Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I left my computer on for a while, then forgot about it. When I came back, I found Citra running OoT 3D, farther than I've let it go before. I really don't know how that video was made, it must've taken forever! Maybe it runs faster on better hardware, but still. It's still amazing how well this game works, if speed wasn't an issue, I'd consider it playable. One thing I noticed, looking past the more noticeable graphics problems, is that it seems quite a bit darker then it should be. It may just be my monitor. I also had a problem where input stopped working, which kinda screwed me. It seems to happen when I switch to something else and then switch back.

Screenshots if you want, I didn't want them taking up a lot of space on the thread when there's already a video ;)
http://i.imgur.com/FTxJcBv.png
http://i.imgur.com/v1PIgGh.png

Reactions: Margen67

extrun20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
displays a message in the command prompt.

QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::screenChanged(QScreen*) to RenderWindow::OnFramebufferSizeChanged()QObject::connect: No such slot GraphicsFramebufferWidget::OnFramebufferWidthChanged(int)
QObject::connect: (receiver name: 'PicaFramebuffer')
QObject::connect: No such slot GraphicsFramebufferWidget::OnFramebufferHeightChanged(int)
QObject::connect: (receiver name: 'PicaFramebuffer')

It is not working properly?

Attachments

• citra.png
    citra.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 413

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
Alright! Just bought my i7 4790! Im so totally going to be ready for this when it reaches stability. ^.^

He he, bet I could get a whopping 3 fps compared to everyone elses 1 fps in ocarina of time :P
^Exaguration at its finest.

*Got it!
10906393_422703954547253_901510323428035531_n.jpg

Reactions: Margen67 and Twee

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I feel kinda dumb right now. I found out that I've been building Citra with debug configuration instead of release. The release build is so much faster than the debug build. I was wondering why my build seemed so slow compared to the video. I know it was 10x speed, but i figured slowing it down 10x it was still much faster than my build. I assumed it was my crappy integrated Intel graphics card, but I guess I was wrong. Now I don't need to leave my computer on for an hour to get past a cutscene :D

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I feel kinda dumb right now. I found out that I've been building Citra with debug configuration instead of release. The release build is so much faster than the debug build. I was wondering why my build seemed so slow compared to the video. I know it was 10x speed, but i figured slowing it down 10x it was still much faster than my build. I assumed it was my crappy integrated Intel graphics card, but I guess I was wrong. Now I don't need to leave my computer on for an hour to get past a cutscene :D

I've had that same experience with a program I made.

http://github.com/flarn2006/WinParticles (in case anyone's curious)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, why would I do this, I can just play this on Project 64.

Because once it's playable, it'll be probably the most comprehensive version of the game to play? It may have a lot of the nostalgic glitches removed, sure, but you can't deny it is better than the original in terms of visuals and smoother gameplay (30 FPS vs 20, higher resolution textures and models).

At any rate, it's exciting to watch this emulator grow on a weekly basis.

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
Because once it's playable, it'll be probably the most comprehensive version of the game to play? It may have a lot of the nostalgic glitches removed, sure, but you can't deny it is better than the original in terms of visuals and smoother gameplay (30 FPS vs 20, higher resolution textures and models).

At any rate, it's exciting to watch this emulator grow on a weekly basis.

Add a high res texture pack and 4k resolution and yo have the best OOT experience ever! ^.^

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Skylake even that much of a leap? Not only that, but the emulator will still need to be optimized.

Well considering that the current generation of Intel CPUs will be two generations old instead of one generation old by the end of this year due to two CPU generations being released at the same time, yes I think it will.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @linuxares hiii