Homebrew Citra 3DS Emulator booting The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You do realize how complex and how hard the 3DS is to emulate, right? The four years could have been much longer.

Hardware akin to a middle-slightly higher end of the range phone at the time of launch? Ones that were more or less emulated at the time and have long since been emulated quite well.

Reactions: TemplarGR

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the point "it's not 3D"
hero-2c.png

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardware akin to a middle-slightly higher end of the range phone at the time of launch? Ones that were more or less emulated at the time and have long since been emulated quite well.
You can thank poorly documented hardware for making it so hard. Apples to oranges, comparing other portable emulators to other machines is a bad comparison. Just because one console can be emulated in X time doesn't mean another will be emulated in the same time frame.

whats the point "it's not 3D"
You can thank people like me for not being able to see 3D effects due to a visual defect. An emulator would be a lot better than a crappy 2DS.

Can't use that argument
Actually they can. So are you saying that people who can't see 3D shouldn't be allowed to have a 3DS when a 2DS is too small and cramped? Screw 3D. It's a fad.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo first party, give or take Advance Wars, Starfy and their efforts at Tetris, rarely do all that much for me. Most of those I could probably play something similar for on older systems as well, though I will give you I said games worth playing rather than something new and exciting for the 3ds. Generally though the 3ds library is pitiful compared to the things that came before.

Is Kid Icarus Uprising included in that list too? Pretty much everything else first party for the 3DS I could see, but that game's at least something kinda new.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can thank shittily documented hardware for making it so hard. Apples to oranges, comparing other portable emulators to other machines is a bad comparison.

The need for an RE project and some security fiddlings on top of things certainly did not make things easier, and yes comparing hardware can be tricky. However in this case I would argue it holds with regards to what needs to be done.

Is Kid Icarus Uprising included in that list too? Pretty much everything else first party for the 3DS I could see, but that game's at least something kinda new.
Once I bother to put together a 3ds hacking setup my first task after figuring out the ropes is to alter the controls so they do not murder my hands and/or require that stupid stand. New... it is a 3d shmup/rail shooter, granted the first person/over the shoulder stuff is not the most common flavour but starting with space harrier, going into panzer dragoon, having a little aside in things like Gunvalkyrie and going on in various rail shooters since then. Sitting here though I can not think of that many which I played for the GBA and DS so there might be that.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet many say 3D is pointless and a useless gimmick, so what's your point?

So, what about those who have a 3DS, and can't see 3D but don't want a smaller more eye-straining 2DS? The 2DS design is too small for my hands and the screen strains my eyes trying to read? Sure, Nintendo considered those who can't see 3D effects...?

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what about those who have a 3DS, and can't see 3D but don't want a smaller more eye-straining 2DS? The 2DS design is too small for my hands and the screen strains my eyes trying to read? Sure, Nintendo considered those who can't see 3D effects...?
Probably with 2ds is despite the lack of 3d it really wasn't made for people who can't see 3d rather for kids under 7 (age Nintendo recommends to use 3d)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Amazing. Can't wait to see the finalised version!

pefully it will be near perfect by 2017 or 18 it will run fawlessly. 3ds emulation shouldnt be that hard considering it is about the same in specs as the gc which runs great on dolphin.

It is? Graphically the 3DS looks quite inferior to the NGC.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

What I meant to say is that whether the emulator does 3D or not, it's doing something everyone can appreciate, and the inclusion of 3D is not important. Sorry if my earlier remark sounded like an attack on those that can't or prefer not to see 3D with a 3DS. It wasn't my intention. Even if I couldn't see the depth, the fold-design of the 3DS rules over the 2DS.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I meant to say is that whether the emulator does 3D or not, it's doing something everyone can appreciate, and the inclusion of 3D is not important. Sorry if my earlier remark sounded like an attack on those that can't or prefer not to see 3D with a 3DS. It wasn't my intention. Even if I couldn't see the depth, the fold-design of the 3DS rules over the 2DS.

It's all good, man, that was entirely my fault, just too many bad experiences I've had in owning a 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs