Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@drwhojan: You seem to have caused a massive GPL violation by removing your source repo prior to the 3 year period you have to provide the source access for.
You should communicate where to get the source code now.
I'm not asking to troll but because I want to get access to the latest source code of your builds as I'm working on a custom build for playing myself.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@drwhojan: You seem to have caused a massive GPL violation by removing your source repo prior to the 3 year period you have to provide the source access for.
I'm not asking to troll but because I want to get access to the latest source code of your builds as I'm working on a custom build for playing myself.

easy replaced, but need wwyleles branches - https://github.com/Jhno591/citra

but is becoming un-merge able with other branches once again..
maybe a way to cleaning it up are some think ...

Last edited by drwhojan,

Marcus_ms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
well I am not finding gccku bleeding edge build 14-12
can anyone show me that page where the link is?
Their is no 14-12 build and stop asking for build .Just see the official page if something new is added or not . if added then you can download the build from their .

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: zherot

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Citra-GCCKU-14.12.2016
<more GPL fun>
Added Stereoscopic 3D / 3D-fun
----------
But new BE90 are main citra might be better now as for speed.

You can't just link to your most recent master from the README for the source code. Always tag a specific revision or something. Especially if you keep force pushing or extending your branches. That's like saying: "Check our contract we've signed on 01.01.2016" and then handing over a paper which literally has everything striked through, a "19.01.2016" date and a ton of shit scribbled all over it. where it's literally impossible to see what the intention of the contract was and which version was originally signed.
Have some common sense.

If you release a binary you have to provide the source for it and it must be reachable for 3 years.
That means you can't just delete your repo (without forwarding or informing users about the new way to get the source) or change your repos history (as old source code will be lost or impossible to find).

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country

Ohhh id love to try it :-D . I bet that would be a great custom build!.

Reactions: drwhojan

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Resident of Zelda - Ocarina of Evil 3D bootable on Citra (not really...)

Attachments

• citra_s02.jpg
    citra_s02.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 208

Marya

Trophies
XP
Country
I was trying out Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning (known for its keyboard not implemented glitch) on GCCKU build and when the part (where the glitch is supposed to occur) it says to enter a English letter or number (I enter some letters just to test) and later, it says some errors like PANIC, Emulated Program Execution and so on.
Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
EDIT: Tested this change on other game, it just default changes the name to Citra.

Last edited by Marya,

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's been awhile, how is Citra progressing now? I noticed gdmk or whatever it's called hasn't had a release in a couple of weeks but I might be looking in the wrong place.
Are we at a point where the main Citra is the one to use now or is there still a pretty reliable unofficial build?

Also I skimmed back through the thread and saw that shutdown business. That's like tricking someone into thinking they just watched their dog get run over by a car because they happened to leave the backdoor open in a hurry.
But then revealed later it wasn't actually their dog and nothing was actually harmed.
As a somewhat "sensible" person on the outside looking in at this. I feel like there has got to be less psychologically worrisome ways to teach people lessons about build safety, but hey that's just me.

Last edited by xiraiya,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc