Hardware Clicking noise upon startup and won't read discs (video included)

Honkinghard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Wii secondhand for cheap and it makes a rapid clicking noise when I start it up. The clicking also occurs when it attempts (and fails) to take in a disc via its motorized tray.

I'm new to Wii. Is this a common issue with Wiis? What might be happening here and could it be repairable?

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a Wii secondhand for cheap and it makes a rapid clicking noise when I start it up. The clicking also occurs when it attempts (and fails) to take in a disc via its motorized tray.

I'm new to Wii. Is this a common issue with Wiis? What might be happening here and could it be repairable?

Forget about it, softmod it and put everything on a USB HDD.

Honkinghard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no plan to use discs personally, but this Wii is one of a couple that I bought with the intention to resell. Buyers sometimes have a habit of not fully reading the description before buying something so I try not to sell defective items when I can help it. If the drive is simply toast I'll just have to make it really obvious.

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
I have no plan to use discs personally, but this Wii is one of a couple that I bought with the intention to resell. Buyers sometimes have a habit of not fully reading the description before buying something so I try not to sell defective items when I can help it. If the drive is simply toast I'll just have to make it really obvious.
Now it makes sense that you were asking here about the drive lol

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe there is a disc in the drive.
If not try to calibrate Your drive. You have to
disassemble your wii, take out the drive, remove the screws on the drive.
The mechanics should go back into the right position, assemble the drive and test your drive. If it works assemble the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: admonish