Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

xiraiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well that's nvidia
Citra & Pokemon doesn't even run reliably at fulls peed on a i7 4790k 4ghz processor with 16GB Ram and a 970 GTX. (It's generally still pretty playable though if sound is turned off so you don't have to hear awful slow-mo sound)

So I can't imagine what it's like on weaker PCs.

Last edited by xiraiya,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please open a new topic, about emulation/speed/ and hardware ? ^^^^^^, thanks, its cloging the thread..
--------------
I know it may need more work but nice one wwylele :)
auto-select region and language
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/2240

-------

any other repo's then merrymage for audio ?

Last edited by drwhojan,

Yandere-chan

The One and Only
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp. Since Mario Maker got leaked(just only the preload and not the actual rom itself), I decided to make my own thoughts of the intro screen itself.
Take note that I added fake to the picture because it's definitely fake and I made it.
FLB3uWy.png

Edited picture of the Wii U Mario Maker. Sorry for the blur. :P
I expect that Mario Maker uses Mii because you need Mii to share levels to other people like Swap Note.

==========================================================================================

BTW. Has anyone manage to surpass the Pokemon League? I can help you make it to the post game by sending your save files to me.
Just PM me for your save files.
Here's the boot up from the 3DS version. Enjoy :P (footage not from Citra)

Last edited by Yandere-chan,

zherot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Citra & Pokemon doesn't even run reliably at full

s peed on a i7 4790k 4ghz processor with 16GB Ram and a 970 GTX. (It's generally still pretty playable though if sound is turned off so you don't have to hear awful slow-mo sound)

So I can't imagine what it's like on weaker PCs.

Have a similar pc but i have a i7-4770k and yeah, i don't care about pokemon all i want is to play DQ VII, and like you say it's "playable" but the fucking music is killing it for me, like i can't wait for a different plug in or whatever that makes music don't go slowdown with the game...

Problem is i think the emulator is only using 1 core of our cpu's and that sucks ass.

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the point in having like a daily release if nothing is improved.
plenty of changes are happening. Just because you don't notice them doesn't mean there isn't new stuff. Not every improvement affects the games you play.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have a similar pc but i have a i7-4770k and yeah, i don't care about pokemon all i want is to play DQ VII, and like you say it's "playable" but the fucking music is killing it for me, like i can't wait for a different plug in or whatever that makes music don't go slowdown with the game...

Problem is i think the emulator is only using 1 core of our cpu's and that sucks ass.
music in emulation doesn't work like that. you can't just untie sound from the games fps.

also multicore emulation is a very difficult task. don't expect that any time soon as we hardly know whats supposed to run on each core and how they interact with each other.

zherot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
The improvements are mostly subtle and not blatantly obvious. It's not only when the emulator runs faster that it'll count as an improvement. Stability comes first.

Tried again the Messed up build and it is significantly faster right now than the "normal" builds problem is the fps variate a lot lol so it stills sttuters the music and stuff because sometimes it jumps as fast as 80 fps and then goes down from that and shit, lol.
-snip-

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed ranting -rp

NiagA

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Drwhojan you could compile a citra version for pokémon without the black lines and the outline of the characters correctly as in this photo without the need to use cheats for this.
Capturar.JPG

Last edited by NiagA,

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@LG_

I appreciate what you're doing here, but you have to understand that here in GBAtemp we have some "sponge" threads which are kept open on purpose to try to attract all the crap somewhere, even if we know that they're cesspools. If we're gonna close this one, you're going to see people all over the forum asking about illegal Citra builds and sharing them. At least here we have a few good users like you and the rest of the usual posters which know what is allowed and what's not and as such will then report the spurious posts. Makes it WAY easier to keep things under control.

Quite obviously the best idea would be to create a new thread and have someone actively update the first post, that would be excellent, but it's an huge requirement to ask of people and I don't want to force anyone to volunteer for it.

@zherot
If I see you flaming just one more time in this thread, I'm going to block you from posting in here. Cheers, matey.

Yandere-chan

The One and Only
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@LG_

I appreciate what you're doing here, but you have to understand that here in GBAtemp we have some "sponge" threads which are kept open on purpose to try to attract all the crap somewhere, even if we know that they're cesspools. If we're gonna close this one, you're going to see people all over the forum asking about illegal Citra builds and sharing them. At least here we have a few good users like you and the rest of the usual posters which know what is allowed and what's not and as such will then report the spurious posts. Makes it WAY easier to keep things under control.

Quite obviously the best idea would be to create a new thread and have someone actively update the first post, that would be excellent, but it's an huge requirement to ask of people and I don't want to force anyone to volunteer for it.

@zherot
If I see you flaming just one more time in this thread, I'm going to block you from posting in here. Cheers, matey.
Thank you!

Reactions: drwhojan and LG_

zherot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
@LG_

@zherot

Did you even read?, i didn't started anything how about you also give some warning to the people that start actually attacking people i only defended myself. People is very sensitive and think everyone is attacking them just by commenting something in here.

Last edited by zherot,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT