TypicalPakeha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi team,

I'm a recent convert to the PS3 jailbreak scene.

I installed 4.88 Cobra as it seemed to be the one to go with.

A couple of ps3 games have been installed and run with no issues, however whenever I go to run PS2 games, they either start working and freeze the whole ps3 at a loading screen causing a restart, or they just go black as soon as I click on them and it's 2mins of black screen until I'm at the XMB again.

Cobra has been enabled in the debug settings, however I'm running out of ideas and places to look to find solutions.

Any advice appreciated!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe try qa flagging, downgrade to rebug 4.84 rex, then try a ps2 game. if it still does it, I'd suggest taking off your saves and stuff of the hdd and formatting the hdd on the pc, then trying a ps2 game again.

TypicalPakeha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
maybe try qa flagging, downgrade to rebug 4.84 rex, then try a ps2 game. if it still does it, I'd suggest taking off your saves and stuff of the hdd and formatting the hdd on the pc, then trying a ps2 game again.
Real nube here, what is QA flagging, and how do I achieve the downgrade? firmware is on 4.88.

felixthecat1970

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
ps3 60gb USA model, ps2 working ok with CFW 4.88.2 evilnat + webmanmod + clean .ISO ps2 dumps (redump.org verified) in ps3 hdd internal dev/hdd0/PS2ISO folder (and refresh games webman XMB), other friends ps3 models (no 60gb) with aditional PS2CONFIGXXXX.pkg for ps2 game auto-fixes (emulation workarounds)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may be using a bad version. I have the rebug toolbox version I'm using on my computer:

Attachments

• UP0001-RBGTLBOX2_00-0000000000000000-A0202-V0100.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 115

Telemnar29

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi team,

A couple of ps3 games have been installed and run with no issues, however whenever I go to run PS2 games, they either start working and freeze the whole ps3 at a loading screen causing a restart, or they just go black as soon as I click on them and it's 2mins of black screen until I'm at the XMB again.

Cobra has been enabled in the debug settings, however I'm running out of ideas and places to look to find solutions.

Any advice appreciated!
Hey everyone. So I had this exact same issue after updating my PS3 Slim to CFW 4.88 evilnat cobra version to be exact. I googled for a few hours trying to find a solution to why these official PS2 classic PKG file games, that are sold on the PS store , just blackscreen over and over . They actually we're chasing the console to hard crash , so it was more than just a black screen on the display output end. Anyway after much fiddling I found that going into the custom firmware tools and then disabling Cobra mode , letting the console do it's auto restart and then launching the game , caused it to launch fine. So I hope this reaches others struggling and helps.

Essentially, disable cobra mode, then launch the game & it should work.

Telemnar29

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi team,

Any advice appreciated!
Hey everyone. So I had this exact same issue after updating my PS3 Slim to CFW 4.88 evilnat cobra version to be exact. I googled for a few hours trying to find a solution to why these official PS2 classic PKG file games, that are sold on the PS store , just blackscreen over and over . They actually we're chasing the console to hard crash , so it was more than just a black screen on the display output end. Anyway after much fiddling I found that going into the custom firmware tools and then disabling Cobra mode , letting the console do it's auto restart and then launching the game , caused it to launch fine. So I hope this reaches others struggling and helps.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Iirc, it doesn't work if you try to use both ps2 isos and ps2 classics on cobra. I think that's why multiman has cobra mode.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hey
I have same problem on CFW evilnat 4.88 NoBD
Hardware BD drive is still not present on the PS3, PS2 games can run on BDless PS3? Bcause I have tried everything here and still have a black screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night