just use a usb drive with a fat partition and wbfs partition so i havent experienced this problem

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Wizard1 said:
Loader: 50c-Fat
IOS222 (Rev 4) [FAT]
Mounting drive........ TIME OUT
Seems ios222 does not support your usb (thumb) drive.
You can try removing it and inserting it back while the timeout is counting, sometimes that helps.
(not a good permanent solution i know, but it's worth a try)

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
kid sampson said:
Can anyone confirm that SDHC support works within games when using this loader? Trying to do a bit of troubleshooting here. Also, should I be able to choose to load a game from more than just ios 222 or 223?
SDHC support is broken IME - at least none of the SDHC cards I tried work. 2gb and under SD cards work fine though.

QUOTE(oggzee @ Dec 28 2009, 10:24 AM) Jesus people, can you stop quoting entire posts when they are so large?
Seconded - it takes a few seconds to snip away anything not strictly necessary, it's bad manners not to. GBAtemp is full of "people" who completely ignore this though.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, George. And since I haven't done so already, thanks to the creator of this tool. It's the first and only loader I've needed to use. Excellent work and support.

Eskeletor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Q: Is it possible to install a game from a dvd disc to a FAT partition in .wbfs format?
A: Yes. Just press button + to install the game as usual.

Hi, I used to have my hard drive in wbsf but format changed to FAT32, previously installed the games from the dvd without problems but no now, I am using revision 875, if this is a known problem with fat32, thank you very much and excuse my English.

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eskeletor said:
Hi, I used to have my hard drive in wbsf but format changed to FAT32, previously installed the games from the dvd without problems but no now, I am using revision 875, if this is a known problem with fat32, thank you very much and excuse my English.

If you're managing to use rev 875 of a loader that's on version 50, you are correct in that you might have a problem.
rolleyes.gif

You might want to check again to be use you're not using usb loader gx or something.

dpanter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just me...? Seems like 99% of all the USB drive problems have one thing in common. Kingston.

Note: I'm NOT interested in bashing Kingston but internet forums aside, I've personally seen 2 Kingston SD cards that simply refused to work at all in any Wii, whilst working flawlessly in any other computer/peripheral we could test.

Just saying...
wink.gif

mruno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my kingston 2gb micro works flawlessly.

anyone else having a problem with 50c not scrolling through the games when you are using the 2nd controller's directional pad?

zx3junglist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to throw in my 2cents. I set up my USB drive as NTFS which only has a single, whole-disk partition. Every time I start configurable usb loader, it prompts me to go through all the motions to find my partition. It first asks me which device to use [usb/sd] then complains that it can't find WBFS. Then, I get a menu which shows my NTFS partition, from which I can select my drive. Then, it mounts and it's smooth sailing. I want this to happen automatically, so I set sd:/usb-loader/config.txt to include the following:

Code:
device = usb
partition = ntfs1
ios = 222-mload

which should do exactly what I want, but still no joy. I've tried both v50c and v50c-fat with no difference. I know that CUL is loading my config.txt, since I've changed other flags such as theme and it works fine. Any thoughts are welcome. I'm about ready to format and jump to wbfs if I can't get this working. For the record, usb loader gx just loads up straight away, but I prefer CUL once everything's loaded up.

Thanks
-ZX

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
downloading covers... is there a way to change the links to get the covers...? link 1 seems to get errors and hangs all the time but as soon as it lets link 2 get it there done just takes ages and freezes on link 1

@zx3junglist
press 1 then 1 to go to global settings then set to ntfs and press 2 to save

@George Dawes
QUOTE said:
SDHC support is broken IME - at least none of the SDHC cards I tried work. 2gb and under SD cards work fine though.
what firmware are you running i think u need firmware 4.1 (dont quote me on that tho) that has sdhc support

Deviling Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really like this loader, i have 2 questions

I want to crete a "stand-alone" system, all items in ntfs partition

1) The loader can read the covers from ntfs partition?
2) The forwarder can load the homebrew from ntfs partition?

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
1) unsure but probably
2) homebrew doesnt support ntfs so u cant load the apps from ntfs

just create a small primary fat32 partition 2 or so gig and run homebrew apps from there theres no benefit running the apps from ntfs (that i know of) not that u can anyway

ghostaspire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok here is a question for all in the post....

I have done everything that it said to and I can get my games to load with no problem.... but one.... my games are in black and white and I can't figure out what is going on.... I have a 4.1u and no I'm not a noob at all... started with the tp hack on a 3.5u wii.... just got this one and can't get it to read disks, play DVDs with DVDx and the only way I can load games is with the USB loader which is really slick I might add.... and I really do like it but I would love it if I could play the games in colour....

any suggestions....

have loaded the wad so that I don't have to keep going into hbc....

and well everything else has been loaded correctly... wth is going on?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
rafb said:
9th_Sage said:
IAmTheRad said:
Hi, newbie question here. I just got USBLoader working today, and I'm wondering if I'd have any advantage switching my FAT32 partition over to WBFS.
I can't think of any. The speed (and compatibility) should be basically the same either way if that's what you're getting at.

are there any advantages going other way around form WBFS to FAT32?

I would say that the advantage there would be that it's using a filesystem than most computers don't need any special software to understand. That and it's easy enough to backup games from the drive simply by copying the game's folder (or WBFS files) rather than having to use said special software. That and you don't have to have a special partition just for Wii games. You can still use the rest of the free space on the drive rather than having it occupied by a half empty WBFS partition.

That's just my opinion though.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wbfs_file 2.6
wbfs_file_2.6_win32.zip
(included sources and windows binary)
Changes:

v2.6:

* Fixed add_wbfs command for copying .wbfs files to WBFS partitions.
(Problem was with WBFS partitions larger than 128GB,
because of the different wbfs block sizes)

* Command init now requires -f option to force formatting

* Don't print sparse errors when writing .iso to FAT

Deviling Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
wbfs_file 2.6
wbfs_file_2.6_win32.zip
(included sources and windows binary)
Changes:

v2.6:

* Fixed add_wbfs command for copying .wbfs files to WBFS partitions.
(Problem was with WBFS partitions larger than 128GB,
because of the different wbfs block sizes)

* Command init now requires -f option to force formatting

* Don't print sparse errors when writing .iso to FAT

Thanks for
Command init now requires -f option to force formatting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...