Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Julio Sotomayor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sup peeps. what is the last citra build (any build, just most recent) that supported frame_skip? AFAIK it's a sept 24, 2016 unofficial build (qt-no-gs-no-blah-blah-blah).

In terms of raw, sheer speed nothing so far beats the Mingw build dated 18-04-2017 (although my cpu doesn't support either sse4 nor avx, so i speak only for myself).

Some sort of build with Mingw-quality speed, even a bit less, BUT with addition of frame_skip would be GLORIOUS. would make almost any game playable.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sup peeps. what is the last citra build (any build, just most recent) that supported frame_skip? AFAIK it's a sept 24, 2016 unofficial build (qt-no-gs-no-blah-blah-blah).
In terms of raw, sheer speed nothing so far beats the Mingw build dated 18-04-2017 (although my cpu doesn't support either sse4 nor avx, so i speak only for myself).
Some sort of build with Mingw-quality speed, even a bit less, BUT with addition of frame_skip would be GLORIOUS. would make almost any game playable.

Complete and utter F up one - https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/compare/master...FernandoS27:autoskip
But its that bad its not worth using.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by drwhojan,

Julio Sotomayor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
drwhojan: thanks so much for the reply, i'm building what you linked right now. i'll give it a try.

hey, would you be kind enough to answer me this question? when i've been trying to edit some citra save games and sometimes it works and sometimes not. why when i hex edit a save game (this case, 3ds ver. of elminage: gothic game) the emulator never recognizes the file? In some games it works, but in most it doesn't.

i know exactly how to hex edit that game's saves since they're identical to the PC version of the same game but it just never works. i've googled but all i get are threads/posts about specific-game save editors that people have made, but i've yet to come across a clear answer as to what/how.

warweeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sadly not, all the citra source codes are fixed in the fps habit, unless a newer update happens in its core.
Only fps I can boost is in the video rendering only , AddTicks(ticks_executed); -> AddTicks(2100) , Nice balance nor too fast are slow about was 50% speed gone to 100% speed are little over, but that's just a Hack way, with frame limiter grate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Got some of this done just ArchiveFactory_RomFS change too
ArchiveFactory_SelfNCCH

Just looking where to replace, AES::AesContext ac) : aes_context(ac) {

how do i do that "addticks" thing?
Is it for compile only or is it a setting?

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyway this will be the end of Citra compiling from my end, I'm sure others will merge and compile files 4 u guys.
And good luck with that!.

No think really more to be done, and getting little boring other things too do.

Signing off.

NiagA

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyway this will be the end of Citra compiling from my end, I'm sure others will merge and compile files 4 u guys.

Signing off.

It's very sad to hear this, your merged compilations have always been the best for me:(, but I understand your reasons and thanks for all @drwhojan.:bow:

matif

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan

Signing off.
I don't understand your English, but really thanks for everything you did.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand your English, but really thanks for everything you did.
Lemme rearrange it for you:
"Anyways, this will be the end of Citra compilation. I'm sure other will merge and compile files 4 u guys.
And good luck with that.

Nothing really more to be done and getting little boring other things to do
Signing off."

Reactions: drwhojan and matif

Raizane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Signing off.

Thank's for everything you doing good joob... Hope next build from someone is getting better ... ☺☺☺:grog::grog::grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: