TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The german wikipedia says 266Mhz, though that isn' really sourced. So take with a bottle of Salt.

On the other hand clock speed is meaningless anyway with this many processor generations between them. An Arm 11 with 50Mhz would be faster than the N64.

Edit:
D'oh should have checked 3Dbrew first. 2 x 268Mhz
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Hardware
Thank you Slowking

And you were saying, Soulx? The reason I didn't trust those google sources I found was because I thought they were shady. Turns out I wasn't the one who was stupid, after all. Next time, think before you say something like that.

ndsmaxatope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey people, there is a new update about this
UPCOMING

3/1/2012 @ 17:02 PST

I am proud to reveal what this upcoming project is today.

It has come to my attention that there is no GBATemp Homebrew Bounty. At the time of writing the news above (~3 weeks ago) I was under the impression it would happen again.

Regardless by saying "at" I was implying "by". I will still release this next version, to be dubbed "CiTRUS Ultimate". Currently I do not have an estimate of when the release will be exactly, but I am hoping for sometime next week since I am getting positive results.

I know, due to the nature of how I am "unknown" to the scene, I may be considered a liar or fraud. To assure you that I am honest with my work I will enclose a download to a work-in-progress 3DS-mode Homebrew ("Hello World") CXI I developed using CiTRUS Ultimate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lnc2o6372iq98cl

I understand some of the misinformed users of gbatemp may think this is developer-only but in fact it can be retail signed, provided the right RSA keys. In my demo, I used a fake RSA key. When using this program, I provide you an option to specify your own RSA keys for signing. No illegal keys will be provided. The CXI is a format used by both retail and developer 3DS's, not just developer!

This tool is practically for developer-units only.

Please note that this CXI has not been tested for loading but it has valid structure, a valid ExeFS (contains ARM11 code, banner, icon, and logo) and has been accepted in transformations to other formats. To the best of my knowledge this is very close to a proper CXI, if not a proper one already.

In the initial release of this new feature in CiTRUS I will only include very simple options, but if I see users are enjoying this program I will add more to it.

In case some of you wonder, this does not have a RomFS. I admit I have not delved into that yet.

Currently this has the capability to enable debug modes, sign[-], hash, and create CXI files out of an ELF/AXF to the best of my knowledge.

[-] = RSA key is required for retail/developer signatures.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/CiTRUS

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi folks!

So I was just browsing around 3DBrew, and I noticed this on the CiTRUS page.

UPCOMING

Currently I am working on some *ahem* things I would like to keep private until they are stable as I am currently unsure of how long it will take or even if they will eventually be stable.

Please stay tuned!

News: I am working very hard on a new feature. For now I will *not* say exactly what it is BUT I hope to unveil it at the GBATemp Homebrew Bounty.

The new feature is not ready just yet but it is currently a working proof-of-concept. I will give a hint that this "new feature" will revolutionize the 3DS's so-called "scene".

As you can see there, the author states that he has something in the works, and he is hoping to unveil it in the Homebrew bounty.

What do you guys think?

SOURCE :arrow: http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/CiTRUS :!:
Omg nooooooo please !!! No more cheaters !!!! U.u

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
And you were saying, Soulx? The reason I didn't trust those google sources I found was because I thought they were shady. Turns out I wasn't the one who was stupid, after all. Next time, think before you say something like that.
Um, you did say that the N64 had more powerful hardware than the 3DS. @soulx was still right even if he got the processor's clock speed wrong.

Bowing out... :P

No plans for a new homebrew contest at this point. Doesnt mean things won't change. Just that we have nothing planned on that front.

now that you mention it (and reading the first post) it could be a nice idea to have a "3DS Hacking Bounty" or something?
but surely we can't just start that without knowing for sure that there WILL be any entries...
How about some sort of rolling bounty, with no closing date. Just a "when a hack is released, the person responsible gets the bounty", sort of thing. It might, at least, encourage more people to try and hack the 3DS. You could even add to the bounty over time (like once every few months or so).

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Um, you did say that the N64 had more powerful hardware than the 3DS. @soulx was still right even if he got the processor's clock speed wrong.

Bowing out... :P
No one is right or wrong, we simply don't know the 3DS's processor speed. It's customised, the VRAM, DSP, GPU and dual CPU are all in one SOC (system on chip), it's hard to tamper with.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still cant believe that one of these chinese companies , flashcard or otherwie hasnt sent out one of these 3ds soc chips and had it decaped and scanned to find out,exaxtly what it is
in the land or reverse engineering and ip theft and piracy, you think that even if the flashcard makers didnt want to spend the money to do that,(not that i think its that expensive,not compared to what they could make) but someone like dingoo or someone else would

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still cant believe that one of these chinese companies , flashcard or otherwie hasnt sent out one of these 3ds soc chips and had it decaped and scanned to find out,exaxtly what it is
in the land or reverse engineering and ip theft and piracy, you think that even if the flashcard makers didnt want to spend the money to do that,(not that i think its that expensive,not compared to what they could make) but someone like dingoo or someone else would
That could work but it would lead to a hardware exploit and if the 3DS audience is younger then console (I think it is maybe I am wrong) they prob would be too afraid to install it. Leading to not very good sales.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That could work but it would lead to a hardware exploit and if the 3DS audience is younger then console (I think it is maybe I am wrong) they prob would be too afraid to install it. Leading to not very good sales.
oh i meant that not even so much for an exploit but to know what the 3ds uses fora processor, at least, and we have seen chip clips for wii dvd drives and ps3 nor flasher so a hardmod may not be so bad anymore

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, since I know you're good and well to say "Google it for me and give me evidence" I have gone out and done jsut that.

N64 specs:

http://www.cyberiapc.com/vgg/nintendo_n64.htm

3DS specs:

http://www.hardcoreware.net/nintendo-3ds-specs-comparison/
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2010/09/21/new-nintendo-3ds-hardware-info
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/new-nintendo-3ds-hardware-info-processors-memory-storage-etc

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel