Hacking CiTRUS development

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're wrong. While it probably can't emulate the N64, it's certainly more powerful than it.
I'm talking hardware specs, not the optimization of the games. Overall, 3DS is a much more "powerful" system because it's much more optimized. But unless I'm mistaken, the physical specs on the 3DS are weaker. (I've been trying to find charts to compare the two, and I'm having trouble finding anything).
No, you're still really wrong. Go look up the individual specs for each console if you disagree.

And no amount of optimization will get you from the top image (N64) to the bottom (3DS).
ozOLi.jpg

but i can do this on my Android phone which is nowhere near top of the range .. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this was posted yet.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/CiTRUS#UPCOMING
3/1/2012 @ 17:02 PST
I am proud to reveal what this upcoming project is today.

It has come to my attention that there is no GBATemp Homebrew Bounty. At the time of writing the news above (~3 weeks ago) I was under the impression it would happen again.

Regardless by saying "at" I was implying "by". I will still release this next version, to be dubbed "CiTRUS Ultimate". Currently I do not have an estimate of when the release will be exactly, but I am hoping for sometime next week since I am getting positive results.

I know, due to the nature of how I am "unknown" to the scene, I may be considered a liar or fraud. To assure you that I am honest with my work I will enclose a download to a work-in-progress 3DS-mode Homebrew ("Hello World") CXI I developed using CiTRUS Ultimate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lnc2o6372iq98cl

I understand some of the misinformed users of gbatemp may think this is developer-only but in fact it can be retail signed, provided the right RSA keys. In my demo, I used a fake RSA key (a bundle of zeros). When using this program, I provide you an option to specify your own RSA keys for signing. No illegal keys will be provided. The CXI is a format used by both retail and developer 3DS's, not just developer!

Please note that this CXI has not been tested for loading but it has valid structure, a valid ExeFS (contains ARM11 code, banner, icon, and logo) and has been accepted in transformations to other formats. To the best of my knowledge this is very close to a proper CXI, if not a proper one already.

In the initial release of this new feature in CiTRUS I will only include very simple options, but if I see users are enjoying this program I will add more to it.

In case some of you wonder, this does not have a RomFS. I admit I have not delved into that yet.

Currently this has the capability to enable debug modes, sign[-], hash, and create CXI files out of an ELF/AXF to the best of my knowledge.

[-] = RSA key is required for retail/developer signatures.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this was posted yet.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/CiTRUS#UPCOMING

It has come to my attention that there is no GBATemp Homebrew Bounty. At the time of writing the news above (~3 weeks ago) I was under the impression it would happen again.

Regardless by saying "at" I was implying "by". I will still release this next version, to be dubbed "CiTRUS Ultimate". Currently I do not have an estimate of when the release will be exactly, but I am hoping for sometime next week since I am getting positive results.

I know, due to the nature of how I am "unknown" to the scene, I may be considered a liar or fraud. To assure you that I am honest with my work I will enclose a download to a work-in-progress 3DS-mode Homebrew ("Hello World") CXI I developed using CiTRUS Ultimate.

http://www.mediafire...lnc2o6372iq98cl

I understand some of the misinformed users of gbatemp may think this is developer-only but in fact it can be retail signed, provided the right RSA keys. In my demo, I used a fake RSA key (a bundle of zeros). When using this program, I provide you an option to specify your own RSA keys for signing. No illegal keys will be provided. The CXI is a format used by both retail and developer 3DS's, not just developer!

Please note that this CXI has not been tested for loading but it has valid structure, a valid ExeFS (contains ARM11 code, banner, icon, and logo) and has been accepted in transformations to other formats. To the best of my knowledge this is very close to a proper CXI, if not a proper one already.

In the initial release of this new feature in CiTRUS I will only include very simple options, but if I see users are enjoying this program I will add more to it.

In case some of you wonder, this does not have a RomFS. I admit I have not delved into that yet.

Currently this has the capability to enable debug modes, sign[-], hash, and create CXI files out of an ELF/AXF to the best of my knowledge.

Same thing I posted.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Rom loaders and region free is nice and all, but I would love to see retro emulators running on the 3DS before all else! :D
*Snip*
*Snip*
Anyone know when the next Homebrew Contest will be held?
No plans for a new homebrew contest at this point. Doesnt mean things won't change. Just that we have nothing planned on that front.

now that you mention it (and reading the first post) it could be a nice idea to have a "3DS Hacking Bounty" or something?
but surely we can't just start that without knowing for sure that there WILL be any entries...

Reactions: 1 person

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we dont even know what the 3ds has for a cpu and gpu, , and the psp can do n64 emulation, i would like to thik if a last gen psp can do it than it could be possible on the 3ds
especially if we have an official sdk, though there is still no n64 for ps3, but i think its because the devs working on it are too stuborn and principled to just break down and ditch pslight and go with the official sdk

KvinMoreaux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the hardware of the 3ds is capable to emulate a ps1 or a n64, after all we can emulate a ps1 with an old 1ghz single core arm processor (the processor of the 3ds is a 800mhz dual core arm 11 and the gpu is more powerful)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
there was even a port for the ds, with mario64ds , we know it wont work on the ds but the 3ds must be much more powerfull than the ds
I'm starting a new thread for this, because this has all gone WAY off topic

http://gbatemp.net/topic/322006-what-emulators-do-you-think-will-be-possible-if-the-3ds-gets-hacked/

There you go. feel free to bring this discussion over here.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Rom loaders and region free is nice and all, but I would love to see retro emulators running on the 3DS before all else! :D
*Snip*
*Snip*
Anyone know when the next Homebrew Contest will be held?
No plans for a new homebrew contest at this point. Doesnt mean things won't change. Just that we have nothing planned on that front.

now that you mention it (and reading the first post) it could be a nice idea to have a "3DS Hacking Bounty" or something?
but surely we can't just start that without knowing for sure that there WILL be any entries...
Thanks Costello ;)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
An editor requested deletion on the site, but as it's without name, it can be a butthurt troll or an anti-piracy zealot. And the reason is "This application is Complete Bullshit™" , which only further confirms this. I'd say it's real (though if someone has a 3DS, try it), and this might mean that the 3DS is finally hacked.

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
After finally catching up, the only question I have to ask is why deem the world your knowledge, let alone your exploit, out in public for Nintendo R&D to catch on to patch this problem?

It is as if the User had never released a exploit before, nor has acknowldged that people are capable of reversing the test exploit. The User should have properly done more testing in his efforts before getting all emotional and impatient to release the procedure. Not to mention his dialogue was completely informal to the community, which sounded as if the User wasn't sure what we would think. He/she prematurely released it in spite, which was a bad move.

gDan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is a talk page with an ongoing discussion where that user explained why he requested deletion here: http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Talk:CiTRUS
This application and the linked .CXI are complete crap. The .bcwav file in the application is a mutilated .WAV file, the .ctpk files are just a series of random 0x00 and 0xFF, the .cbmd is another mutilated file (I believe some image file), and the .cxi is complete crap (just look at the file in a hex editor and tell me that's not immediately ridiculous). Calling for deletion of this ridiculous page. --trap15
But 3dsExplorer opens the files fine; it seems to me that you should be able to create working banners and icons at least, and maybe some working "hello world" with the next version of his application? Am I wrong?

xblackdemonx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

http://www.mediafire...lnc2o6372iq98cl

I understand some of the misinformed users of gbatemp may think this is developer-only but in fact it can be retail signed, provided the right RSA keys. In my demo, I used a fake RSA key. When using this program, I provide you an option to specify your own RSA keys for signing. No illegal keys will be provided. The CXI is a format used by both retail and developer 3DS's, not just developer!

This tool is practically for developer-units only.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay hold on a second- how does this solve the problem of the fact that we can't sign anything to make it run? He make a .CXI file...how is that significant at all? We still have to sign it, don't we? And we don't have a way to sign anything, right? What am I missing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-