ROM Hack COMPLETED - Pokesav Black & White Translation w/ US game names

Not a poll, just links of F6B. Has everything from the US/UK game, only few probably unnoticable cha

• Use temp below

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • 2nd temp with start fix below

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • http://www.mediafire.com/?2zrvo1z2pjof1lp - A temporary file with cap change, etc. F6C may have a st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • http://www.mediafire.com/?003smb2js13objb Temp 2, has start fix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Totodile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BurlyEd said:
But when I LOAD a .pkm file from another trainer and press "Use own Name", pokesav CHANGES the special character in my trainer's name to a "?" rather than COPYING it. This is the translation error I am reporting. This has nothing to do with MY "system".
I see this as an interesting problem, but it has nothing to do with translation. You can think of Pokesav as just a document to me.
I'm now aware you can at least see the symbols, but some installed OS* don't support them. This is why I've changed what I've seen to regular lettering like M/F.
Your issue lies with how your OS handles characters due to the lack of support. Here is a previous post:
QUOTE(Totodile @ Sep 29 2010, 11:59 PM) People get confused seeing names "match" in game, yet the Pokemon "doesn't" belong to them. The JP romans and regular romans can throw them off.
The game will read them by "data", which will make them different. Ex: JP roman A letter "data" is 500+ times larger than the regular letter.
Regular roman: A B C D E (20 h, with space taking two h)
Japanese width roman: ????????? (40 h, JP space is 4 h, and you can't see it if your system has no support)
Enlarged screenshot:
screen.png
The Japanese game will only use JP width romans if you name something.
Internal data can use regular romans, which is why you can have fuller names if you patch or use Pokesav.
If an OS install is incompatible, the "Use own Name" option will not properly copy them. It will even change all JP romans into regular romans.
You can avoid this issue by using the Trash Bytes to match the values.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
spider476 said:
MakiManPR said:
dude can u add to change rotom forms?

It's not possible to chnge rotom forms... Black and white remove those options on the game.... you can have the attacks of each form but not the forms... that's the reason the forms can't be chosen

How completely wrong,you can change the rotom forms in the market on the way to the 6th gym city,i don't know why there is no rotom forms on pokesav,but you can change them.

spider476

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokemonfrontier.zobyhost.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Ra1d said:
spider476 said:
MakiManPR said:

It's not possible to chnge rotom forms... Black and white remove those options on the game.... you can have the attacks of each form but not the forms... that's the reason the forms can't be chosen

How completely wrong,you can change the rotom forms in the market on the way to the 6th gym city,i don't know why there is no rotom forms on pokesav,but you can change them.

You can check all the pokemon web pages and you will see that is NOT possible to change rotom forms on B&W... you can only have the attacks of each form... (live with that...) and that's the reason you can't use it on the pokesav.

Umbra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
spider476 said:
Ra1d said:
spider476 said:
MakiManPR said:

You can check all the pokemon web pages and you will see that is NOT possible to change rotom forms on B&W... you can only have the attacks of each form... (live with that...) and that's the reason you can't use it on the pokesav.

Really?

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/479.shtml and http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/forms.shtml

The only change in Rotom is that the forms are not Electric/Ghost, now they are Electric + Grass/Ice/Fire/Flying/Water.

Momaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woot new version and i like it i guess

i can now export the AR although i just realized i dont have to do that to use pokesav

kirbydragon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PiratePete said:
*Searches Internet* Wow, theres only about 10 other patches better than this.
Failed troll lol. Anyway, Totodile is the only source for this, just FYI.

Thanks again for all the work Toto.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PiratePete said:
*Searches Internet* Wow, theres only about 10 other patches better than this.

*searches internet**searches internet**searches internet**searches internet*

10 other patches? i'm intrigued. let's see some. *searches internet**searches internet*

*searches internet*

*searches internet*

*searches internet*

kirbydragon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha nice troll patrol. One dude posts and topples the rest of us replying to it lol.
Very interesting notes on Clone, it's just sad what he's done.
He's just trying to get credit for doing nothing while spamming multiple websites.
His old one went down rofl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol