Hacking Commercial rom loading with moonshell 2.10 and AKAIO 1.8(Ak2i)

  • Thread starter croagunk.master
  • Start date
  • Views 4,641
  • Replies 6
C

croagunk.master

Guest
OP
How do I get moonshell 2.10 to autoboot and load commercial roms with AKAIO 1.8 on an Acekard 2i?
 

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
4,979
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
219
Country
United States
Latest version that has been cracked to allow NDS loading was 2.10b9.
You can get it all set up from MAIO: http://gbatemp.net/t215395-maio-moonshell-...ne-for-acekards

Scratch that, I didn't see you said 1.8 which isn't available (yet).
Actually, there is this section from the link I gave which should help you:
CannonFoddr said:

Since I made the first MAIO package - the way to 'update' AKAIO has now changed - & it's a lot easier
Please note: this will only work on MAIO >=2.01

For those of you who have already downloaded MAIO in the past & wish to update AKAIO but don't want to download the whole package,
Here how to do it:-
  • > First make a backup off all the files on the flashcard - just to be safe
    > Downloaded the latest AKAIO file & extracted it to another folder on the PC (you'll usually end up with the '_aio' folder, 'akmenu4.nds' and a couple of TXT files)
    > Deleted the contents of the '_aio' folder on the flashcard EXCEPT the '/ui/' folder (so that you keep the skins already there)
    > Copied the contents of the AKAIO 1.7.1 '/_aio' folder into the same folder on the Flashcard
    > RENAMED the 1.7.1 'ak2menu.nds' to 'akaio.aio' & copied this over to the root directory of the flashcard (overwritting the existing 'akaio.aio')
... that's it.
It's now just a case of booting up, select 'reset to firmware' & changing the skin in AKAIO to the 'MAIO' skin
Once again thanks to Xenon++, as he has created a program that can create a NDS common installer called DS Env Maker (Download the latest version from this post)
Although it was made to allow the creation of Moonshell/YSMenu combo's - he has been kind enough to also include a 'MAIO v3' option

To use follow these instruction:-
Download & extract DSEMstub_7z915
  • Run 'Update.bat'
  • Run 'Menu.exe'
  • I Install menu
  • 1 Install AKAIO
  • 4 AKAIO latest
  • I Install Menu
  • 3 Moonshell2 (2.10 stable or beta9)
  • y (to 'You can DOWNGRADE to 2.10b9 to enable commercial ROM loading')
  • 0 Check Moonshell
  • y (to 'To Enable commercial ROM loading (without link launcher), hack overlay.dll ?')
  • A Addon Menu
  • 3 MAIO 3.xx
  • y (to 'are you going to use Moonshell >= 2.07 with modified overlay.dll?)
  • Formatted MicroSD card with Panasonic formatter
  • Open up the '/Setup/' folder & copied it all over to the root of flashcard
Now place the microSD card into your Acekard, put into your DS & switch on

It will now boot up automatically into Moonshell.... HOWEVER you will notice it's in Japanese
That's not a problem - here's how to change it to English (or whatever language you require)
  • Once booted up press the OK button
  • Press the Select button - you should see a list of 5 japanese words (the top one is actually a title)
  • Press the A button - to select the first option in the list & you should now see a screen with 2 tags along the top
  • Press the Left flipper button - to select the 'Accesory' tag
  • Scroll down & select (Press A) the 'Language select tool for MS2'
  • Now select your required language, & press A
It will now boot back into Moonshell - but now with the chosen language. The only thing is you won't have MAIO's skin files, the latest cheats or all the plugins
 
C

croagunk.master

Guest
OP
twiztidsinz said:
Latest version that has been cracked to allow NDS loading was 2.10b9.
You can get it all set up from MAIO: http://gbatemp.net/t215395-maio-moonshell-...ne-for-acekards

Scratch that, I didn't see you said 1.8 which isn't available (yet).
Actually, there is this section from the link I gave which should help you:
CannonFoddr said:

Since I made the first MAIO package - the way to 'update' AKAIO has now changed - & it's a lot easier
Please note: this will only work on MAIO >=2.01

For those of you who have already downloaded MAIO in the past & wish to update AKAIO but don't want to download the whole package,
Here how to do it:-
  • > First make a backup off all the files on the flashcard - just to be safe
    > Downloaded the latest AKAIO file & extracted it to another folder on the PC (you'll usually end up with the '_aio' folder, 'akmenu4.nds' and a couple of TXT files)
    > Deleted the contents of the '_aio' folder on the flashcard EXCEPT the '/ui/' folder (so that you keep the skins already there)
    > Copied the contents of the AKAIO 1.7.1 '/_aio' folder into the same folder on the Flashcard
    > RENAMED the 1.7.1 'ak2menu.nds' to 'akaio.aio' & copied this over to the root directory of the flashcard (overwritting the existing 'akaio.aio')
... that's it.
It's now just a case of booting up, select 'reset to firmware' & changing the skin in AKAIO to the 'MAIO' skin
Once again thanks to Xenon++, as he has created a program that can create a NDS common installer called DS Env Maker (Download the latest version from this post)
Although it was made to allow the creation of Moonshell/YSMenu combo's - he has been kind enough to also include a 'MAIO v3' option

To use follow these instruction:-
Download & extract DSEMstub_7z915
  • Run 'Update.bat'
  • Run 'Menu.exe'
  • I Install menu
  • 1 Install AKAIO
  • 4 AKAIO latest
  • I Install Menu
  • 3 Moonshell2 (2.10 stable or beta9)
  • y (to 'You can DOWNGRADE to 2.10b9 to enable commercial ROM loading')
  • 0 Check Moonshell
  • y (to 'To Enable commercial ROM loading (without link launcher), hack overlay.dll ?')
  • A Addon Menu
  • 3 MAIO 3.xx
  • y (to 'are you going to use Moonshell >= 2.07 with modified overlay.dll?)
  • Formatted MicroSD card with Panasonic formatter
  • Open up the '/Setup/' folder & copied it all over to the root of flashcard
Now place the microSD card into your Acekard, put into your DS & switch on

It will now boot up automatically into Moonshell.... HOWEVER you will notice it's in Japanese
That's not a problem - here's how to change it to English (or whatever language you require)
  • Once booted up press the OK button
  • Press the Select button - you should see a list of 5 japanese words (the top one is actually a title)
  • Press the A button - to select the first option in the list & you should now see a screen with 2 tags along the top
  • Press the Left flipper button - to select the 'Accesory' tag
  • Scroll down & select (Press A) the 'Language select tool for MS2'
  • Now select your required language, & press A
It will now boot back into Moonshell - but now with the chosen language. The only thing is you won't have MAIO's skin files, the latest cheats or all the plugins

Thanks for the help but it wont work with AKAIO 1.8 as I need the akmenu4.nds from 1.8 also, but I cant replace it with the one in MAIO because then it won't boot. I'll just wait for an update.
 

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
4,979
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
219
Country
United States
croagunk.master said:
Thanks for the help but it wont work with AKAIO 1.8 as I need the akmenu4.nds from 1.8 also, but I cant replace it with the one in MAIO because then it won't boot. I'll just wait for an update.
I'll give it a shot in a few hours and if I get it working, I'll upload what you need.
 
C

croagunk.master

Guest
OP
twiztidsinz said:
croagunk.master said:
Thanks for the help but it wont work with AKAIO 1.8 as I need the akmenu4.nds from 1.8 also, but I cant replace it with the one in MAIO because then it won't boot. I'll just wait for an update.
I'll give it a shot in a few hours and if I get it working, I'll upload what you need.

Ok, I'll wait. Thanks again.
 

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
4,979
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
219
Country
United States
[*]download maio 2.01 (ms2.10b9) and akaio 1.8.0.[*]extract maio 2.01 to a folder of your choice (i'll call it akfolder) on the desktop.[*]inside akfolder, delete the __aio folder and akaio.aio file.[*]extract akaio 1.8.0 to the akfolder.[*]rename akmenu4.nds to akaio.aio.[*]copy the contents of the akfolder to your microsd/hc card.[*]you can now customize moonshell 2 and akaio as you'd like.tested and worked with brain age - train your brain in minutes a day! (u).


i'd suggest you trying it yourself so that you can keep your card updated (teach a man to fish and all that), but if you're having troubles, here is maiov2.01 + akaio1.8.0 + wifi plugin update.
 
C

croagunk.master

Guest
OP
thanks but it doesn't work. it's stuck at the loading screen. do you have acekard 2i or acekard 2.1? i have a 2i so i think thats the problem.
EDIT: nevermind, it worked after a full format
EDIT 2: None of my saves are working!!
EDIT 3: Nevermind, everything is working perfectly!
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/27/business/mcdonalds-adults-happy-meal/index.html