ROM Hack COMPLETED - Pokesav Black & White Translation w/ US game names

Not a poll, just links of F6B. Has everything from the US/UK game, only few probably unnoticable cha

• Use temp below

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • 2nd temp with start fix below

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • http://www.mediafire.com/?2zrvo1z2pjof1lp - A temporary file with cap change, etc. F6C may have a st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • http://www.mediafire.com/?003smb2js13objb Temp 2, has start fix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donovantx8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LTK said:
yagami69 said:
XXLANCEXX said:
Why Cant I Get A Random Match
all Of my PKM are Legit but it kicks me off and i didnt use AR or POKESAV
i read on smogon that the moves that are exclusively from past generations are not able to be on random 3vs3 wifi matches, is on the research B&W tread from that forum

text from smogon forum:QUOTEConfirmed Random WiFi battles do not allow moves learned exclusively in generations before the 5th, including 4th gen\3rd gen move tutors. Pal Pad battles still do, though. (Kaphotics)
Confirmed Random WiFi battles do not allow Giratina period, but Rotom formes are allowed. (pokeluver1990)

Nah that's not it. I went in with 6 freshly caught, non-edited Pokemon and it still kicks me off. I think editing the gamefile at all with this Pokesav will not let you on Random battles.

Where they Isshu native, not that I haven't said this like 5 times, but if you've patched your game and your Isshu native pokemon have names longer than 5 Characters it will not allow them on.

LTK

Trophies
XP
Country
Donovantx8 said:
LTK said:
yagami69 said:
XXLANCEXX said:
Why Cant I Get A Random Match
all Of my PKM are Legit but it kicks me off and i didnt use AR or POKESAV
i read on smogon that the moves that are exclusively from past generations are not able to be on random 3vs3 wifi matches, is on the research B&W tread from that forum

text from smogon forum:QUOTEConfirmed Random WiFi battles do not allow moves learned exclusively in generations before the 5th, including 4th gen\3rd gen move tutors. Pal Pad battles still do, though. (Kaphotics)
Confirmed Random WiFi battles do not allow Giratina period, but Rotom formes are allowed. (pokeluver1990)

Nah that's not it. I went in with 6 freshly caught, non-edited Pokemon and it still kicks me off. I think editing the gamefile at all with this Pokesav will not let you on Random battles.

Where they Isshu native, not that I haven't said this like 5 times, but if you've patched your game and your Isshu native pokemon have names longer than 5 Characters it will not allow them on.

They all have their original Japanese symbol names.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo freaked out badily but at least SAVed Pokemon work in Friend Code Battles and the Battle Subway. I'm still appalled that Latias isn't allowed in the Battle Subway, she was allowed in the Battle Tower.

AcekardFan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
Nintendo freaked out badily but at least SAVed Pokemon work in Friend Code Battles and the Battle Subway. I'm still appalled that Latias isn't allowed in the Battle Subway, she was allowed in the Battle Tower.

Is Nintendo Following Smogon's Rules

Roxas93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
is random battle working for anyone?
i really want to play random battle to with my sav'd pokes but it doesn't let me it lets my legit pokemon but not my sav'd
frown.gif

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roxas93 said:
gamefreak94 said:
i really want to play random battle to with my sav'd pokes but it doesn't let me it lets my legit pokemon but not my sav'd
frown.gif

hmm this wifi thing is confusing a friend of mine says if you use pokesav (he uses this poesav) to change the name to over 5 characters it won't work,but he changed the name to over 5 characters with Kazo's after editing them in this and they work on random wifi,so he edits them in this then makes .pkm files and changes there names with Kazo's pokesav and he says they work on random - link to the vid that has DL links http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFtbyRQHiAU

hopefully this can be fixed so he doesn't need to do that extra work

Roxas93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingofgamesgx said:
Roxas93 said:
gamefreak94 said:
frown.gif

hmm this wifi thing is confusing a friend of mine says if you use pokesav (he uses this poesav) to change the name to over 5 characters it won't work,but he changed the name to over 5 characters with Kazo's after editing them in this and they work on random wifi,so he edits them in this then makes .pkm files and changes there names with Kazo's pokesav and he says they work on random - link to the vid that has DL links http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFtbyRQHiAU

I just tried what you said and it didn't work for me
frown.gif

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roxas93 said:
kingofgamesgx said:
Roxas93 said:
gamefreak94 said:
frown.gif

frown.gif

My friend said this worked as far as naming over 5 characters went beyond that i have no idea

Totodile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spider476 said:
on the pokesav i can't find the item feather (new usable item) that helps with the EVs... i think on the pokesav is not located....

Totodile... are you going to update this pokesav with the new items???
I have translated all the items the dev put, which is likely everything available in the game. Take some time to read them.

Jicer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt theres a 5 character limit for the names that is causing a block on random wifi.
I have a Warubiaru (Kamina-looking crocodile thing), and it's name is in english, and he's actually one of the few pokemon I've been able to get on over random wifi flawlessly, and he's sav'd (IV's/EV's).

It's got to be something else. I even have legit hatched pokemon (with their original names in kana) that I've done nothing more than load into pokesav that aren't allowed over random wifi, yet I've been able to totaly mask one pokemon for a different one via pokesav, (I caught one of those cat pokemon, and totaly revamped it as Emonga, the flying squirrel guy), and that's been able to go through fine.

I've been able to get by on random wifi for the most part by editing the EV's and IV's of the pokemon I already had legitimately, but that's it. I can't really use anyone I would really want to use, nor can I make them have egg-moves or anything like that.

This is seriously screwy. Maybe the hack detector for RandomWifi has yet to be sophisticated, or a whole new Pokesav-like program needs to be developed in order to accommodate this generation? I dunno.
glare.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens if you put a new gen pokemon such as pokabu in heart gold via wifi trade? does it say we can't do that or something?

Totodile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Final" (3) added.
Quick lesson on Pokemon text due to name discussion:
A regular roman character uses two h values.
The name limit for Pokemon is 20 h values.
Japanese characters use four h values.
A regular Japanese character can be the equivalent of 3 roman letters.
So if they wanted to, they could use the 20 h limit and romanized naming would have to deal with 15 letters.
Japanese has its own roman character width system.
People get confused seeing names "match" in game, yet the Pokemon "doesn't" belong to them. The JP romans and regular romans can throw them off.
The game will read them by "data", which will make them different. Ex: JP roman A letter "data" is 500+ times larger than the regular letter.
Regular roman: A B C D E (20 h, with space taking two h)
Japanese width roman: ????????? (40 h, JP space is 4 h, and you can't see it if your system has no support)
Enlarged screenshot:
screen.png
The Japanese game will only use JP width romans if you name something.
Internal data can use regular romans, which is why you can have fuller names if you patch or use Pokesav.
Similar limiting applies to the lists on Pokesav.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Roxas93 said:
kingofgamesgx said:
Roxas93 said:
gamefreak94 said:
frown.gif

frown.gif

There are also limitations on the random Wi-Fi,you can't use the same item on more than 1 pokemon,you can't have legendaries,you can't have some exclusive gen IV moves or something like that which i haven't figured out yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi