OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater does not, in contrast to the original update, update
the WiiSpeak Channel. That's why we need to do it manually. Here is a quick guide
on how to do this:[*]At first, you'll need NUSD by WB3000. Download and unpack it to a place you want.
_[*]Run NUSD and check "Pack -> WAD" in the lower portion of the app.
_[*]Regarding to the firmware you have, you need to insert following in the upper left input box:
PAL (4.0E): 0001000148434650
NTSC-U (4.0U): 0001000148434645
NTSC-J (4.0J): 000100014843464A
_[*]Press "Start NUS Download!" and wait until the program is finished. You can close it afterwards (The last line in the log window should be "WAD Created: 00010001484346**.wad").
_[*]Clear both input boxes and Start the NUS Download again with following TitleID: 0000000100000038. This is IOS56. Why do we need it? Simple: WiiSpeak Channel 1.0 uses IOS55 to run at, whilest it's said that it uses routines from IOS38. Anyway WiiSpeak 2.0 doesn't use IOS55 anymore, but uses IOS56.
_[*]After downloading and packing was done you have two new directories in the same directory, as you unpacked the NUSD.exe. Those have the TitleID's you inserted in the app. In both of them you will find a wad file also with the same name.
_[*]Navigate into the WiiSpeak-directory (it has the name of step 3) and rename the wad file to somewhat like WiiSpeak-64-v512.wad ...just for better overview. Rename the 0000000100000038.wad in the directory "0000000100000038" to IOS56-64-v4890.wad.
_[*]Following steps are not directly necessary for the channel to function. Anyway they reactivate the trucha signing bug in IOS56. For now up to my knwoledge (and regarding to WB3000) WiiSpeak is the only Application that runs on IOS56. For this reason it's not needed to patch it. What we don't know is, if Nintendo wants to use it for later stuff where we might need a bug-enabled IOS56... it's your choice. You can always fetch this later.
_
Update: Concerning to this thread and my own test on a 'clean' 3.2 Wii, you can install everything of this on a 3.2 Wii, but you will — for some reason — always have to leave out following steps (those, i grayed out). So you will install a clean IOS56. The patched won't boot WiiSpeak Channel 2.0 and will just display a black screen...
_[*]If yo don't already have it, download alpha0000's wwPacker Package and install it. You will also need a file named commonkey.bin in the wwPacker's directory. That's what I can't link you, because of the board rules. Google anyways will find it fast. The same with the file cert.sys — there are some complete Wii filesystems around the net... Put both of them in the directory mentioned above.
_[*]Now simply drag and drop the IOS56-64-v4890.wad (or whatever you named it) on the batch named task-wwpacker-freethebug.bat.
_[*]The app will create some output. Just go sure, that you find a line similiar to
Code:
"0000000e.app" : 1 fixes
_[*]It also generated a file IOS56-64-v4890 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad, which is what we want. Mine has Size: 1,84 MB (1.936.576 Bytes) and is therefore a bit bigger than the original one._[*]Now, copy both wad files on x:\wad\ whereas "x" is the drive letter for your SD card. Go sure, that if you patched IOS56 with FreeTheBug, you copy the right one
_[*]After copying is finished, you can move your SD card to your Wii hardware.
_[*]Open up the Homebrew Channel, start WAD Manager (if you don't have it, google finds it in less than a minute for you ;)) and follow the instructions on screen.
_[*]As usual install your newly copied wad files to your Wii — both the IOS56 and WiiSpeak Channel 2.0.
_[*]You should just be fine with your new updated WiiSpeak Channel 2.0...After all, I want to thank agentm, NakedFaerie and WB3000 (alphabetical order, duh) for helping with the whole WiiSpeak 2.0 problem.
I would like to say that this tutorial is a roundup of this thread.

If I missed something — just tell me. ;)

Updated 2009-13-04.

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything in the Wii Speak channel that can be changed or patched to make it work with a regular rock band USB microphone?

agentm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good tutorial Det1re. Glad I could help - we got there in the end! If it's any reassurance, my FreeTheBug patched IOS56 has exactly the same file size.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great tutorial! Kudos! Although i am stuck trying to find cert.sys because google is being an ass
sad.gif

No i don't want a link just your google search and maybe the page range =P

Thanks if you can help and thanks if you can't!

UPDATE: I finally got it! i had to use a wii file explorer homebrew it lets you dump stuff to your sd card! BOOYAH
hrth.gif

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
While originally suggesting to FreeTheBug IOS56, I've tried both the original IOS and the patched, and only the original seems to work. I've never encountered something that failed to work with that patch enabled.

Nonetheless, even with 3.2U, the Speak Channel can be run with it's required IOS.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Great Tuturial. After a few days of patches and all that we finally got it in the end.

The only thing is I used the NTSC-U version on my PAL Wii and it works fine. I dont think it matters?

This "0001000148434645" is the TitleID I used and it works so either its region free or the region free patch I have in Preloader is working... back to testing. I will turn off region free channels and see what happens... I think I will have to get a new version. The real PAL one.
smile.gif

I'll reply after I've tested this.

EDIT: Dont you hate that, you think its all good and you realise its the wrong region... No it didnt work so I will have to get the PAL version.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum