ROM Hack [Complete] Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love Plus

kimmikimmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for translating this game 8)
I have a problem though, I follow the patch tutorial and downloaded the patch..
Since the rom I downloaded is in rar file , I tried extracting it by right clicking on the file and click "Extract here"
it would become a folder .. i have pictures since my words don't really make sense :S
I tried using the patch and the patch file, but whenever I try to put the ROM in the patch it doesn't work. I think it's because of the rom file that I couldnt successfully extracted.

Pictures!
5048508889_b126ec21af_b.jpg

As you guys can see from left to right.. Tokimeki memorial girls side 1st love plus folder that I extracted from 3724.rar, the patch dl, and the patcher.. (?)

5049129794_1ca07dfc16_b.jpg

Here I'm trying to patch them together, I can put the patch download.. but whenever I try to put the rom file .. it shows me the folder that I extracted BUT nothing inside it, which in results.. makes me not able to patch them together..

T__T

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Fel, I'll leave your questions for other gamers to answer. It's like cheating if you ask me because I've read through every single script in the game.
tongue.gif

@kimmikimmi, read the Patching Tutorial again and make sure that;
1. You extract XdeltaGui's zip file first before running it. (Seems like you opened it through WinRAR from your picture. That's not the right way.)
2. Move the game rom (with .nds as file extension) to the same folder as Xdelta.exe.
Then try patching by following the patching tutorial. Let me know whether it works or not.

-------------

New patch will need a while. I just found out that once I fixed Hibiya's file that used to have problem, now I caused another problem in another file. T_T Will need some time to fix this.

kimmikimmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^
Thanks! I extracted the XdeltaGui.
I think the only problem I have right now is that even though I downloaded the ROM and extracted it.. it doesn't give me the file extension.
I get a folder after extracting instead of this picture that was posted on the Patching Tutorial.

2myxb9z.png

Whenever I try to extract the rar file I have of the rom game It doesn't become a file extension.. >< it becomes a folder of the game? And when I try patching it, it doesn't work.

Sorrry, I'm just too noob at these kind of things t_t

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kimmikimmi said:
Whenever I try to extract the rar file I have of the rom game It doesn't become a file extension.. >< it becomes a folder of the game? And when I try patching it, it doesn't work.

What's inside your folder of the game. Are there other zip or rar files or just one big file. (You can check the file size, right? Your Windows version is different from mine, so I can't tell how you supposed to do that. But you may try right-clicking on the file inside your folder and see the file size. If it's about 256 MB, then that's the rom file. Copy and paste it into the folder that you extracted XDelta_GUI and try patching it again.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kimmikimmi said:
Inside the folder are other rar files + the size of the rom file is about 180 MB..
ohnoes.png

Extract the rar file inside that folder and you should get a .nds file with 256MB this time. Then follow the instructions in my previous post. (Copy the .nds file to same folder as xdeltagui.) I guess it should work this time.

kimmikimmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh my god.
Thank you so much for helping me, the game finally works.
You have no idea how happy I am right now.
T________T
THANK YOU .

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kimmikimmi said:
Oh my god.
Thank you so much for helping me, the game finally works.
You have no idea how happy I am right now.
T________T
THANK YOU .

You are welcome. And please remember or take notes how you did everything. Because I plan to release an update patch very soon. (Now testing it. This new patch might work on Wood R4 too.
biggrin.gif
)

----------

New Patch Released
Check it out here:
https://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs1/r...se-note-v-0-9-1

- Fixed problem with ROM crashing at Hibiya's National Tournament event.
- Changed font spacing a little bit to squeeze Mr.Amanohashi's name into the text box. (If you never notice, I shortened his name to "Mr.Amano" in the game.)
- Fixed problem with R4 Wood. (I don't have other flash carts to test, but it might work on the carts that had problems before.)

P.S. If you play until you meet Amanohashi and get to see this Mr.Amanohashi part, please give some comment whether you like it with shortened name (Mr. Amano) or the full but squeezed name. (We can't use Mr.Amanohashi without squeezing it because it will be longer than the nickname text box.)

Image in spoiler tag
amano01.png

Edit: Urgh... I missed one error report on Aoki's ending. I'll check that later.
So there might be a chance that you'll get an error (game crashing) after you get his confession.
Edit2: I couldn't reproduce error at Aoki's ending text. Anyone having problem with it, please let me know.

x_entre_nous

Trophies
XP
Country
*--------* I can't even imagine how much time and hard work has gone into translating this. I've been playing it for the past few days now and it's absolutely brilliant. Thank you so much.

ioukta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
hey kimmikimmi what's ur wallpaper? i looove it, the color is the cutest and i love japanese writings like that

can u tell me what it is and where u got it?

Lady_Juju

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.aschaschi.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey jjjewel,
I am so happy about the patch-release!
You and your team did such a good job and I keep playing again and again ...
It's so nice that someone takes the challenge of translating a textbased game like this ...
after the otome developers don't look after us you guys did!

[Crazy thing is that I didn't manage to get Mr. Hazuki's but Mr. Mihara's
stampmihara.gif

ending ....

My, niiiice one jintoki! I didn't stumble upon Tendo by now ;( To bad! ]

Aschaschi / Lady Juju

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
suruz said:
Omgg this is complete already!! Thank you guys so much for translating this
wink.gif

I'm a guy but I'm gonna give this a try anyway, haha xD
Hope you like it then!
biggrin.gif
Tell us afterwards who's your favourite guy or gal.
wink.gif
On a sidenote, I was thinking of trying out Love Plus, the one for guys if it's gonna be out, because of all those options you have (though I'm not so sure of that now, since TMGS is so addicting 'like crack', as Jei's sig goes. Wouldn't like getting addicted to another game, especially since this one never ends!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1