Professional Coke Fiend
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an old emachines eview 17f3(CRT) that has a yellow tinting problem(very annoying) since the monitor is very old it needs to be replaced,i'm on an older system thats basically just used for surfing and other daily things so I don't need or want an expensive monitor,are there any good cheap monitors to consider?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd recommend a cheap 17" - 20" generic brand LCD TV.
You can find some models under $150,- .
Most have VGA inputs and perform decently with your PC unless you are an enthusiastic gamer and need a higher quality display to play your games.
Otherwise, for internet surfing and common tasks, you can't go wrong, and you can also use it as a TV you know....

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the record on an old CRT (and so I guess VGA connectors) it is often just a dodgy pin that causes it to gain a tint. Fiddle with the pins and make sure it is screwed in at the back and you should be good.

Failing that for basic day to day use an old/cheap TV should do well as as Arm73 said and will probably spit out a high enough resolution (be careful as those old CRTs did go up to 1280x1024 and better where cheap LCD might still hover around 800 vertical res). For cheap ones I will tend to find one in a skip/rubbish room and fix it (more often than not it is £1 worth of capacitors to replace which takes all of ten minutes) so I have no suggestions for model numbers right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.