XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Can somebody please test something for me? What you need:

cIOS222 v3 installed
Guitar Hero Guitar
Rock Band 2 iso on your WBFS drive

I seem to be having an issue with this game that I just cannot track down. While playing the game in USBLoaderCFG (latest v40-222), I can play a few songs (two or so) just fine, but when I get to the third or fourth song, I get this nasty 3-second freeze/stutter right in the middle of playing.

I tested the game the other day in Uloader, and I did not experience this...but maybe I just didn't play it there enough. I can re-create it each and every time I play it with CFG and cIOS222 v3. I tried multiple ways of installing (default, 37 merge 36, 38 merge 36) to no avail. I can play it flawlessly with rev14, so it boils down to either an issue with the cios (more likely) or an issue with how CFG is using it.

Either way, can someone else with the resources (even if you do not have a guitar hero guitar) test it out and let me know if they experience something to this effect? Remember, you have to play through a few songs before it happens. Thanks for any help!

I have the GH3 wireless guitar and RB2 on my WBFS drive, I however do not have 222/223 installed at all. My guess is that it is either the 222/223 causing the problem or that you probably have a Western Digital HDD that is spinning down while you are playing. I rarely get the freezing problem on my Seagate 1.5 TB drive. Not sure how much this helps, but it's about all I can do for ya! Good luck!
biggrin.gif

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Strange one... Deer Drive is named Deep Drive no matter what in this loader, lol.

I've tried renaming the iso and renaming the file in the wbfs manager but no luck. All other renames work fine.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midnightzak said:
zektor said:
Can somebody please test something for me? What you need:

cIOS222 v3 installed
Guitar Hero Guitar
Rock Band 2 iso on your WBFS drive

I seem to be having an issue with this game that I just cannot track down. While playing the game in USBLoaderCFG (latest v40-222), I can play a few songs (two or so) just fine, but when I get to the third or fourth song, I get this nasty 3-second freeze/stutter right in the middle of playing.

I tested the game the other day in Uloader, and I did not experience this...but maybe I just didn't play it there enough. I can re-create it each and every time I play it with CFG and cIOS222 v3. I tried multiple ways of installing (default, 37 merge 36, 38 merge 36) to no avail. I can play it flawlessly with rev14, so it boils down to either an issue with the cios (more likely) or an issue with how CFG is using it.

Either way, can someone else with the resources (even if you do not have a guitar hero guitar) test it out and let me know if they experience something to this effect? Remember, you have to play through a few songs before it happens. Thanks for any help!

I have the GH3 wireless guitar and RB2 on my WBFS drive, I however do not have 222/223 installed at all. My guess is that it is either the 222/223 causing the problem or that you probably have a Western Digital HDD that is spinning down while you are playing. I rarely get the freezing problem on my Seagate 1.5 TB drive. Not sure how much this helps, but it's about all I can do for ya! Good luck!
biggrin.gif

Nah, I have a Verbatim 1TB, a Seagate 1TB, and a Samsung 500GB in an enclosure. The only drive that has sleep function is the Seagate, and I turned that off a long time ago. I performed even more tests today:

Tested Rock Band 2 in Uloader for an hour (cios222 v3, default install), no lockups or freezes at all

Tested Rock Band 2 once again in CFG (cios 222 v3, default install), same freeze for a few secs glitch after 4 or 5 songs

Tested Rock Band 2 in CFG (cios 222 v2, default install), NO freezing

Well, looks like v3 in CFG causes a problem here. I don't even want to get into GH: Metallica, which has completely different results...such as complete freeze in Uloader and skipping sound in CFG (using cios v2 & 3)

I just don't know what to think. cIOSrev14 does not exhibit issues on ANY of these games at all. I played them for hours each with this cIOS. So, something is up...somewhere...with Hermes cIOS and the guitar games. I just find it hard to swallow as these cIOS's are supposed to be tailored for these games with usb peripheral functions and so on.

Any other ideas? Surely I am not the only person that has experienced this with Hermes cIOS.

EDIT:

I tested cIOSrev10 tonight on the drive, and I experience the same types of issues. I am assuming that because Hermes cIOS's (v2 and v3) are both loosely based off of rev10, there is something to do with it that does not like my 1TB drives. I used to run rev10 with the 500GB without issues, but by the time I purchased the 1TB drives I was already on rev13a. In other words, I never saw how rev10 would function on these. Bottom line is that I can only use rev13+ on the 1TB drives without any issues. Oh well...as long as it works.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
KennyBania said:
Strange one... Deer Drive is named Deep Drive no matter what in this loader, lol.

I've tried renaming the iso and renaming the file in the wbfs manager but no luck. All other renames work fine.
Edit sd:/usb-loader/titles.txt

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A small request: can you please add a "show_game" setting just like the "hide_game" to add entries that don't have a corresponding WBFS ISO? I would like to put in entries for games that don't work with the loader, but maybe work with original disk. For example:

show_game = RCDE, R3XE
RCDE = Call of Duty 3 [Use Original Disk]
R3XE = Sam & Max: Season One [Use Original Disk]

This could also be useful for noting which games aren't currently installed, if all your games don't fit on your SD/USB drive.
Thanks.

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
charroux said:
A small request: can you please add a "show_game" setting just like the "hide_game" to add entries that don't have a corresponding WBFS ISO? I would like to put in entries for games that don't work with the loader, but maybe work with original disk. For example:

show_game = RCDE, R3XE
RCDE = Call of Duty 3 [Use Original Disk]
R3XE = Sam & Max: Season One [Use Original Disk]

This could also be useful for noting which games aren't currently installed, if all your games don't fit on your SD/USB drive.
Thanks.

for that i think that you can use custom cover , that will indicate you that you need the original or any disk insert to get it to work , BlindDude make one pack like that if i'm not wrong ,

i think it is an easier way to where you want to get beside what your asking

isoptera4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
milcoi said:

Download:
Theme Configurable USB Loader

PC Background with different switch:

Nice but I suggest you remove the text on the game select screens and have it just be the white and blue wave. Otherwise it clashes with the covers and game text and doesn't look so good. That kind of makes it more of a homebrew channel theme though. Good work!

DXFactor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but at 200 pages, I can't read this whole thread...

I just started using this loader last week. I have to admit...the video in the first post sold me on it. It's great! Thanks for the hard work.

I have an issue with most GUI styles tho. Flow and one or two others work fine. But if I flip through other GUI styles and use them, within seconds I get a freeze, sometimes with a horizontal green band across the screen for a second, then get booted out to the Homebrew Channel.

Brought my HDD and SD card to try on a buddy's Wii, same problem.

Using W.'s rev 10. Any suggestions?

Thanks

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
@oggzee,usptactical: Don't forget to change the default URL for cheats to geckocodes.org in the next version.

It already is since:

CODEcfg v39c (bugfix)

* Changed cheats url to: geckocodes.org
* Fixed SD card access in games
* GUI page number alignment

Or does it not work?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Dr. Clipper said:
@oggzee,usptactical: Don't forget to change the default URL for cheats to geckocodes.org in the next version.

It already is since:

CODEcfg v39c (bugfix)

* Changed cheats url to: geckocodes.org
* Fixed SD card access in games
* GUI page number alignment

Or does it not work?
Ah, I thought I remembered seeing that, but I missed it when checking the change logs again just now. A friend was complaining about it, I guess he hadn't updated yet.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
DXFactor said:
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but at 200 pages, I can't read this whole thread...
I just started using this loader last week. I have to admit...the video in the first post sold me on it. It's great! Thanks for the hard work.
I have an issue with most GUI styles tho. Flow and one or two others work fine. But if I flip through other GUI styles and use them, within seconds I get a freeze, sometimes with a horizontal green band across the screen for a second, then get booted out to the Homebrew Channel.
Brought my HDD and SD card to try on a buddy's Wii, same problem.
Using W.'s rev 10. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Please more details...
Which version do you use? The latest v40?
Can you try different versions and see if the problem is with a specific version or always?
How many games? Using mp3 background music?
Can you try with the latest cios rev14?

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me with covers?

I have downloaded the covers from inside the loader and they work fine but as soon as I turn my Wii off, they are all gone and won't load when I turn the Wii on next time.

My SD card is not locked either.

I think the directories go something like this...
root:/apps/usbloader
and
root:/usb-loader/covers etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @RedColoredStars, like a cat gta?