Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AES branch can run 0 key re-encrypted games ^^^ , so it was a good one to keep after all be for it was removed.

Right.. So don't fucking re-encrypt them?!

That's like saying: Citra should be patched, so when it loads a rom it will change any occurence of "drwhojan-is-an-idiot" in the ROM to "Nintendo"!!!!
It makes my games work which I've manually modified where I replaced any occurence of "Nintendo" by "drwhojan-is-an-idiot".

If you dump your games properly they won't be re-encrypted and you don't need these awkward and quite frankly, absolutely stupid, workarounds.
Let's just leave the AES crypto stuff out of builds / repos for now because this will only result in trouble again.

Unless you can buy zero encrypted games in a store, there is no point in adding it. And you'll likely not find any games like that. Even if you did, for the sake of standardization you could still load them decrypted.

Last edited by JayFoxRox,

Xeron21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Majora's Mask is fully playable! I can say it since I beat it today :) I don't know whether you still gather the statistics. Even if you don't I leave it here anyway.

Little help please :) For me Majora Mask freeze when I try to start a New Game. Is there any solution for this bug?

And is there will be soon filters (like xBRZ) available for Citra in Bleeding Edge version?

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have an issue concerning the entry of names.
Sometimes Citra opens the console in which I have to type a name (e.g. in Zelda: Tri Force Heroes).
However if I type a name, it is ignored and 'Citra' is used instead.

Emogop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Little help please :) For me Majora Mask freeze when I try to start a New Game. Is there any solution for this bug?
You need to get a save file from your console. But that's the only issue with this game and you won't meet any other throughout your playing.
And by the way, it should've been fixed with one of the recent pull request but it turned out to be more complicated.

Last edited by Emogop,

ww97

Wajiro
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
this is 3ds format game....then which game can run in citra?....i download mario 3d world and this game work good in new 3ds xl...whay i can not run in citra?how i know which game not encrypted?

You mean 3D Land? I told you, be aware of your comment...

Anyway, .cia format is supported on the actual 3ds and .3ds rom (if decrypted) is for Citra. But you run .3ds rom in the actual 3ds... a bit weirdo.
and for finding decrypted rom, google it. (<name of the rom> decrypted) I can't tell you which site, since it's illegal. There is also a decryption method, but it's too complex.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

More checkings on Citra B.E. 0.81:

Both two 3DS Mario vs. DK (Minis on the Move and Tipping Stars) have issues on citra. In Minis on the Move, the texts of menu buttons are not shown (buttons are like empty banners), and in Tipping Stars, also the buttons aren't shown! Just black holes!

Last edited by ww97,

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No it's not already merged. We had a change to the shader JIT and the vertex shader result cache lately.
If GS would have been included it would have broken the shader JIT (due to incompatibilities with my old code and the new code). The conflicts were not occuring at compile-time, but only at runtime. So it would have produced a non-functional bleeding-edge build.

I've already rebased my work but chances are it will still horribly crash in some games etc. It will probably be re-enabled soon.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No it's not already merged. We had a change to the shader JIT and the vertex shader result cache lately.
If GS would have been included it would have broken the shader JIT (due to incompatibilities with my old code and the new code). The conflicts were not occuring at compile-time, but only at runtime. So it would have produced a non-functional bleeding-edge build.

I've already rebased my work but chances are it will still horribly crash in some games etc. It will probably be re-enabled soon.

Great thx for the explanation.

Emogop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Luigi's Mansion 2 is booting again on the latest BE build. But what the heck with this game? I know Citra is in early development and all that... but man, 3-5 FPS? Doesn't JIT not working with it at all?

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Through a lot of tests tell me if want to run well Tekken3D then don't merge that GS.
The code is being reworked, don't worry about it. It will only be merged on master builds when all (at least most of them) conflicts are solved

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1