Last edited by Ambassador,

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Can someone please help me with this emulator? I'm using the latest OS X nightly and it won't run ROMs. Actually, it looks like it isn't even attempting to open them. I can specify a directory with games in, and the emulator can successfully detect that there are 3DS ROMs in that folder, but that's all. When I double-click on the game title absolutely nothing happens, similarly if I try to open the ROM through the "open file" menu again nothing happens. Not even a black screen or anything. The ROM I'm trying to run is Ocarina of Time 3D (NTSC USA .3ds format). This is what I have so far:

Screen Shot 2015-12-06 at 12.54.32.png

Am I using this wrong or something? Here's my hardware setup:
Screen Shot 2015-12-06 at 12.56.35.png

Last edited by NekoMichi,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Trying to build citra from the source, but i have an error in cmake-gui :
CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:36 (project):
Could not find an appropriate version of the Windows 10 SDK installed on
this machine

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

See also "C:/Users/Asia81/Downloads/Compressed/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Trying to build citra from the source, but i have an error in cmake-gui :
CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:36 (project):
Could not find an appropriate version of the Windows 10 SDK installed on
this machine

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

See also "C:/Users/Asia81/Downloads/Compressed/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
Install Windows 10 SDK...

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me with this emulator? I'm using the latest OS X nightly and it won't run ROMs. Actually, it looks like it isn't even attempting to open them. I can specify a directory with games in, and the emulator can successfully detect that there are 3DS ROMs in that folder, but that's all. When I double-click on the game title absolutely nothing happens, similarly if I try to open the ROM through the "open file" menu again nothing happens. Not even a black screen or anything. The ROM I'm trying to run is Ocarina of Time 3D (NTSC USA .3ds format). This is what I have so far:

Am I using this wrong or something? Here's my hardware setup:
It's not unencrypted, so .3ds roms don't work.

mateja99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone explain me why doesn't Pokemon run yet.Is there something different in Pokemon game engine that prevents the game from running at all.I am a huge fan of Pokemon but i also know c++,maybe if someone explained to me,maybe i will be able to do something(not to solve this problem but maybe i'll have some ideas).Thanks in advance

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone explain me why doesn't Pokemon run yet.Is there something different in Pokemon game engine that prevents the game from running at all.I am a huge fan of Pokemon but i also know c++,maybe if someone explained to me,maybe i will be able to do something(not to solve this problem but maybe i'll have some ideas).Thanks in advance
Pokemon, Smash, and several other games use CTR Relocatable Objects, or CROs for short. These are dynamically loaded code segments similar to DLLs. Citra currently does not implement CROs, so these games will fail to boot. Smash Demo actually does boot and can go through all the menu elements (battles crash though), but only because it doesn't use CROs.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My brother really wanted to play the Fire Emblem 3DS games with me before he died. His disease made it so he couldn't use any conventional systems, but he could play many games through emulators on his computer. We were hoping the emulator would be playable in time, but he wasn't lucky enough. He died one month ago.

I'm really glad to see the game is becoming more and more playable. Hopefully other people out there get the chance to enjoy this game, like my brother could have.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did the developers of this emulator mention when they would get around to implementing sound? Their work is phenomenal on the graphical side, however, I think at this point, it's best to get the performance running at best before sound.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the developers of this emulator mention when they would get around to implementing sound? Their work is phenomenal on the graphical side, however, I think at this point, it's best to get the performance running at best before sound.
To be able to emulate sound, they would need to be able to masterfully have the DSP services reverse engineered to an almost perfect state, and we just made a major breakthrough in the research of these services (We literally unlocked it's potentional about 2 months ago!) but I don't believe that it's ready to be publicly be added if they're even working on sound yet.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be able to emulate sound, they would need to be able to masterfully have the DSP services reverse engineered to an almost perfect state, and we just made a major breakthrough in the research of these services but I don't believe that it's ready to be publicly be added if they're even working on sound yet.
Okay, I appreciate the response. Thanks.

Reactions: Psi-hate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Red Bitch Blue Bitch Pumping ain't easy!