Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bro,wanna try make build again?coz since you are stop there no update from other unofficial build ...

Very likely they won't be.. , but as for my still await some branches though jayfoxrox might got around to a Test GS since most video core is updated.

For a strange reasons I can't build this citra by using vs15. It gives me too many errors:unsure:
https://github.com/Jhno591/citra

Its the same as the release I was just keeping main branch updated, but merges on my citra2 branch .

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

still getting hanged....

:rofl2:

Reactions: Deleted User

Subötaï

Trophies
XP
Country
Its the same as the release I was just keeping main branch updated, but merges on my citra2 branch .
In any case, I can not build it
Btw, did you know that your citra-2 can launch the sc3d?

Attachments

• citra-qt 2017-05-31 18-44-08-69.png
    citra-qt 2017-05-31 18-44-08-69.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 249
Reactions: drwhojan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In any case, I can not build it
Btw, did you know that your citra-2 can launch the sc3d?

Nice one!, glad to see it is might be one of the latest merged branches from lemonbot upwards see the commits.

I think it was merged badly, CBE Tag branches as numbered did not appear to join are show up, in GIT gui here

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hello everyone, I've been way out of the loop.
Last time I browsed this thread it was in Page 91 (around 7 months and half ago), can someone give me a quick summary on what happened since then?
Are the chinese builds still happening? Did Pokemon X/Y's emulation got any better? How about optimizations on Low/Mid Hardware?

Last edited by Lunos,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, I've been way out of the loop.
Last time I browsed this thread it was in Page 91 (around 7 months and half ago), can someone give me a quick summary on what happened since then?
Are the chinese builds still happening? Did Pokemon X/Y's emulation got any better? How about optimizations on Low/Mid Hardware?
1. Chinese Builds stopped by wwylele
2. Pokemon X and Y still have the same error. Only difference is that it can run 60FPS.
3. Some unofficial builds give better optimization for med hardware. I can play Sun and Moon on 30FPS(50%) which is my highest framerate on the overworld.

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
1. Chinese Builds stopped by wwylele
2. Pokemon X and Y still have the same error. Only difference is that it can run 60FPS.
3. Some unofficial builds give better optimization for med hardware. I can play Sun and Moon on 30FPS(50%) which is my highest framerate on the overworld.
By "the same error" you mean the freezes, right? ... truly a shame that after all this time it still wasn't fixed..
I guess the chinese builds getting killed off was a matter of time but is yet another sad thing to hear.
Thanks for the information dude.

It's kinda pointless considering the hardware I'm bound to but I'll browse the last pages of the thread anyways and see which is the latest unofficial build to check if it runs any better than the last one that I've tried which was the Chinese Build released the 24th of September from the last year.

EDIT: Tried Pokémon Rutile Ruby with drwhojan's last build and here's the results:
20FPS on the intro, 30FPS inside the truck, 15-17FPS in Littleroot Town, 23-25FPS inside the main floor of Brendan's house, 30FPS in the upper floor, 19-20FPS in Route 101, 5-6FPS inside Professor Birch's portfolio (holy cow, that scene runs and looks awful, geez..) and 10-15FPS in battle. Little poor Mobile Celeron couldn't do more.
CPU Utilization never passed from 55% though, so there's that.

Last edited by Lunos,

Adelbulba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well its new thread for discussion about unofficial or chinese builds citra 3ds emulator.

EDIT by Mod Staff: Please don't link to any videos which contain any illegal files (shared_font.bin, NAND dumps, ROMs, etc) as they'll be removed and whoever posts them will be warned/suspended. Thanks.

Moderators not allowed post any links to download unoficcial builds so, please guys don t make troubles AND PLEASE not ask me give you chinese or other unofficial builds.

My tests chinese build on some games. I delete all links to download the build so videos its just demonstration how build work.

Kortest Build

Chinese build - 2016-06-07

Chinese build - 2016-06-13

Chinese build - 2016-06-29

Chinese jit build - 2016-09-08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbQtbVnX27s

Can anyone give me the build by messaging me on Messenger, I really want to try this ! OK, if u can't give link on this forum, give it on messenger please !!!!!! My account : <a herf = "www.facebook.com/adityarup.laha">here</a> .

Last edited by Adelbulba,

Raizane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Very likely they won't be.. , but as for my still await some branches though jayfoxrox might got around to a Test GS since most video core is updated.

:rofl2:
Ok... Thanks

Reactions: drwhojan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For a strange reasons I can't build this citra by using vs15. It gives me too many errors:unsure:
https://github.com/Jhno591/citra

Might be the old boot can not find, I used the older code in CMakeLists.txt change
Code:
find_package(Boost 1.63.0 QUIET)
if (NOT Boost_FOUND)
message(STATUS "Boost 1.63.0 or newer not found, falling back to externals")
set(BOOST_ROOT "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/externals/boost")
set(Boost_NO_SYSTEM_PATHS OFF)
find_package(Boost QUIET REQUIRED)
endif()

to old code, with edit 1.57.0 to 1.63.0
Code:
if (NOT Boost_FOUND)
set(Boost_INCLUDE_DIR "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/externals/boost")
endif()
include_directories(${Boost_INCLUDE_DIR})

Re-cmake then it found the boost files, and msvc2017 compiled fine .

Issue was its looking for the full boost package and what a wopper of a size that is, rather then the shot cut one - https://github.com/citra-emu/ext-boost

Still think https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/commit/a4f88c7d7c94107df6bfada31617ff553bb5e89e

need a small fix, @wwylele you think you could mention it ^ ?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-262#post-7354575

Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: matif
D

Deleted User

Might be the old boot can not find, I used the older code in CMakeLists.txt change
Code:
if (NOT Boost_FOUND)
set(BOOST_ROOT "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/externals/boost")
set(Boost_NO_SYSTEM_PATHS OFF)
find_package(Boost QUIET REQUIRED)
endif()

to old code, with edit 1.57.0 to 1.63.0
Code:
if (NOT Boost_FOUND)
set(Boost_INCLUDE_DIR "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/externals/boost")
endif()
include_directories(${Boost_INCLUDE_DIR})

Re-cmake then it found the boost files, and msvc2017 compiled fine .

Issue was its looking for the full boost package and what a wopper of a size that is, rather then the shot cut one - https://github.com/citra-emu/ext-boost

Still think https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/commit/a4f88c7d7c94107df6bfada31617ff553bb5e89e

need a small fix, @wwylele you think you could mention it ^ ?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-262#post-7354575
That commit works fine, whats your point? ext-boost has 1.63.0. Update your submodules and flush your caches.

And you still don't get it - you merged that pull request without even knowing what it does. It was no speed hack, nor was it any new features. It was to make the CMake configuration neater, that's all.

Reactions: matif

Adelbulba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
well, any possibility for Citra on Android ? I tried but my pc went haywire. Looks like dynarmic doesn't work on Android

matif

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Last edited by matif,
Reactions: Subötaï

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That commit works fine, whats your point? ext-boost has 1.63.0. Update your submodules and flush your caches.

And you still don't get it - you merged that pull request without even knowing what it does. It was no speed hack, nor was it any new features. It was to make the CMake configuration neater, that's all.

The commit is already merged to the new build, with me it was not finding D:\CitraBuild\externals\ext-boost <- as in the 1.63.0
and loops back to, Boost_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND , even start from a clear cadge .
Image.jpg

The rest is fine, however adding in the Older Code to the CMakelist.txt .

I know its not a speed hack, and just updating on how the cmake is done.

But only way to speed up the Video footage speed by 50% + more in most games, then
src\core\arm\dynarmic\arm_dynarmic.cpp change AddTicks(ticks_executed); to AddTicks(4000); , are about right speed 2400 , is not a hack way.
This will not speed up game play by any means .
---------
EDIT fixed just add include_directories(${Boost_INCLUDE_DIR}) after the end of endif()

Last edited by drwhojan,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
https://github.com/Kloen/citra-android
There was a plan and just start again since May 27, 2017, but it is not available yet.
But what that person point out that he want a working emulator. Kloen was working on this since 2015. But none of it succeed. I'm glad that he's working on it. But we better wait for a nightly build than hyping for this link.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

matif

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
But what that person point out that he want a working emulator. Kloen was working on this since 2015. But none of it succeed. I'm glad that he's working on it. But we better wait for a nightly build than hyping for this link.
Of course, but what my point is there is not no plan of android as you said, and because of you said no, I need a link to proof. I think we don't like wrong information.

Last edited by matif,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Of course, but what my point is there is not no plan of android as you said, and because of you said no, I need a link to proof. I think we don't like wrong information.
Yeah. But it's nice to wait.
I mean, I've been waiting for a 3DS Emulator since 2012 and I can do other stuff than waiting for the emulator to be finished.
*sigh
RIP 3DS.

If you don't know, my 3DS got banned by Nintendo.
I can still dump stuffs. But I can't get stuffs online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts