Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. Need sse 4 for better fps. AVX not fastes than sse 4.

Why do you say AVX is not the fastest? Is it due to the way Citra is coded? Because it's newer technology and has more optimization with some new functions. PCSX2 works much faster with the AVX plugin than the SSE4.1. BTW, AVX works faster for me in both emulators...

Last edited by el_gonz87,

masaki88

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Why do you say AVX is not the fastest? Is it due to the way Citra is coded? Because it's newer technology and has more optimization with some new functions. PCSX2 works much faster with the AVX plugin than the SSE4.1. BTW, AVX works faster for me in both emulators...
Because chinese builds use sse and for me is faster than on avx. Even on olders chinese builds i test avx exe and its slow than sse 4.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because chinese builds use sse and for me is faster than on avx. Even on olders chinese builds i test avx exe and its slow than sse 4.

Hmm they must do something with the code, because I tested @drwhojan AVX build which worked pretty fast. I wonder if they don't merge some PRs which make use of some AVX functions.

Reactions: drwhojan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fixed 3D in Side-By-Side usage
https://github.com/Jhno591/citra/commit/a8e2b930de6157f3af14a709e9aebe6c410f0a9e

citra replacement file for last build -
http://www105.zippyshare.com/v/yAPQNm2T/file.html

9eiV4tE.jpg

/ 1.0f; makes it the correct size screen's, but pushes both screens to the Right, just one out of range...

issue with 2.0f; and 2.0f +1,
Same apply's to bottom screen

Ok balance so far =

Any thoughts ?
Code:
case EmuWindow::StereoscopicMode::SideBySide:
float l = (float)layout.top_screen.left / 1.5f;
float w = (float)layout.top_screen.GetWidth() / 1.5f;
DrawSingleScreenRotated(screen_infos[0], l,
(float)layout.top_screen.top, w,
(float)layout.top_screen.GetHeight(), true, false);
DrawSingleScreenRotated(screen_infos[1], l,
(float)layout.top_screen.GetHeight(), false, true);
DrawSingleScreenRotated(screen_infos[1], (float)layout.width / 3.0f + l,
(float)layout.top_screen.GetHeight(), true, false);
DrawSingleScreenRotated(screen_infos[0], (float)layout.width / 3.0f + l,
(float)layout.top_screen.GetHeight(), false, true);

Last edited by drwhojan,

an-error

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Using that AVX build, I got 60FPS and over on almost every game in my 3DS ROMs folder :3
Just tested it.
Not sure but the 09-24 build still works like a charm.
On the right the AVX build in question, on the left the 09-24 (Each of them played alone, then PSed together :P)

comp.png

legend80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, those chinese builds man, nothing touches them for speed for me. 9-24 is still the fastest by 5-10 fps and I try virtually every build posted here (my new cpu supports AVX2 also). Why is that? What are they doing to those builds????

an-error

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, those chinese builds man, nothing touches them for speed for me. 9-24 is still the fastest by 5-10 fps and I try virtually every build posted here (my new cpu supports AVX2 also). Why is that? What are they doing to those builds????
Glad to see someone who shares the same thought as me. So 09-24 is really the fastest one after all, I guess.

EdwardElric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see someone who shares the same thought as me. So 09-24 is really the fastest one after all, I guess.
While 9-24 is the fastest, I am going to stick with the AVX build due to the fact that Mario Kart 7 is not able to even reach the title screen due to an error saying to power off the system. Also, 9-24 now boots the game Toy Stunt Bike! I tested the game and got solid 60FPS on the menus and in the actual game. Enjoy!

Alexking0615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
someone know if the source code of "citra-qt-gcc-jit-sse3" is available?
i need to add a hotkey to swap screens (i play always with single screen mode) but i cant find the source of that citra build
thanks in advance

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While 9-24 is the fastest, I am going to stick with the AVX build due to the fact that Mario Kart 7 is not able to even reach the title screen due to an error saying to power off the system. Also, 9-24 now boots the game Toy Stunt Bike! I tested the game and got solid 60FPS on the menus and in the actual game. Enjoy!

Just copy override the User folder from the build that works w MK7, When I upload my build I could not include the illegal files that make certain games work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can compile it in AVX2 if needed, but I cannot use it since my CPU don't support axv2

EdwardElric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just copy override the User folder from the build that works w MK7, When I upload my build I could not include the illegal files that make certain games work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can compile it in AVX2 if needed, but I cannot use it since my CPU don't support axv2
Thank you! ^_^

Shfqdcoder

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi. I have 2 laptops that I try to run Citra on it. I am using Chinese build 24-9. This is my laptops specs:

Laptop 1:
- AMD A8 6410 APU
- Radeon R5 M330
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM

Laptop 2:
- Intel X8350 1.44Ghz (quad core)
- Integrated Intel HD 400

I only have Super Mario 3D Land to test and I can't seem to have smooth gameplay. I think I only get sub 20fps pr something. Laptop 1 has slightly more fps but still slow to really enjoy the game.

I set frame skipping to 1 but there's no graphics rendered - only blue screen.

I don't think my first laptop is that slow to handle Citra because I think I've read someone here who can run it smoothly using only integrated graphics. What gives?

EdwardElric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I have 2 laptops that I try to run Citra on it. I am using Chinese build 24-9. This is my laptops specs:

Laptop 1:
- AMD A8 6410 APU
- Radeon R5 M330
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM

Laptop 2:
- Intel X8350 1.44Ghz (quad core)
- Integrated Intel HD 400

I only have Super Mario 3D Land to test and I can't seem to have smooth gameplay. I think I only get sub 20fps pr something. Laptop 1 has slightly more fps but still slow to really enjoy the game.

I set frame skipping to 1 but there's no graphics rendered - only blue screen.

I don't think my first laptop is that slow to handle Citra because I think I've read someone here who can run it smoothly using only integrated graphics. What gives?
Super Mario 3D Land can be very slow on World 1-1 if that is the level you're testing. Levels like 1-2 are much faster ;)

Shfqdcoder

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Super Mario 3D Land can be very slow on World 1-1 if that is the level you're testing. Levels like 1-2 are much faster ;)

Hmm I can actually attest to that.. Also I notice that CPU usage is not fully used by Citra. It is more or less only utilized 50% of it when I open Task Manager. Maybe that's the reason of my poor performance? If it is true then is there anyway I can make Citra use all my available CPU power?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: +1