Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Jman69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Covarr said:
Ignore the A, F, G, S remark, it has nothing to do with the new feature.

When I figured it out, it took all I had not to freakin' scream!!! That's how excited I was.

edit: Will we be seeing a new version of wbfs_file soon?
AFGS is an acronym. Just not as straight forward as that
wink.gif

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jman69 said:
Covarr said:
Ignore the A, F, G, S remark, it has nothing to do with the new feature.

When I figured it out, it took all I had not to freakin' scream!!! That's how excited I was.

edit: Will we be seeing a new version of wbfs_file soon?
AFGS is an acronym. Just not as straight forward as that
wink.gif
Ah, figured it out. I fail at ciphers...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
What was the fix for peppa pig? If it's the Sam & Max fix without a title id switch, you killed cIOS rev15 compatiblity.
It's this:
CODEÂÂÂÂ/* Shutdown IOS */
ÂÂÂÂ//SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_SHUTDOWN, 0, 0);
ÂÂÂÂ// fix for PeppaPig (from NeoGamma)
ÂÂÂÂextern void __exception_closeall();
ÂÂÂÂIRQ_Disable();
ÂÂÂÂ__IOS_ShutdownSubsystems();
ÂÂÂÂ__exception_closeall();
goddamit i spent hours to find the right peace of neogamma that fixes it
smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
cambric said:
Dr. Clipper said:
You might need to download something to get the major clue...
I can hardly believe it...
ohmy.gif
Oggzee you have no limits...
bow.gif
What is it now? I had a look through the Images in the Configurator-Thread, and only recognized something...and I can't connect the Hints with that
tongue.gif
. Guess I'm too tired...

If it it what I'm thinking of...why would you do that? Isn't it too buggy, or to early? But seems like great work again...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Blue-K, about the buggyness, i think it is. But once the game is loaded it's not used anymore, see Oggzee's comment on how it works and will work with other .

oggzee said:
WiiPower said:
What was the fix for peppa pig? If it's the Sam & Max fix without a title id switch, you killed cIOS rev15 compatiblity.
It's this:
CODEÂÂÂÂ/* Shutdown IOS */
ÂÂÂÂ//SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_SHUTDOWN, 0, 0);
ÂÂÂÂ// fix for PeppaPig (from NeoGamma)
ÂÂÂÂextern void __exception_closeall();
ÂÂÂÂIRQ_Disable();
ÂÂÂÂ__IOS_ShutdownSubsystems();
ÂÂÂÂ__exception_closeall();
goddamit i spent hours to find the right peace of neogamma that fixes it
smile.gif

If that's really fixes it, you are really quick. I hope that code is good and doesn't produce any problems. Well it's used quite a long time already, so i guess it's safe, but i'm not sure as the other one looked safe until now.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Seeing as the cat is pretty much out of the bag, I thought I'd help those still in the dark. Here's the screen you could have seen by downloading the latest Configurator:
tab4.png

ZeroUnderOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobsaget said:
I'm having an issue where it hangs on the Conf USB Loader boot screen. I can hear the hard drive spool up then back down over and over and nothing else happens. Everything was working fine a few days ago.

Any ideas?

Mine is doing this as well. I think it has something to do with updating the wii. It works like normal again if I delete and reinstall the cIOSes 202, 222, 223, 249, 250. (But it probably only needed 249 reinstalled. Will have to test it out next time it happens)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ZeroUnderOne said:
bobsaget said:
I'm having an issue where it hangs on the Conf USB Loader boot screen. I can hear the hard drive spool up then back down over and over and nothing else happens. Everything was working fine a few days ago.

Any ideas?

Mine is doing this as well. I think it has something to do with updating the wii. It works like normal again if I delete and reinstall the cIOSes 202, 222, 223, 249, 250. (But it probably only needed 249 reinstalled. Will have to test it out next time it happens)
If you did an official 4.2 update, then 222, 223 and 249 were removed from your system. They all need to be restored.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
You might need to download something to get the major clue...
Ah, thought as much. No wonder I can't find it then, as I don't have a computer with which to download it (pretty sure I know the item you're talking about). Ah well, I'm sure it'll be revealed in due time.

*edit*
Thanks for the screen capture. That's a pretty nice feature (even if it is buggy right now as it seems to be in some other homebrew). I didn't think that would come so quick.
smile.gif
Once it improves and other homebrew starts supporting it, I'd think of switching...it's a better file system than FAT32 in my opinion.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I said it already, but: Yes it might be buggy. But that's not a big problem. If the loader manages to start the game, the possibly buggy code is not running anymore.

eastbayarb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get cheats to work on Animal Crossing. I choose Ocarnia cheats: On, download the cheats, select cheats, save to SD card, but cheats don't seem to work.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Skizzo said:
Yay! Kiddie games! Why am I not surprised...
rolleyes.gif
Yay, the troll is back!
wacko.gif
Yeah, trolling is really about one side of an argument, isn't it? Just because you or someone else doesn't like the facts being presented to you, that doesn't qualify it as trolling. FFS, you'll notice that the doc even said he was 'ending this argument'. Well, if that's the case, he was clearly involved in it, wasn't he? He was just getting his ass handed to him, so he rolled out the whining about being insulted and accused of dishing out idle threats. What exactly was this insult? Having it explained to him that from the point of view of those whose interests he would have us all believe he gives a shit about, that he is just as much of a pirate as those he looks down on? That's a fucking insult? Jesus christ. And this coming from the guy who has no problem accusing others of being a pirate without a shred of evidence (at least according to his own self-serving definition). That's quite fucking rich, don't you think? Oh and the idle threats? Isn't that exactly what they were? The guy didn't even manage to be able to stay gone for 24 hours. Anyone who really thought he would be gone for long is a very bad judge of character.

Funny that you bother to take the time to respond to the above post, but you ignore the constructive post I made about the FAQ. Perhaps it is you who is trolling now?

p.s. Can we get the source please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!