ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, a love plus game might make it to North America. I guess that Konami is doing market research, and it was only announced that they might after Project Love Plus was announced for the 3DS...

Anyways on the point of Love Plus+, it might be more work than you might think. The script format if it's the same would be okay, but it'd still have some programming hurdles to jump over. I have been playing LovePlus+ without understanding it, and in the pre-confession stage the scripts look identical.

It'd add more work to translate LovePlus+, but it'd probably be quicker to finish this script translation first then take a look at LovePlus+.

I'm waiting until after the next patch to continue testing of Love Plus (the regular one). Since school also stepped up I haven't had much opportunity as of late to take a look at the scripts for editing.

TFH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp.

I was having fun doing this. Then I had a major death in the family. Needless to say, I'm kind of unmotivated to do much of anything anymore. Sorry guys, and good luck.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TFH said:
Welp.

I was having fun doing this. Then I had a major death in the family. Needless to say, I'm kind of unmotivated to do much of anything anymore. Sorry guys, and good luck.
TFH, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I'm not very good with words, but you have my deepest sympathy.
Thank you very much for all your help. Everyone here and I wish you all the best and good luck. This project will still take a while to finish, so please feel free to drop by anytime you like.

Garett

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
well, i got a strange bug with manaka, in the morning (aprox 11am) she wakes me up, and then she goes of the screen, but then a kiss event is possible, and the half full heart appears, and you can do the circles with the stylus, but nothing happens, and manaka keep saying "ecchi, pervert, and mmm nnn" but the heart dont fills, so, this could be cause of the patch? or what is, and how is supposed to be that event?

PD: thx all for this patch ^^ and sorry for the bad english

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Garett said:
well, i got a strange bug with manaka, in the morning (aprox 11am) she wakes me up, and then she goes of the screen, but then a kiss event is possible, and the half full heart appears, and you can do the circles with the stylus, but nothing happens, and manaka keep saying "ecchi, pervert, and mmm nnn" but the heart dont fills, so, this could be cause of the patch? or what is, and how is supposed to be that event?

it's not the patch. it's just that you suck at that.
tongue.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
Garett said:

it's not the patch. it's just that you suck at that.
tongue.gif

It might be the patch, or the bug in the original game. I've experienced the same thing some time ago. Manaka just became invisible somehow (She was there but you just couldn't see here.), but you still could touch the screen. After a while, the event would continue with you walking to school with her. I wasn't sure if it was because of the patch or because I had only small space left on my memory card. But if Garett also had the same problem, it might be because of the patch. I'll try looking at this part's script then. Thank you so much.
wub.gif

QUOTE(Garett @ Mar 17 2011, 10:13 PM)
but in the screen was only the heart, and the game dont finish the event, i left that screen for almosta hour, and nothing happens
I kept touching the screen for a while and somehow the game progressed.

iron_man991

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a cool thing that your doing jjjewel

thought this game would never get translated..

btw just got confession with rinko. Lot is translated except for a couple walking scenes and pre-confession. and i was stuck as hell at the "kissing" scene. Freaking sucked cause i didnt know what to do until i read the love plus google guide site.

o yeah and without cheats !!

Keep it up
yaynds.gif

recient edit: edited jjjewels name (didnt spell it right)

LTeddy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TFH, I'm so sorry. I know how it feels like. I hope you're ok. Hang in there, alright? I wish you the best.

I said in another post that I would try to translate the walking home/school dialogs, but I just SUCK at it. :/ I'm also getting overwhelmed with college works, so I'm having little spare time to deal with the translation. I'm sorry to say, but I can't get any progress on that. I'm still playing the pre-confession part with all the girls to report any bugs I find, though.
But you're not getting rid of me! I'll still pass by occasionally, hopefully to post something constructive. LOL
Peace.
Have a nice weekend, everyone.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iron_man991 said:
this is a cool thing that your doing jjjewel

thought this game would never get translated..
happy.gif
It's not just me. Some parts of the game were already translated in TLWiki. I just continued from there. (Without TLWiki's tools, I wouldn't be able to work on this game.) Also, without helps from editors here at GBATemp, the project can't go on either.
wub.gif

QUOTE(LTeddy @ Mar 18 2011, 03:39 AM) TFH, I'm so sorry. I know how it feels like. I hope you're ok. Hang in there, alright? I wish you the best.

I said in another post that I would try to translate the walking home/school dialogs, but I just SUCK at it. :/ I'm also getting overwhelmed with college works, so I'm having little spare time to deal with the translation. I'm sorry to say, but I can't get any progress on that. I'm still playing the pre-confession part with all the girls to report any bugs I find, though.
But you're not getting rid of me! I'll still pass by occasionally, hopefully to post something constructive. LOL
Peace.
Have a nice weekend, everyone.
The walking home dialogs are the most difficult parts in my opinion. I'm also struggling with them.
happy.gif
Anyway, feel free to drop by and help whenever you have time.

------------
Updates on my part:

- The error when you go to the swimming pool with Manaka (pink personality) is because of something I did with arm9.bin file, but I still couldn't locate exactly where. Will need to look into it later. This one will be fixed before next patch release.

- The problems with graphics are almost fixed. I found a way to deal with mirror effect by editing NCER files. Anyway, still need to learn a bit more to make the graphics appear properly.

- For the next patch, since we don't have any major event until Nene's birthday in April, I don't think there will be any release until then. So, please wait.
biggrin.gif

By the way, if you have problems or questions about the game play that are not related to the translation patch, you can visit Love Plus Guide;
https://sites.google.com/site/loveplusguide/
Or the discussion board;
http://loveplusenglish.proboards.com/index.cgi
(Or just Google search. I think there are discussions about the game at other boards too.)

darkdrake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Woot!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!! i had seriously given up hope on a patch and have just been playing love plus+ and then a week ago my SD card got wiped and i lost everything.. and while i tried to redownload everything i thought i might as well check for a patch.. and what do you know, you guys have done an amazing job!!

JJJewel i'm glad you've picked nene's birthday as the planned patch date. Easy to remember and in a way kinda a birthday present for nene..

Quick question though.. why is it that Rinko has so many more files? it just seems strange to me that she has 40 more scripts then Manaka and Nene :S

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkdrake said:
Quick question though.. why is it that Rinko has so many more files? it just seems strange to me that she has 40 more scripts then Manaka and Nene :S
Somehow Rinko's files are separated into smaller portions. Like if Manaka's aquarium date scripts are all in one file, Rinko's scripts are separated into 2 files, etc. Overall, the amount of text is pretty much the same for all girls, but the number of files are not the same.
happy.gif

Gurukof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
jjjewel said:
Somehow Rinko's files are separated into smaller portions. Like if Manaka's aquarium date scripts are all in one file, Rinko's scripts are separated into 2 files, etc. Overall, the amount of text is pretty much the same for all girls, but the number of files are not the same.
happy.gif

boy that sure make things easier ¬¬ (sarcastic comment)

cheers

Chimon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been away for a while because of school commitments, but I've looked over or edited files 235-257. Please double-check them to see if they're okay ^^ I've also made a few notes/suggestions for some word choices - e.g. For #235 (Manaka gets mad), one of Manaka's script goes, "...Why are you so malicious today. Are you mad at me?" I suggested on using the word "mean" instead (More on that in the note).

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the only game in LovePlus mode the cheap rock paper scissors?

In LovePlus+, with Rinko, I seemed to have unlocked a Puyo Puyo type game

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IAmTheRad said:
Is the only game in LovePlus mode the cheap rock paper scissors?

In LovePlus+, with Rinko, I seemed to have unlocked a Puyo Puyo type game
That Puyo Puyo game is exclusive for Love Plus+.
happy.gif

If you can download torrent file, there's a NHK program about what's in Love Plus and what's new in Love Plus+ here.
*snip*
The show is in English.
(Mod, please delete the link if this is not allowed.)
Edited: Oops, sorry about the link.
tongue.gif
It's a TV show from NHK called imagine-nation. You might have to look for it yourself if you're interested.
----------------------------------

By the way, I'm back to translate Rinko's files.

I used Volvevavin for ???????? for now. Because we will have Volve Kick ?????? and Volve Fusion ?????????. If it's spelled as Volvavin, then Vol Kick and Vol Fusion don't look as cool as Volve. Anyway, any opinions are welcomed.

Also back to Rinko's backward vocabs. She goes like "Dad went to eat shi-su at Za-Gin and then took a xi-ta from Gi-Rop-Pon." (Dad went to eat sushi at Ginza and then took a taxi from Roppongi.) ??????????????????????????????
I still don't know how to translate it without making the players confused. Might end up making up something.
tongue.gif
(It even took me a while to decode what she said. -_-")

And a reference for editor who knows Japanese. Rinko's ??????????. (Read backward and it should be ?????????? = G?C?.)
http://fukubatch.blog76.fc2.com/?mode=m&no=73
I'll probably make something up for this part too.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
Also back to Rinko's backward vocabs. She goes like "Dad went to eat shi-su at Za-Gin and then took a xi-ta from Gi-Rop-Pon." (Dad went to eat sushi at Ginza and then took a taxi from Roppongi.) ??????????????????????????????
I still don't know how to translate it without making the players confused. Might end up making up something.
tongue.gif
(It even took me a while to decode what she said. -_-")

And a reference for editor who knows Japanese. Rinko's ??????????. (Read backward and it should be ?????????? = G?C?.)
http://fukubatch.blog76.fc2.com/?mode=m&no=73
I'll probably make something up for this part too.
I've always been curious about how people localize the quirkiness of Japanese girl-speak. I usually see it localized as a California "Valley-girl" airhead accent, and other times I've seen translators not deal with it at all and just do a straight up normal translation like "Dad went to eat sushi at Ginza and then took a taxi from Roppongi." I think the airhead accent works pretty well--it gets across the personality of the character.

So ?????????? means 50,010? Is this an amount of money? If so, are you localizing to US dollars? You could try something like "Five Benjamins and a Hamilton" or "5 Benjies and a Hammy" or something to that effect. If it's not a monetary amount, I'm not sure what I'd do to keep the original quirkiness. I guess how you tackle this would depend on the context of the number.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol