Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

D

Deleted User

A whole bunch of errors, as in red text errors.
I forgot to mention that the games (or Robobot I should say. I don't even have the Fates rom anymore.) run with audio and accept input. The display is the issue.
Untitled.png

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try running another game which has been confirmed working like Zelda OoT to figure out if this is an issue with your setup or Citra please.
The red error you've shown is not important.

If OoT works but other games do not it's probably a problem with Citra and it will be fixed in the future.
If OoT doesn't work either it's a problem with your setup (check the log for "GL" errors).

D

Deleted User

Try running another game which has been confirmed working like Zelda OoT to figure out if this is an issue with your setup or Citra please.
The red error you've shown is not important.

If OoT works but other games do not it's probably a problem with Citra and it will be fixed in the future.
If OoT doesn't work either it's a problem with your setup (check the log for "GL" errors).
Same issue with OOT, and there are messages regarding OpenGL.
Citra OOT.png
OOT Citra log.png

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe a stupid idea: But to support the project, maybe it makes sense to add a savestate feature.
In this case problematic situations can be saved and uploaded to a repository like github (with an according description like issue and system specs).
So the developers can use the savestates to reproduce the issue on their side. This would speed up the debugging.
Also for testing purposes this would be beneficial.

What do you think, guys?

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Same issue with OOT, and there are messages regarding OpenGL.View attachment 62983 View attachment 62984

The log is not complete enough. However, I recommend taking this to the official Citra support forum or the Citra discord channel (#support). Looks like a graphics driver issue or background programming messing with Citra memory to me.

Maybe a stupid idea: But to support the project, maybe it makes sense to add a savestate feature.
In this case problematic situations can be saved and uploaded to a repository like github (with an according description like issue and system specs).
So the developers can use the savestates to reproduce the issue on their side. This would speed up the debugging.
Also for testing purposes this would be beneficial.

What do you think, guys?

Yes - we are very much aware of that. But adding savestates is not exactly easy..
I guess it will happen soon though, now that we have working JIT + CRO (which already makes testing a lot easier and was one of the largest missing pieces).

Guy, is there any way to play video, audio such as songs after extracting 3ds files?

In Media player

No.. well.. depends on the file format. It's not a Citra question though. Move to another thread..

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes - we are very much aware of that. But adding savestates is not exactly easy..
I guess it will happen soon though, now that we have working JIT + CRO (which already makes testing a lot easier and was one of the largest missing pieces).

True. You have to save the system state.

I am already thinking about that in case of dolphin.
Using savestates and TAS for automated tests.
Creating a build -> load savestate with TAS -> Compare with previous stable build.

Anyway... would be a great approach to improve citra.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Same issue with OOT, and there are messages regarding OpenGL.View attachment 62983 View attachment 62984
Ah! Now I know the problem. You're using CPU that doesn't powered OpenGL or DirectX. I had this problem before during my recording which drops the framerate to 3-5FPS. Try to use GPU power and see if it fix the problem.

For Planet Robobot and FEFates, it seems that there's something wrong with the audio.

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
True. You have to save the system state.

I am already thinking about that in case of dolphin.
Using savestates and TAS for automated tests.
Creating a build -> load savestate with TAS -> Compare with previous stable build.

Anyway... would be a great approach to improve citra.

We are going offtopic.. I've said this before: Dolphin has FIFOCI ( https://fifoci.dolphin-emu.org/about/ - it's a lot more sophisticated than your idea ) which makes this (savestate debugging) mostly redundant (Citra has CiTrace which doesn't work).
Most of the detectable issues are visual - the OS emulation in Dolphin is also mostly fine.
In Citra the situation is similar and we have good debugging features already (which are still improving even).

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is a save file required to play Pokemon? because I can't get it to boot when it's supposed to be able to?
I know this is not a support forum, if you could tell me where I could get assistance, that would be great too, Thanks.

Pokemon X/Y need save file ,ORAS no need save file since it is playable on citra :)

Reactions: Jobenblue

John1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse usa crashes in 3d screen

what's causing the problem?

This is the error that crashes the game, any solutions ?

[ 798.759132] HW.GPU <Critical> video_core\renderer_opengl\gl_shader_gen.cpp:AppendSource:60: Unhandled texture type 2
[ 798.759411] HW.GPU <Critical> video_core\renderer_opengl\gl_shader_gen.cpp:AppendSource:60: Unhandled texture type 2

Last edited by John1234,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you will get answer if you ask in unofficial Chinese Build Gbatemp Thread,since it involved illegal file to let ORAS playable on nightly build ...
*cough cough
Don't get me wrong. But you also need shared_font.bin for the Master Build as well. Just dump it on a 3DS and place it inside the sysdata folder.

Reactions: JayFoxRox

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Another question: Is xinput only available in the chinese build?
I have both versions official and chinese. To be honest I would prefer to switch to the official, but I like to use the 360 controller.
Therefore I am asking, if I can use xinput in the official branch.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another question: Is xinput only available in the chinese build?
I have both versions official and chinese. To be honest I would prefer to switch to the official, but I like to use the 360 controller.
Therefore I am asking, if I can use xinput in the official branch.

yes you can use you're xbox360 controller

here my configuration settings for 360 - download -
http://www116.zippyshare.com/v/5v6cVUkG/file.html

add too the user / config folder

It also added to my new build too -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-64#post-6691957

IgwcRlJ.jpg

Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: papermanzero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp