Clean Untouched NAND?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by retrogamermatt, Nov 17, 2010.

Nov 17, 2010

Clean Untouched NAND? by retrogamermatt at 4:48 AM (763 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. retrogamermatt
    OP

Member retrogamermatt GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    OK i have a quick question, i have a Wii brand new still in the box and i want to dump the nand for testing purposes before i do any softmodding to it. How i usually dump the NAND is install HBC and BootMii as IOS then dump NAND, but then the NAND will have HBC and BootMii on it and i dont want that. How would i dump an untouched (Completely Virgin) NAND? My first thought is load an app using bannerbomb but what program, and will it leave any trace on the NAND before it dumps. Thanks in Advance. [​IMG]

2. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    On a new wii you can not do it without a nand programmer.

3. mvgc3

Member mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't see why you couldn't use FSDumper/FSToolbox (I believe they're like Preloader and Priiloader, where one is the predecessor to the other, but I'm not positive which is which) and Bannerbomb. The FS apps aren't the best (I've run into some problems with them updating incorrectly) but they get the job done, and seem to be what you're looking for.

I'm pretty sure the exploits for 4.3 require save games, so that might be a problem, albeit a small one.

4. retrogamermatt
    OP

Member retrogamermatt GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Thanks ill try that i unboxed the wii and its only 4.2 so im good for bannerbomb. this is my third wii xD