Gaming Civ 6 Tutorial Bug

RitchieRitchie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Started playing the tutorial in Civ 6 and when it cam to build a Campus in the my city the game wouldn't recognise the A button. I had to then quit the game (expecting that there was an automatic save) but there isn't. So just wondering if anyone else has had this bug? I've never played a Civ game so wanted to go through the tutorial but if this is a common occurrence I might not bother. Not having a save feature in the Tutorial (which I'm guessing will take a long time) is a criminal - unless there is and i'm just being an idiot?

SageIsSerious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started playing the tutorial in Civ 6 and when it cam to build a Campus in the my city the game wouldn't recognise the A button. I had to then quit the game (expecting that there was an automatic save) but there isn't. So just wondering if anyone else has had this bug? I've never played a Civ game so wanted to go through the tutorial but if this is a common occurrence I might not bother. Not having a save feature in the Tutorial (which I'm guessing will take a long time) is a criminal - unless there is and i'm just being an idiot?

You are not alone. I was unable to proceed after a certain point in the tutorial as well. I think it was when I was expanding and had to build a remote village or something and create warriors to protect it, I was unable to give commands to the unit by pressing A, it would choose the village instead of the warrior every time, even using touch...(it would select the warrior for a millisecond and then default back to the village). Couldnt end my turn and I tried everything. Had to turn off the gane.

Sucks because I need the tutorial to learn the game. I'll just start an actual game and learn the rest through trial-by-fire and online FAQs.

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You are not alone. I was unable to proceed after a certain point in the tutorial as well. I think it was when I was expanding and had to build a remote village or something and create warriors to protect it, I was unable to give commands to the unit by pressing A, it would choose the village instead of the warrior every time, even using touch...(it would select the warrior for a millisecond and then default back to the village). Couldnt end my turn and I tried everything. Had to turn off the gane.

Sucks because I need the tutorial to learn the game. I'll just start an actual game and learn the rest through trial-by-fire and online FAQs.
Yeah, I'll probably do the same - it's still pretty crap though!

CIVswitch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I have exact the same bug described by Ritchie. Not possible to build gthe campus.
Saving the tutorial is not possible btw... really annoying.

edit: tried it a 2nd time, same bug again.

Last edited by CIVswitch,

RitchieRitchie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have exact the same bug described by Ritchie. Not possible to build gthe campus.
Saving the tutorial is not possible btw... really annoying.

edit: tried it a 2nd time, same bug again.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of starting the tutorial again but won't bother if there is a good chance it freezes at the same point. Have you started a proper game and found any similar bugs?

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you using legal copies ? US ? UE ? or maybe there is only one version, not sure... With or without DLC installed ? Latest update if any ?
If (legal) backup, which CFW ?

CIVswitch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of starting the tutorial again but won't bother if there is a good chance it freezes at the same point. Have you started a proper game and found any similar bugs?

I have started a "normal" game, but just played half an hour so far. will let you know if i have other bugs during the game!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you using legal copies ? US ? UE ? or maybe there is only one version, not sure... With or without DLC installed ? Latest update if any ?
If (legal) backup, which CFW ?

it's about the Nintendo switch version, are you referring to PC?

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have started a "normal" game, but just played half an hour so far. will let you know if i have other bugs during the game!
it's about the Nintendo switch version, are you referring to PC?

Of course I'm talking about the switch version...
The question stands: do you have DLC ? Did you install the update ? Did you purchase the game on eshop or are you using a backup ?
If a backup, which CFW are you running ?

Reactions: BlackTSQ

supercosy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, I'm having the exact same issue when trying to build a campus in the tutorial. You can't select anything. Quite frustrating as I paid a lot of money for this and I want to get the most out of the complicated system. Its disappointing. There is no update yet.

RitchieRitchie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, I'm having the exact same issue when trying to build a campus in the tutorial. You can't select anything. Quite frustrating as I paid a lot of money for this and I want to get the most out of the complicated system. Its disappointing. There is no update yet.
Yeah, it's very disappointing. I read online that a possible reason is that if you don't immediately select what the tutorial is telling you to select and start looking at/moving other units etc this will happen. Either way it's still very shoddy!

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, why don't you provide useful information about your game ?
You don't have to admit piracy, you can be hypothetical !

If it's a legal gamecart or eshop version, you need to write to the developer or nintendo.
If it's hypothetically the other way around, then you need to provide details on how you run your *legit* backup...

CIVswitch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, is it possible to play the actual game, as long as you skip the tutorial?

yes you can play the normal game.

Guys, why don't you provide useful information about your game ?
You don't have to admit piracy, you can be hypothetical !

If it's a legal gamecart or eshop version, you need to write to the developer or nintendo.
If it's hypothetically the other way around, then you need to provide details on how you run your *legit* backup...

no answer so far as i had no time to do so.
I am using the gamecart-version, legally bought. there was an update installed before starting the game for the first time. I think all DLC's are installed automatically!? Or do I have to download them somewhere?

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez, I've only played Civ5 so I was stoked about having it on the Switch on the go. Though this might deter some possible new players, since it really is a great game(at least from my experience with Civ5 )

And to be honest, the game gets pretty easy to understand after a few hours of play, things don't normally get difficult unless your getting swarmed by Barbarians or you got another Civilization( CPU ) that tends to go to war at the early stages of the game.

Rough that the tutorial is gonna annoy newer players tho.

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes you can play the normal game.

no answer so far as i had no time to do so.
I am using the gamecart-version, legally bought. there was an update installed before starting the game for the first time. I think all DLC's are installed automatically!? Or do I have to download them somewhere?

Thanks for these details. So there is very little things that we can do on this forum for this kind of issue... Did you contact nintendo or the publisher/developer (whoever ported CIV6 to switch) ?

icefox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same happened to me. No save on tutorial it seems. I just restarted tutorial and smashed A to get to the point. And it worked the second time. The bug is random. I'm still not done with the tutorial though. It's a multi-hour tutorial... and rightfully so!

RitchieRitchie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Same happened to me. No save on tutorial it seems. I just restarted tutorial and smashed A to get to the point. And it worked the second time. The bug is random. I'm still not done with the tutorial though. It's a multi-hour tutorial... and rightfully so!
I just started a game on a pretty low difficulty - reckon I'll learn it that way!

Pharmboy6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez, I've only played Civ5 so I was stoked about having it on the Switch on the go. Though this might deter some possible new players, since it really is a great game(at least from my experience with Civ5 )

And to be honest, the game gets pretty easy to understand after a few hours of play, things don't normally get difficult unless your getting swarmed by Barbarians or you got another Civilization( CPU ) that tends to go to war at the early stages of the game.

Rough that the tutorial is gonna annoy newer players tho.

Thanks for contacting 2K Support!

I'm sorry that you're encountering this issue in the CIV tutorial. However, I have a solution! The game will allow you to continue, if you avoid use of the fortify command or multi-turn automation in the Tutorial, leading into turn 26. Please try that and let me know if it works!

Until then, please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Take care,

Yusuf K.
2K Support

I posted 2k response to this cuz I had same problem.
Thanks for contacting 2K Support!

I'm sorry that you're encountering this issue in the CIV tutorial. However, I have a solution! The game will allow you to continue, if you avoid use of the fortify command or multi-turn automation in the Tutorial, leading into turn 26. Please try that and let me know if it works!

Until then, please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Take care,

Yusuf K.
2K Support

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over