Hacking Configurable USB Loader

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr. Clipper said:
OK, I was a little bored this afternoon, so I started playing round with VB (which I haven't used in ages) and created this:

I only have those shown options so far, but now that I've worked out how to debug them, the rest should come out fairly easily. I think I might be able to finish it off over the weekend.

Am I doing good? The options will have tool tips taken from my configuration tutorial eventually.
Nice work, keep it up
cool.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
bryandir said:
does this loader support disc graphics?

like when i press the game to boot,a little pictur eof the game disc spinning comes up complete with graphics?
It can display disc art in the console and non-coverflow GUI modes. Just set "cover_style=disc" in theme.txt or config.txt. They don't spin.

I already have "cover_style=3d" for the covers, how do I get the discs as well? thanks

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
bryandir said:
does this loader support disc graphics?

like when i press the game to boot,a little pictur eof the game disc spinning comes up complete with graphics?
It can display disc art in the console and non-coverflow GUI modes. Just set "cover_style=disc" in theme.txt or config.txt. They don't spin.

I already have "cover_style=3d" for the covers, how do I get the discs as well? thanks

It's either/or not both.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couldn't the option to press down to change it while in the menu be added.

you can change 2d to 3d to flow with down, but no disc option.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thiagofera said:
Everytime i try to see my 3d covers (games on side) it loads some covers and gets automaticaly to wii menu what do i do?

More info please.
Fake 3d covers or in the coverflow gui?
Does it happen in all gui modes or specific ones?
Which CIOS?
Which loader version?
SD or USB?
Forwarder/Channel/HBC?
How many games?
Did you try deleting and re-downloading covers?
Are you playing mp3s?

feonando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posted this in the Loadstructor thread, but the more help..the better..

Anyway, when using Loadstructor to create forwarder channels of games in the Configurable USB, it only gives me an Error -1 message..

Any help? Settings? Thing I'm missing?

thiagofera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
usptactical said:
thiagofera said:
Everytime i try to see my 3d covers (games on side) it loads some covers and gets automaticaly to wii menu what do i do?

More info please.
Fake 3d covers or in the coverflow gui?
Does it happen in all gui modes or specific ones?
Which CIOS?
Which loader version?
SD or USB?
Forwarder/Channel/HBC?
How many games?
Did you try deleting and re-downloading covers?
Are you playing mp3s?
I did discover, when was downloading a cover my internet whent down and iit was corrupted, now it is fine
BTW how do i show the disk images?

nandu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
n00b alert
yay.gif

Sorry I didn't read the whole topic, but I was thinking of picking up Wii Sports Resort with WM+, I was wondering how it would work with this loader (I have the latest one)? My system menu is 3.3E with Waninkoko's cIOS 249 rev9. Would I need to update something?

Just wanting to be sure I don't screw anything up.
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I'm ready to release the first version of the Configurator. It only does the theme options for now. Please test it out and let me know what you think. I probably will add stuff like background picture clicking to get the coords later. It seems easy compared to the incredibly tricky gui_text* options
smile.gif

nandu said:
n00b alert
yay.gif

Sorry I didn't read the whole topic, but I was thinking of picking up Wii Sports Resort with WM+, I was wondering how it would work with this loader (I have the latest one)? My system menu is 3.3E with Waninkoko's cIOS 249 rev9. Would I need to update something?

Just wanting to be sure I don't screw anything up.
smile.gif

You should update to cIOS249 rev 14. And you should run the disk normally the first time (through Gecko OS to avoid the system update if you like, although it's safe) so that it records that you watched the WM+ video and doesn't try to show it when you use the loader (or you can use the alt .dol on disc option to do the same thing).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
OK, I'm ready to release the first version of the Configurator. It only does the theme options for now. Please test it out and let me know what you think. I probably will add stuff like background picture clicking to get the coords later. It seems easy compared to the incredibly tricky gui_text* options
smile.gif
Looking good
smile.gif

Maybe I would change the order of color component to Red Green Blue Alpha, so it is more close to the actual value in the cfg.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Looking good
smile.gif

Maybe I would change the order of color component to Red Green Blue Alpha, so it is more close to the actual value in the cfg.
I originally had that, then switched it because it looked a little weird having the alpha option all the way over on the right when I disable the other colours for the alpha only modes. It's a good suggestion, though. I'll mover them back.

Gavry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just started using this loader. was using GX before. I have to say it ROCKS. Plays everything perfectly and as the name suggests its highly configurable. Top job developers!

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Gavry said:
Just started using this loader. was using GX before. I have to say it ROCKS. Plays everything perfectly and as the name suggests its highly configurable. Top job developers!

GX is too unstable. This loader really ROCKS !

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
TeenTin said:
Gavry said:

GX is too unstable. This loader really ROCKS !
Exactly! GX became very unstable and overloaded with features with the time, this one here is simply awesome, stable, clean, not overloaded, Features that makes sense AND: Stable. Simply perfect
smile.gif
. Again: Thanks for this great Loader
grog.gif
!

Btw: I'm sorry, I searched the first post and also via Google but couldn't find any Link...can I get the Source of the Loader somewhere? I would like to play around with it a bit, and try to integrate a feature for my theme...(don't get your hopes up that this will realy work...I just want to play round, and see what happens
tongue.gif
). Would be nice if you could point me to it. Thanks in advance
smile.gif

ajd4096

Trophies
XP
Country
I just went sharebee -> zSHARE and got a bunch of bogus virus scan popups.
Vaguely amusing, as I was on non-x86, non-Windows and yet my machine is apparently riddled with windows viruses. :)

wallym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mate, can you be bored all the time?
tongue.gif

This will be cool!
yay.gif

Dr. Clipper said:
OK, I was a little bored this afternoon, so I started playing round with VB (which I haven't used in ages) and created this:

white wolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Hi im having a problem with the Configurable USB Loader. Ive loaded my first game on my usb(the dog island) and everything was going fine, found the cover and everything.. but when i started the game there is like about six of the same image going up the stv screen. I can hear the sound and all but i cant play the game. Do i have to change the settings so that i can have just one normal immage?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
white wolf said:
Hi im having a problem with the Configurable USB Loader. Ive loaded my first game on my usb(the dog island) and everything was going fine, found the cover and everything.. but when i started the game there is like about six of the same image going up the stv screen. I can hear the sound and all but i cant play the game. Do i have to change the settings so that i can have just one normal immage?
What region is the game and what region is your Wii? If they are different, try using different values for the force video option (system is a good first choice to try).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper