Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Wojton

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've done some testing with a recent Citra build and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and the crashes seem to occur at random points - sometimes it crashes on the first turn of battle replay, but I once got it as far as playing 5 turns before it crashed. So technically speaking, recording battles is possible with Citra, but you would have to restart it every time it crashes, skip to the battle turn it was on and then join the clips in editing software to make a single replay out of them (+speed it up accordingly). It is a pain, that's the closest we've gotten to recording Pokemon battles without capture card/NTR so far.

Last edited by Wojton,

Wojton

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So technically speaking, recording battles is possible with Citra, but you would have to restart it every time it crashes, skip to the battle turn it was on and then join the clips in editing software to make a single replay out of them (+speed it up accordingly).
To prove my point, here is my video of Citra playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Wi-Fi battle video:

Reactions: Miguel Gomez

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
New build updated as of 28de7f5 with systime re-added and mii-selector and gamelist-icon.

I would prefer if people refrain asking about Pokemon. It's not gonna run better. It's still the same. Before you complain about your game not working, try it on the latest nightly build. If it occurs on nightly then report the issue on Github with a log from the nightly. If it doesn't, then it's probably a regression from all the merging.

Floppy Fork

ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn uı sǝʇıɹʍ oɥʍ ǝןoɥssɐ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
<snip>
DesMuMe runs well even with 2x resolution on my PC (i7 3537U and Nvidia GT740m)
Drastic runs also very well on my Asus Zenfone 2 with also high resolution ^^
No I was taking the android port of DeSuMe.
I use Drastic as well.

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed shitposting -rp

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
No I was taking the android port of DeSuMe.
I use Drastic as well.

There is an android port of DeSmUme (I don't know where the caps are) ?
Drastic is very stable and fast, I don't think this port will go very far ^^

<snip>

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
New build updated as of 28de7f5 with systime re-added and mii-selector and gamelist-icon.

I would prefer if people refrain asking about Pokemon. It's not gonna run better. It's still the same. Before you complain about your game not working, try it on the latest nightly build. If it occurs on nightly then report the issue on Github with a log from the nightly. If it doesn't, then it's probably a regression from all the merging.
Well. This is great. Now, to test 3D Land.
To prove my point, here is my video of Citra playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Wi-Fi battle video:

Dayum! This is neat! Well. As someone says(possibly you), it's possible to record Pokemon Battles. But the problem is...
You gotta dump(or backup) the save file, put it in Citra, and do it with others. Hard task.

<snip>

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Triforce Heroes Deku Forest:

Super Mario 3D Land with Mii Selector(@Leo121):

BTW! Look at this!
qH3W8eJ.png

Same goes to Pokemon ORAS where it follows Sunrise and Sunset. Midnight and Noon!
CyGnvXjr.jpg

Wow! Animal Crossing New Leaf knows that it's Summer!
48BxhWNr.jpg

Ik that it's a day and a minute delay. But I'll just let it slide.
RFLK8W1.png

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a tip for anyone recording replays. if you use fraps, you can lock the source FPS to the recording FPS. This will prevent the emulator's speed from raising and falling erratically. for example when i run it i get anywhere from 15-25 fps in a battle. so I have it locked to 10 fps just to be safe. then after recording i have a 10 fps video i can speed up to 60 fps and it makes the video look like a stable full speed recording without speed ups and slow downs.

example

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is a tip for anyone recording replays. if you use fraps, you can lock the source FPS to the recording FPS. This will prevent the emulator's speed from raising and falling erratically. for example when i run it i get anywhere from 15-25 fps in a battle. so I have it locked to 10 fps just to be safe. then after recording i have a 10 fps video i can speed up to 60 fps and it makes the video look like a stable full speed recording without speed ups and slow downs.

example

A video without the Cel-Shading bug on the background seems suspicious. But then, I noticed that there are no name of the pokemon. So yeah. This is Citra work.
Also, thanks for this. Does it work with Bandicam?

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A video without the Cel-Shading bug on the background seems suspicious. But then, I noticed that there are no name of the pokemon. So yeah. This is Citra work.
Also, thanks for this. Does it work with Bandicam?
yea I noticed that too when I was attempting to make another recording at 1080p, I saw the artifacts on my new recording and was thinking to myself, that wasn't in the first test.

*EDIT*
Sorry about not answering the bandicam question, I don't know. if it has an option to lock the source to the recording fps try it out, if citra starts running at that fps then that means it works.

Also, here is a 1080p test. I had to vertically stack two 1200p screens to get the citra window large enough so that the top screen was 1800x1080(citra window was 1802x2214). Double battles are more taxing so I had to force the fps to 5 in order to get a stable frame rate.

Last edited by KazoWAR,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
yea I noticed that too when I was attempting to make another recording at 1080p, I saw the artifacts on my new recording and was thinking to myself, that wasn't in the first test.

*EDIT*
Sorry about not answering the bandicam question, I don't know. if it has an option to lock the source to the recording fps try it out, if citra starts running at that fps then that means it works.

Also, here is a 1080p test. I had to vertically stack two 1200p screens to get the citra window large enough so that the top screen was 1800x1080. Double battles are more taxing so I had to force the fps to 5 in order to get a stable frame rate.

BTW. Can you do me a favor?
Can you make my save file decrypted aka "main" file(I backed up from Powersaves and I think it's in .sav or .bin format)?
I'll PM you.

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago

example
What video editor do you use for speeding up videos?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/N9my2YMne7M?si=_TD_FEoM-jb1yx7s ll killed a m&m