[CONCLUDED] Ocarina of Time Online PART 3 - Friday Game Night

oot online banner.jpg
It's back with a mild vengeance: Ocarina of Time Online! Yes, having started a group randomized seed one week ago, we're gathering back together in the moistest pit ever fathomed to finish what we started.

For those unaware, the Ocarina of Time ModLoader is a fantastic mod/program to Ocarina of Time which allows many players to gather concurrently in one game world and play alongside each other. One accomplishes this by downloading the modloader from here, extracting the files, and placing an OoT ROM in the directory labelled "rom".
oot online.PNG
The twist, of course, is that we'll be running a randomizer seed which we started last week. This means that, instead of using a vanilla OoT ROM, you'll need to follow this link, which will take you to the OoT Randomizer page loaded with the specific seed we'll be using, and patch your game with the web utility therein. All one needs to do is feed it a version 1.0 rom of Ocarina of Time, and hit the patch button. (The version number is important, as this modloader will not work with any other version of OoT than v1.0.)

Once you've patched the rom properly and put it in the "rom" folder included with the modloader, run the ModLoader executable. Make sure you set a username of your choice, and use the customization tab to set some custom colors for yourself. Also make sure that the modloader is pointing to the correct rom we'll be using, which in this case is "OoTR_260041_248440_XCSLC9V8H7.z64".
oot online2.PNG
Once that's finished, head to the "Lobby Browser" tab, look for the lobby named "Meteor's Moist Pit", and input the password "GBAtemp". This should connect you to our session so you can play along with us.

Is this your first time playing and feel like catching up would be a pain? DON'T YOU DARE WORRY! Anyone who joins the lobby will have their save and progress synced with our own, meaning you'll be automatically caught up in seconds. Anyone can drop in/out anytime, with no downsides.

As always, this event will be streamed on our Twitch channel, at 5pm Central, so you'll be able to watch the terror unfold live before your very eyes, ears, and other appendages. Again, anyone who participates, either in chat or through gameplay, will acquire a smooth +35xp on the site! (wow! neato! the bee's knees) All one has to do is input the command "!xp" followed by your GBAtemp username into the twitch chat to earn it. For example, if I am SpundlethatchTheCalzoneDistrobutionCenterAndBouncyCastleEmporium, I would type "!xp SpundlethatchTheCalzoneDistrobutionCenterAndBouncyCastleEmporium" into the twitch chat during the stream, and the bot will automatically add my very normal name to a list for xp distribution. It's that easy.

Edit: Any user who joins, either via chat or directly in game, should use this command to allow us to give you your xp.

So what are you waiting for, the event to start? Actually, yes, that would be reasonable. For those in that boat, we provide a little countdown clock to the time when the stream is set to begin, just to make things less confusing.

Extra links to the modloader, the countdown clock, and our twitch channel will be provided below. We hope to see you there.

:arrow:ModLoader
:arrow:GBAtempTV's Twitch
:arrow:Countdown Clock

Last edited by Meteor7,

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
OP
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why it has taken so long. Is this first time people played this game that it can't be done in several hours? :blink:
This is our second run of the game, a run which we started last week. Having finished our vanilla playthrough of the game early into last week's stream, we decided to generate a randomized rom and start playing that. This is the continuation of that run.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is our second run of the game, a run which we started last week. Having finished our vanilla playthrough of the game early into last week's stream, we decided to generate a randomized rom and start playing that. This is the continuation of that run.
Randomized co-op runs? Didn't know that was possible. Guess it makes sense why is so long. :ninja:

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
I never seemed to get my XP for joining the last session. Do I still have to log into the Twitch channel and do the "!xp" command?

Also, I'm looking forward to joining. I may bring along some of my family members this time...

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I never seemed to get my XP for joining the last session. Do I still have to log into the Twitch channel and do the "!xp" command?

Also, I'm looking forward to joining. I may bring along some of my family members this time...
Yeah. I don’t see your name listed in the log of people who I was told did the !xp command. Those users were:
1611CFED-A3EB-4D5B-8DE1-6C6F952E121C.jpeg

Let me know if that’s off though, or you did the command prior or after the stream kicked off.

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

AceX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still haven't had an alert about this. I got one the first time; could I have still received it without an alert?

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I don’t see your name listed in the log of people who I was told did the !xp command. Those users were:
View attachment 183164

Let me know if that’s off though, or you did the command prior or after the stream kicked off.
I never did the command or joined the Twitch channel; I played in the event! I was just wondering if I still had to join the Twitch stream and do the '!xp' command even if I'm playing in the stream.

Reactions: Meteor7

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
OP
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
I never did the command or joined the Twitch channel; I played in the event! I was just wondering if I still had to join the Twitch stream and do the '!xp' command even if I'm playing in the stream.
Yep. Nightbot can build a list of users via chat commands, but it can't scrape data from the modloader itself, so yes, it would be easiest if everyone used the '!xp' command to get their xp. That being said, I obviously remember you being there last time, so we can give you xp for that no problem.

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Nightbot can build a list of users via chat commands, but it can't scrape data from the modloader itself, so yes, it would be easiest if everyone used the '!xp' command to get their xp. That being said, I obviously remember you being there last time, so we can give you xp for that no problem.
I'll remember that for today, then. Thanks! See you later today.

EDIT: Also, your reactions are gold.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is normal ?, i try to use a patched Brazilian Portuguese ROM
RQeKRzS.png

[EDIT]
I got the same error with a clean rom, at last it's open, but i'cant started.
U5rfUcm.png

gANFAi8.png

UDUYVxc.png

Can you help me please ?, i can't play and I really want to do some dungeons with my friends.

Last edited by Moon164,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over