Clarification on WiiWare/VC games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dirtie, May 10, 2009.

May 10, 2009
  1. Dirtie
    OP

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    How's it going [​IMG]

I've been away from the site for quite a while now, and have therefore gone from informed to becoming completely clueless about anything related to Wii hacking (obviously a lot of progress has been made).

After looking at the sticky topics I can't find anything that will answer my question in a basic manner, or otherwise I completely missed it somehow, and if that's the case I apologize in advance.

So at the risk of looking like a total noob, I'm asking for a bit of clarification with regards to WiiWare and VC games:

- My Wii was bought on launch day, and has a drive chip. I updated it to 4.0 through the normal/legit method, but still have an updated Homebrew Channel as it was already installed prior to updating. Can I install and play "backup" WiiWare/VC games that I've downloaded without any further modification?
    - If not, are there any expected hacks I should be waiting for to do this with as little modification as possible?
    - If not again, what modifications do I need to do to be able to play backup WiiWare/VC games (nothing else), again preferably keeping things as "virgin" as possible?
    - Once any required softmods have been performed, I take it I just load up the latest version of WAD manager in the HBC and install the games I want?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. joda

Member joda GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    No mods are needed to run pirated WW/VC from internal NAND. If you however wish to be able to move WW/VC out to SD(HC) card and run them from there with the new SD menu, you have to patch ios60 to include the trucha bug. There should be a few guides for this lying around.

3. Dirtie
    OP

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Ok, I just attempted to install a WiiWare game using WAD Manager 1.4 (loaded through the HBC) and I get a "-2011" error when trying to install.

4. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    You need to install a CIOS.