only last codes are remaining

Captain_V0rt3x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
@drwhojan

I've been following citra since its early stages, but as i don't know coding, I've always been on sidelines.
The recent developments in both official and unofficial builds is amazing !!!
I have been trying out all the recent builds on this thread and for me, dampih 24/11 build is working great for S/M. The fps are low but playable.
Only thing is its crashing every 30 min.
As for ORAS or XY, no build works for me.
(These still exist : ORAS petalburg woods bug, XY intro bug, XY starter select bug etc.)
The recent chinese build didn't fix outlines for me in ORAS. Maybe i'm doing something wrong !!
Can u suggest which builds i can try out next ?

Warfear

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using "citra.edge-0.1.71-full" with "citra-qt-gcc-with-gs" ( limitframe actived ) And is nice fps, is more stable and sometimes use the audio and its good. 45-60 FPS .

Depends on the zone!

Sky*dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
here's my humble guide to get the most of citra on your pc i'm getting about 40-60 fps on s/m with no problems
1 you need a good pc (obviously) i have core i7 2.40 and 8gb ram and gt-635m 2gb
2 run citra and don't do anything yet go to task manager (i'm using process hacker) look for citra and right click go to priority set to real time
3 go to your anti-virus and set it to gamer/silent mode ( i have eset 10)
4 if you're using laptop make sure to plug-it and choose high performance mode
5 (optional) go to citra and then check v-sync and limit framerate i know it's weird to set them both but by doing that i've managed to get a constant 60fps in closed areas and 50 in overworld and 60 in battles with almost no freezes(note i still get the freezes but after doing this its very rare now) still you need to save often to not lose your progress
note: this is still very dependent on your citra build since some builds are fast and some are not
hope i helped :)

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
2 run citra and don't do anything yet go to task manager (i'm using process hacker) look for citra and right click go to priority set to real time

Seriously don't do that keep your system clean and don't have a lot of crap,viruses,torrent shit, bloat and adware and whatever else (you wouldn't believe the crap i saw running on PCs i had to fix for friends/family....) running in the background which take away
CPU time or memory for nothing.

Sky*dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Seriously don't do that keep your system clean and don't have a lot of crap,viruses,torrent shit, bloat and adware and whatever else (you wouldn't believe the crap i saw running on PCs i had to fix for friends/family....) running in the background which take away
CPU time or memory for nothing.
if you're talking about process hacker it's an advanced task manager not an adware or whatever your pointing at here and like i said you're free not to you use it if you want just make sure to set citra to real time to make your cpu give citra more speed this step is also normal and used by all gamers in the world to run beefy games

WolfyxMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
if you're talking about process hacker it's an advanced task manager not an adware or whatever your pointing at here and like i said you're free not to you use it if you want just make sure to set citra to real time to make your cpu give citra more speed this step is also normal and used by all gamers in the world to run beefy games

Actually you are wrong

Giving a process a higher priority won't make it go faster. Your programs will never use more CPU time than they need.

It just means that if you have two processes that both want CPU time, the one with a higher priority will get it.

So, if for example, you're doing some background task that might take a while, and it's making a game stutter, you can lower the priority for the background task (or raise the one for the game, though that might interrupt other things you might want going on) to stop the stuttering.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually you are wrong

Giving a process a higher priority won't make it go faster. Your programs will never use more CPU time than they need.

It just means that if you have two processes that both want CPU time, the one with a higher priority will get it.

So, if for example, you're doing some background task that might take a while, and it's making a game stutter, you can lower the priority for the background task (or raise the one for the game, though that might interrupt other things you might want going on) to stop the stuttering.

None of his programs should run above high/normal anyway the fact that this helps for him is a pretty good sign his laptop is allrdy invested with a lot of shit taking away resources for nothing or worse:)

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just update some news in case you guys addict too much to gdmk to be aware of official builds.

Most of the "new fixes and enhancements" it includes are already merged in the official build, or will be merged in a few days. For details:

• Pokemon outline fix - already in the master branch, the official build
  • system_mode branch, which allows to run home menu - ditto, already in the master branch
  • ticks_executed branch - ditto
  • CPU JIT fixes - will be in official build soon
  • texFiltering - well, this is probably gdmk's works, but since he doesn't release the source, I really don't know how good or bad it is. btw I(!) have already received several series bug report from this enhancement. https://github.com/j-selby/citra/tree/texFiltering
  • gs, controller, and so on, these old friends have been in the bleeding edge build for ages.
So, as you can see, some branches that is marked as "additional feature" in gdmk build are actually in the master branch = gdmk build is behind the official build at many points -> why do you guys still love it so much?

@wwylele

get this one added to the main citra for mingw building, I did two build one crashed when loading a game, and worked after adding this and a rebuild in mingw
https://github.com/emmauss/citra/pull/306

Last edited by drwhojan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)