Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm surprised more people didn't notice this chain of posts...

WiiPower said:
Oh my f*cking god!

PS: Configurable USB Loader is the best usb loader now!
Yet very few people figured out why...

pepxl said:
im guessing its release number 50
Nope, it's much more than that

gannon said:
Found it, probably used the more odd method to find it though...woot! Not something I'll use though, but still, OMFG!
Sneaky method, but there's is now another huge clue somewhere that most people should be able to find if they look hard enough.

QUOTE(laurozza @ Dec 12 2009, 09:06 PM)
But what?
blink.gif
Seek and you shall find.

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Any details?
ios, filesystem, version, etc...
does it work with other loaders, hbc, ...

I'm on the same situation RE Zero freezes as I posted earlier on this same page.

I droppped Backup loaders waaay back when I've got my USB HDD, I've been using Config. USB Loader ever since.

My configs:

Softmodded Wii v3.3 (never upgraded to newer system menus), NTSC console & game is NTSC also.
Waninkoko's cIOS 249 rev14
Hermes cIOS 202, 222 and 223 v4
Configurable USB Loader v49 (never used any other USB loaders)
Tried Wiiflow 1.1 for the sake of this game and it freezes at same spot (Mansion background with the message about violence/gore, before game actually starts)
ISO games are on a WBFS partition

Also tried Neogamma R8 v15 beta because on another forum someone said it worked for him, but same freeze spot for me

I tried options fix 002 (on and off), block IOS reload (using 222 mload), tried loading with IOS 249 and the combinations among these 3 main settings, all had same results @ freeze spot.

Maybe it is necessary an alternate dol thing or updating some old IOS? I've seen some ppl reporting problems with the Resident Evil Archives: RE (not Zero) and it seems it was something about IOS 33. I've never updated my IOS's, except for 53, 55, 56 and 60 (not sure about 60 though).

Think it is enough info to work with buddy ?

PS.: Downloaded & tried v50 but same problem, freezes at same spot.

revs30

Trophies
XP
Country
So i understand that people have managed to get Peppa Pig runninng through NeoGamma R8 B15 using USB HDD but mine just freezes? Any ideas please?????

Mike83

Trophies
Website
gardensoccer.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for this rather newbie question. Can this (or any) USB loader play games from other regions? For example, my Wii is PAL,could I play NTSC games)

Cheers. Just looked at what the Wii is doing for the first time in well over a year, and after a day of playing, I've got it all up to date and looking swish
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
revs30 said:
So i understand that people have managed to get Peppa Pig runninng through NeoGamma R8 B15 using USB HDD but mine just freezes? Any ideas please?????
cfg50a which will be released in a couple of hours will include the fix for this.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Ah, I see.

And with Metroid Prime Trilogy, if I unlock any extras, do I have to go to the menu.dol to view them all with all three games on seperate dols such as the Hypermode Difficulty, Art Gallery, and Fusion Suit?
To get to the extras, yes, you'd have to load the menu DOL. IIRC you can't get to them through the games.

Also, I saw the OMGWTFifty posts, but I couldn't figure out what the change was, so I didn't comment.
tongue.gif
It might help if I had access to the readmes and such (perhaps a new option is listed in the config readme somewhere? I don't know). Sadly my computer is MIA for probably another week or two.

*edit*
I was going to guess it had something to do with Peppa the Pig, but that's apparently not the case.
wink.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I saw these posts "OMG-Posts", and also wondered what it could be...so I played for around 10 Minutes with it, inserted Discs, tried IOSReloading games, etc...and still didn't found anything. .I even tried it with the Googlecode-Page, but yeah...they only show the changes they made in the Update-Info...nothing new...I could only figure out that it's again a big step in the history of USB-Loaders, or a big joke...

Gosh, I'm too stupid...guess I'll never discover this...
frown.gif

Btw: Realy nice Updates in the last times, still the most stable and usefull Loader. Still switchig between WiiFlow and that one...both have their Cons and Pros...

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The OMFG feature is brought to you by the letters (in alphabetical order) A, F, G, and S. To get this hint, you'll need the help of the most infamous cipher everyone loves.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Dialexio said:
The OMFG feature is brought to you by the letters (in alphabetical order) A, F, G, and S.
Fags? That's not a nice word...

Seriously, I'm still clueless..anyone can PM me the "solution"? I'll be quiet like a grave, I'll promise...
frown.gif

Jman69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Dialexio said:
The OMFG feature is brought to you by the letters (in alphabetical order) A, F, G, and S.
Fags? That's not a nice word...

Seriously, I'm still clueless..anyone can PM me the "solution"? I'll be quiet like a grave, I'll promise...
frown.gif
I agree. I'm totally clueless. I can't see anything new in the loader, and can't find the big clue people are talking about
frown.gif

Anyone want to PM the answer to me too? I'm not going to spoil it, and hopefully oggzee and co will reveal it to the world soon.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v50a (alpha)

cfg50a.dol
cfg50a-fat.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v50a (alpha)

* Fix for PeppaPig (from NeoGamma by WiiPower)

* Partial description of the TODO#50 aka OMFG#50 feature:
Rewritten FAT support in ehcmodule with a new better system
that has zero overhead among other capabilities.
It works by supplying the ehcmodule with a list of sector fragments
that specify the location of data using direct sector addressing.
To see the list of fragments one can use debug=1 and they will
be printed out before starting the game
(and this is not all of it)

cfg v50x (experimental)

* OMFG#50 / TODO#50
* Improved gui speed with large number of games
(most noticable in grid, flow and flow-z gui styles)
* Print on the intro screen if the ios is reloaded a second time
(in case the setting from config.txt is different from default)
* The -fat version 'simple' option does not change 'hide_hddinfo'
* Changed WBFS ERROR: read error while installing a game to a WARNING.
Note: the read error check has been introduced in v47, all previous
versions including the original loader 1.5 and all other loaders
silently ignore it.
* Changed default value of install_partition=only_game
To avoid errors caused by modchips when trying to copy the update partition.
* Minor cosmetic changes to cover download when trying different urls.

ps. due to FAT in ehcmodule being rewritten, let me know if any problems arise, but it seems no-one noticed any problem in 50x...

pps. yes the answer can be found in the latest configurator
wink.gif

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignore the A, F, G, S remark, it has nothing to do with the new feature. (edit: YES IT DOES, I FAIL AT CIPHERS)

When I figured it out, it took all I had not to freakin' scream!!! That's how excited I was.

edit: Will we be seeing a new version of wbfs_file soon, with more split options?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy