Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

mcdgray129

Trophies
XP
Country
More like 10000rs according to google for the 2DS.. Also your monetary issues are not our problem - it's yours. Get a job / ask your parents. We are not obligated to write an emulator for you.
- Honestly, I'm furious about people like you.
Pokemon will still be around in a couple of years when the 2DS / 3DS are cheaper and it will still be the same game.
Either it will be supported on Citra then or you can get the real hardware.

For now your only option is to buy a 2DS and get on with your life - or simply don't play it for now.
Entertainment is expensive and emulators are not supposed (or able) to change that.

The greater goal (for me) is preservation of the digital culture and documenting how the hardware works.
In a couple of years (say.. 50?) the hardware will start failing and you won't be able to play Pokemen X, Y etc. - or any other 3DS game for that matter.
- And that's when it's Citras time to shine.
I'd bet a ton of people playing NES / SNES games on emulators have never seen the hardware in person.
It's becoming more and more obscure as consoles are thrown away, ripped apart etc.
And yet you know games like Super Mario in their original release form.
- We need that for consoles like the 3DS, consoles which make up a big deal of our pastime, which will be forgotten otherwise.

You do realize that Citra developer spend hundreds of hours on Citra? The minimum wage for me would be around 10 Euro when getting a job at the Uni which is 745rs. If you multiply that by the numbers of hours I work on Citra per week I could easily have afforded a 2DS if I worked a different job instead.
And it's not only me, there is a number of developers.
The cost of Citra is probably in the millions.
If you want to use Citra now, then learn how to contribute and work on it, however, don't be surprised if it would have been way easier / cheaper to just buy a 2DS.

You (and other people asking for Pokemon and having expectations) are just being a freeloader and it's pissing me off.
It's pissing me off to a point where I do not have interest in contributing anymore until the 2DS / 3DS is less popular.

To add to that, you are most likely not legally allowed to use Citra unless you own a 2DS / 3DS anyway because we still depend on data from the bios / rom.
If you are going to break the law for personal gain you might as well just walk into a store and steal a 2DS.
(There are ways around it and it's allowed in some countries, but just food for thought; it will probably change in a couple of years when Citra is more mature)

JayFoxRox the work you and the other devs have done on Citra is just simply amazing.
The is people like me, and many many more that appreciate everything that you do for the citra emu
we might not say as much as the laud mouths who beg for pokemon but we are here with you.
I really do hope that you see the work that you do brings joy to millions of people like me,
and i really do hope that you wont let the bad apples turn you away.

DaedheldirPR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all Im new to citra and i been trying to get it working but i am getting this crash uppon starting any 3ds game. Any help? and thanks! :D

Crash_zpsqe4eeotv.png

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys do you know if citra support joystick????(because there are not circle pad in keyboard)

Just wait, it's not supported yet.
You can feel free to work on it - it's open source software, everyone can help.
(A config dialog is being worked on though, but as far as I know not for gamepads / joysticks yet)

Hello all Im new to citra and i been trying to get it working but i am getting this crash uppon starting any 3ds game. Any help? and thanks! :D

Nope.. it's not happening on "any game", it just happened on those games you've tried..
Also no support for those who are using pirated games.
- If you use pirated games you will eventually get the attention of people who will be able to reason that Citra is promoting piracy / closing down the project. We do not want that to happen, do we?

Last edited by JayFoxRox,
Reactions: LG_

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why would anyone just run a binary you found somewhere on the internet?
Pokemon has been working in some unofficial flavours of Citra before. Why still bother asking?
It won't be supported officially for a long time and aside from crashing there is not much wrong with it.
- If the crashing is fixed you'll certainly hear about it anyway.

So what do you expect to improve?

Next time somebody brings up Pokemon I'll leave this place.. it's annoying.
I feel sorry for the moderators who clearly decided that this is a lost call anyway.
My post-report count is probably twice the post count. Tons of double, triple and even quadruple posts (luckily merged), links to warez (something I absolutly don't want to be linked to), tons of offtopic talk (WHY?! FFS!) and people randomly linking crap which other users happily run without ever questioning it.
inb4:"your build was a virus and broke my PC!!!111" and "your pokemon emulator did not work despite me entering my parents credit card details!!!?!?1"

I always enjoy talking to users and contributing to discussions, however, this is just a mess of posts about Pokemon and Citra being the gateway to it.
IMHO moderators should also have split the thread by now, but that's another topic (pun intended).

Last edited by JayFoxRox,
Reactions: LG_

Ironclad17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next time somebody brings up Pokemon I'll leave this place.. it's annoying.
I always enjoy talking to users and contributing to discussions, however, this is just a mess of posts about Pokemon and Citra being the gateway to it.

I'd blame the age of the 3DS/Pokemon target demographic. Also live streaming and recording have never been easier. That's greatly incentivized emulation. Just 2-3 years ago you'd at least need to know a little about video encoding, the limits of fraps, or own a capture card, but now there are so many easy alternatives that everyone and their mother does letsplays.

Woow i see fps here more fast. Which is build ? someone can do this build with audio and layouts options?.
I'm pretty sure Kortest's latest build is performing better if not the same as this. You can clearly see a slow down on the 3D scenes and it's a 30 fps video. Also it was uploaded like 9 months ago. They're just plugging their channel which is exactly what I was alluding to.
how can i do this....(The xpadder do not want money??)
Older versions are free and work just fine. You can find plenty of tutorials if you google "Xpadder config".

Last edited by Ironclad17,

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just my two cents:
Citra needs a Home folder structure with some system files.
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Home-Folder

These 5 files are mandatory for many games (new super mario bros 2, Super Mario 3D Land, etc).
The issue is that these 5 files can only be obtained with a real 3DS.
You have to dump you own nand to get these files.
If these files are missing, most games won't work.

I also have a 3DS, but no flash card to dump my files.
But anyway, I am so patient, to wait until citra can properly emulate the nand with the required system files.
Means, also the Pokemon Requesters should stop to annoy everyone and wait until Citra can emulate the stuff properly.

Last edited by papermanzero,

Kortest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Woow i see fps here more fast. Which is build ? someone can do this build with audio and layouts options?.
That's an 8 month old video...
That speed is mainly due a very powerful PC and not caused by the build itself. Current builds definitely run faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii