Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A reason for movement is kinda useless
Sometimes, the reason for closing is also obvious
And it depends from mod to mod (Hadrian for example always posts Topic Plutonij'd or something alike
tongue.gif
)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Imagine the amount of posts we have to moderate every day. The other posters are right, usually the reason is pretty self-explanitory. It's much faster to simply move what needs to be moved and close what needs to be closed without stopping to write a post about it each time.

*thinks about it*

That must be what Hadrian's massive post count is from.
wink.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
Imagine the amount of posts we have to moderate every day. The other posters are right, usually the reason is pretty self-explanitory. It's much faster to simply move what needs to be moved and close what needs to be closed without stopping to write a post about it each time.

*thinks about it*

That must be what Hadrian's massive post count is from.
wink.gif
FFS!! Don't let them know that I close more threads then Plutonij.

May I have the honours? I have a emoicon to use.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I close threads without replying quite often. GBAtemp has been slow for me, so when taking care of reports or things I spot as I browse, I tend to "just do it" and stay in the background as far as explanations or fanfare.

Closing threads, trashing posts and unpinning new reports always seems to take forever to update after I click go.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
In most cases (in my experience) before a thread has been reported/dealt with someone has already replied to the OP stating the mistakes that they've made (e.g. "oh btw you posted this in the wrong area" or "you're not allowed to ask for roms"). When this happens there really isn't any need to repeat what has already been said (if a warning is given, I'd explain why through PM instead).

I only respond when no one has pointed out another member's mistakes.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well dice, other than my favorite closing line "Are you shitting me?"

and oh ya,
and Hadrain's " closed because your clearly taking a piss"

But i usually read closed topics to see what the mod said or why the thread was closed in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1