Hacking Cloning SD card, best method, 512GB a2 failed via acronis?

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone successfully cloned their SD card to a new one? I have a 400gb one with android and cfw on it (atmosphere) and I tried to clone using acronis (the clone wizard not tib to new drive), it said it succeeded, but when i put it in, the switch complained and said it needed formatted. In windows it appears to have extra partitions now than on the 400gb.

If this can be done, what tool is everyone using for success (or perhaps the 512gb a2 sandisk is just not usable, i think it is though from what i read)

Thanks in advance

Last edited by jimlaman8,

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestions, not sure if those two will work with the dual boot of android but ill give them a shot.

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, actually i just ran through the steps in this article (the last ones via terminal, with the appropriate partitions), and now its working, at least in OFW, i assume CFW will be fine too

This is the same basic article i used to create the original partitions (the #'s for partitions changed slightly, so i adjusted the entries)

EDIT: unfortunately it wont boot at all either android or atmosphere, i get hekate boot area but thats it

I use this tiny free app that backup all the partitions in single image that can be restored. It is very usefull with hidden emunand backup.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
I did briefly open this one, it appears to only give u a choice of drive letter, not the entire sd card (three in this case, there should be at least 8 partitions)

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I use HDD raw copy tool. Even copies hidden emunand setups.

https://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/
Use this tool. It is perfect for cloning HDD drives, no matter what partitions it has, what format it is in, or what operating system it contains, it will create an exact copy for you. Very useful to recover files on a broken drive to pentesting it on the cloned drive.

Reactions: spriteice

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use this tool. It is perfect for cloning HDD drives, no matter what partitions it has, what format it is in, or what operating system it contains, it will create an exact copy for you. Very useful to recover files on a broken drive to pentesting it on the cloned drive.

That tool worked out great (hdd raw copy). I guess now i need to boot up to gparted and do the expansion so i get the extra space.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That tool worked out great (hdd raw copy). I guess now i need to boot up to gparted and do the expansion so i get the extra space.
YES, curiously Ubuntu L4T has Gparted. So if you have it in another MicroSD, you can connect it to the Dock and connect your other MicroSD with an adapter in the USB ports of the Dock and perform the expansion.

The downside of this tool, and possibly any other, is that the image backup must be less than the memory to be restored, or you will get errors when finished and possibly vital files that will not load any OS that had the Backup.

I happened with the Backup of Android LineageOS PIE that I tried to restore, it weighed 63 ~ GB and my MicroSD only had true space of 62 ~ GB and I did not charge the Android ..."

Last edited by Imancol,

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES, curiously Ubuntu L4T has Gparted. So if you have it in another MicroSD, you can connect it to the Dock and connect your other MicroSD with an adapter in the USB ports of the Dock and perform the expansion.

The downside of this tool, and possibly any other, is that the image backup must be less than the memory to be restored, or you will get errors when finished and possibly vital files that will not load any OS that had the Backup.

I happened with the Backup of Android LineageOS PIE that I tried to restore, it weighed 63 ~ GB and my MicroSD only had true space of 62 ~ GB and I did not charge the Android ..."

I ran through the gparted guide here per usual, but after resizing and doing all the steps, emuMMC wont boot .. black screen of death basically. Android still boots though, everything looked fine at the end of the steps too, not sure how to cure this. I did back up the non expanded image beforehand, but it takes hours to restore.

EDIT: strange, second time around it worked, perhaps was low battery

spriteice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I ran through the gparted guide here per usual, but after resizing and doing all the steps, emuMMC wont boot .. black screen of death basically. Android still boots though, everything looked fine at the end of the steps too, not sure how to cure this. I did back up the non expanded image beforehand, but it takes hours to restore.

EDIT: strange, second time around it worked, perhaps was low battery

Try ‘fix emunand’ in Hekte options

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: