Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay. Super Mario Maker 3DS is coming tomorrow and the local store called me on my phone to come to the store tomorrow for getting the pre-order. I CAN'T WAIT!

Anyways, moving on to the on-topic:
For those people who are living under a rock, Citra has the Outline Bug fixed since 1.70. Why would you want to remove the outline? I mean, removed outlines makes the performance really slow, not fast.
Example: Hyrule Warriors Legends
With outlines - about 20-35FPS
Without outlines - about 10-20FPS

It's better to not use the no outline cheat or the Forced Filtering Build in other games.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Drwhojohn Btw i think you shouldn't post something like this messed up build again people started making posts on reddit with it with videos like this one:

i saw it on some forums as well this gives people the false impression this is how games run in Citra while this one for example runs way better in normal builds without this constant frameskipping and stuttering.

Last edited by tet666,

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
For those people who are living under a rock, Citra has the Outline Bug fixed since 1.70. Why would you want to remove the outline? I mean, removed outlines makes the performance really slow, not fast.
Example: Hyrule Warriors Legends
With outlines - about 20-35FPS
Without outlines - about 10-20FPS

It's better to not use the no outline cheat or the Forced Filtering Build in other games.
How about disabling the outlines through hex editing the ROM? Because I've seen that its possible and hella easy on Youtube, I'm sure. <-- EDIT: Oh, yeah, it IS possible on Pokémon S/M at least.
Is disabling the outlines with that method bringing up the same performance issues compared to the workaround cheat?

EDIT: @Rayi19, what's the difference if you're still sharing your youtube channel which has said download? lmao.

Last edited by Lunos,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
How about disabling the outlines through hex editing the ROM? Because I've seen that its possible and hella easy on Youtube, I'm sure.
Is disabling the outlines with that method bringing up the same performance issues than the workaround cheat?
Good idea. If someone who can do that and post it illegally.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I made a bad comment.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys I have a new citra with audio improvements I shared it on my channel I would love to post it here but I believe its illegal. :|

*link to no-no content snipped*

It isn't as long as you follow the rules.
the question is where should those audio improvements come from? as far as i know no one is working on the audio core atm.

Last edited by Veho,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Drwhojohn Btw i think you shouldn't post something like this messed up build again people started making posts on reddit with it with videos like this one:

i saw it on some forums as well this gives people the impression this is how games run in Citra while it runs way better in normal builds without this constant frameskipping and stuttering.

It's not frame skipping, it just + - the gpu a bit, games can go either way slower are faster depending on each build.

Although I should use new final frame limiter for 30fps games are 60fps
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/2223

Anyway got my build in a little pickle, and gonna new little time to resort it.

Last edited by drwhojan,

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Good idea. If someone who can do that and post it illegally.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I made a bad comment.
I can't see how disabling a graphical effect through hex editing would be illegal, compared to using a cheat to achieve the same purpose at least, to be honest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ