Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone has the lines fix patch for pokemon moon?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-102#post-6811815

https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-103#post-6814984

Now i'll have to do it for sun, not on own pc at moment.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

does this work for sun and moon
most citra build's work for both, and if save errors at start use a pre save file mostly fixes it.

Last edited by drwhojan,

ileikoranges

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your old cpu is haswell, you will get minor gains.

I run i7 at 3.9 still slow.
yes the old one is haswell and new one is going to be skylake

also i will have a msi rx 480 replacing the intel hd 4400, will i see a boost in performance when i make the citra window full screen?

Last edited by ileikoranges,

Sky*dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Reactions: drwhojan

baller4eva14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, kind of new to Citra here. I've got the official build, but what I want to know is, what's the difference between the offical and the unofficail? Is it more reliable? If so, which unofficial build is the most stable?

WolfyxMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys, kind of new to Citra here. I've got the official build, but what I want to know is, what's the difference between the offical and the unofficail? Is it more reliable? If so, which unofficial build is the most stable?

If u are planning to play pokemon games i have tested both latest official bleeding edge of citra and the unofficial 24-09 citra build in pokemon oras and sun and moon and i can tell u that 24-09 unofficial build gets higher fps

cadaguti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I don't know if this as been said before, but I think I know the reason Pokémon X&Y freeces when you get your Pokémon, when you enter Pokémon world, you get an item, your Pokémon Levels Up...

If you think about Pokémon ORAS, when audio was not implemented, these games had similar problems, like freecing when entering Pokémon World.

At the momment, some versions of citra have audio effects when playing Pokémon X&Y, but none has main sound, like background music and fanfares (sounds which play when you get an item, a pokémon levels up, you get a Pokémon...) and if you pay attention when playing, the game freeces, for example, in the exact momment where the leveling up or get item fanfare should sound.

For interested developers, I think when the audio pipe3 is completed and these games play all music, this problems would be almost solved.

I know many things about citra code and programming in general, but I don't own a 3DS. Although seems there's no information regarding 3DS DSP, I'm trying to complete the audio pipe3, but because of that, I've done almost nothing.

I would be glad to help anyone interested on that, so if anyone has information about 3DS audio system or wants to try, I think I can help.

By the way, sorry for my bad english, I'm Spanish...

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I don't know if this as been said before, but I think I know the reason Pokémon X&Y freeces when you get your Pokémon, when you enter Pokémon world, you get an item, your Pokémon Levels Up...

If you think about Pokémon ORAS, when audio was not implemented, these games had similar problems, like freecing when entering Pokémon World.

At the momment, some versions of citra have audio effects when playing Pokémon X&Y, but none has main sound, like background music and fanfares (sounds which play when you get an item, a pokémon levels up, you get a Pokémon...) and if you pay attention when playing, the game freeces, for example, in the exact momment where the leveling up or get item fanfare should sound.

For interested developers, I think when the audio pipe3 is completed and these games play all music, this problems would be almost solved.

I know many things about citra code and programming in general, but I don't own a 3DS. Although seems there's no information regarding 3DS DSP, I'm trying to complete the audio pipe3, but because of that, I've done almost nothing.

I would be glad to help anyone interested on that, so if anyone has information about 3DS audio system or wants to try, I think I can help.

By the way, sorry for my bad english, I'm Spanish...

Wow.. that's actually an interesting theory. So, do you think these "fanfares" are responsible [the trigger] for leveling up? If so, why doesn't the same problem happen in Sun and Moon and OrAs?

cadaguti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because in OR/AS & S/M, these fanfares are played. It's only in X/Y where music & fanfares are missing because of incomplete audio core.

KeshavTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
How to fix the outlines for Pokémon Sun?
I'm using a modified 24-9 Build, On my low end laptop, it is giving me a sweet 40 fps in overworld!

Btw, till which point the game is playable currently on citra?

ileikoranges

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a modified 24-9 Build, On my low end laptop, it is giving me a sweet 40 fps in overworld!

Does the fps degrade after a while of playing and do you have to restart citra to regain initial fps?

Ashish065

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Can you please share the build please. I also have a low end pc

Finally i'm proud of tell you that i have a build of citra that runs (for my low-end pc) games at least 45 fps!
Please share the build...Same low end pc here....

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you please share the build please. I also have a low end pc

Please share the build...Same low end pc here....
First off, the link of the build is illegal because it contains Home Folder. Just Google Search it.
Second, the Bleeding Edge is the other build that has less issues than the 24-9(September 24) build. So it's better to get the Bleeding Edge build to do so.

I think I know why I have haters from India. I didn't give them links to the unofficial builds. :P

You can finish the game with no crashes on any Citra Builds. But it will have framerate drop.
Oh BTW, I'm using my College's computer and the specs are amazing! I got 30-60FPS in Sun and Moon! So beefy! No crashes! I could finish the game in just 12-16 hours(normal playthrough). But I can't record it since I'm not allowed to install Bandicam or any recorder on the computer.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY