Commercial rom loading with moonshell 2.10 and AKAIO 1.8(Ak2i)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by croagunk.master, Oct 16, 2010.

1. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

How do I get moonshell 2.10 to autoboot and load commercial roms with AKAIO 1.8 on an Acekard 2i?

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Latest version that has been cracked to allow NDS loading was 2.10b9.
    You can get it all set up from MAIO: http://gbatemp.net/t215395-maio-moonshell-...ne-for-acekards

Scratch that, I didn't see you said 1.8 which isn't available (yet).
    Actually, there is this section from the link I gave which should help you:

3. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

Thanks for the help but it wont work with AKAIO 1.8 as I need the akmenu4.nds from 1.8 also, but I cant replace it with the one in MAIO because then it won't boot. I'll just wait for an update.

4. twiztidsinz

United States
    I'll give it a shot in a few hours and if I get it working, I'll upload what you need.

5. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

Ok, I'll wait. Thanks again.

6. twiztidsinz

United States
    [*]download maio 2.01 (ms2.10b9) and akaio 1.8.0.[*]extract maio 2.01 to a folder of your choice (i'll call it akfolder) on the desktop.[*]inside akfolder, delete the __aio folder and akaio.aio file.[*]extract akaio 1.8.0 to the akfolder.[*]rename akmenu4.nds to akaio.aio.[*]copy the contents of the akfolder to your microsd/hc card.[*]you can now customize moonshell 2 and akaio as you'd like.tested and worked with brain age - train your brain in minutes a day! (u).

i'd suggest you trying it yourself so that you can keep your card updated (teach a man to fish and all that), but if you're having troubles, here is maiov2.01 + akaio1.8.0 + wifi plugin update.

7. croagunk.master
    OP

croagunk.master Newbie

thanks but it doesn't work. it's stuck at the loading screen. do you have acekard 2i or acekard 2.1? i have a 2i so i think thats the problem.
    EDIT: nevermind, it worked after a full format
    EDIT 2: None of my saves are working!!
    EDIT 3: Nevermind, everything is working perfectly!