Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also the bolded text below is not generally true
Slot 248 - Base 56 - Compatibility with most games and slightly faster read timing. Definitely use this for games with microphones and Wii Speak.
In fact all recent singing games usually require base 57 to work properly

jerspc777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people having trouble I used -

1. Blue Dump German Mod - from wiiuhax ,
2. cios 236 installer mod v6 Vwii Special Edition - also on wiiuhax ,
3. the d2x v10 beta 53 alt vwii - from this site comes in rar file,
has the folder inside labeled with several files inside - just move the maps files and other files inside as well.
4. D2X cIOS Installer MOD 2.2 Download - from filetrip.net ,
5. i put d2x beta 53 v10 alt vwii - 56 for 249 - 57 for 250 and 58 for 251 as the guides state.
6. then your choice of latest wii flow for vwii-wiiu version or gecko usb loader
249 vwii-wiiu version.

use theses files along with ps3 hax steps or othe guides out there and blue dump should work easily and
you should have no problems seeing the d2x v10 beta 53 file.

I had a heck of a time, then found files that actually worked, so if this doesnt work keep looking, keep checking the forums, keep researching google, and you will get it. Hope maybe this helps you as it helped me.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering if using this you can now play backups straight from the disc channel.

I have modded 2 wii's and both of them can do this, but I never installed any mod chips or DARKCORP or CIOSCORP.....from the info I have found I should not be able to do this and I am wondering why the heck I can.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This cIOS doesn't allows you to run backup games from the disc channel in his current installation process.

When you run a game from the disc channel, it loads the IOS requested by the game.
If the game requests IOS33, then IOS33 is loaded before the game is launched. It's IOS33 which will allows or forbid access to DVD-R.

There are two ways to run a backuped disc:
- Patch the requested IOS to allow reading of DVD-R (This is what xCORP is doing, but other tutorials probably do it too)
- Edit the Requested IOS before burning the ISO, to request another IOS (for example IOS 249 d2x)

If you can play DVD-R discs from the disc channel without a modchip, you probably followed a softmod guide which patched the official IOS's slots.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I am wondering if using this you can now play backups straight from the disc channel.

I have modded 2 wii's and both of them can do this, but I never installed any mod chips or DARKCORP or CIOSCORP.....from the info I have found I should not be able to do this and I am wondering why the heck I can.
Besides what was mentioned above I THINK there might have been some PriiLoader hack to have the system menu run off of 249 and (just a hunch, hven't tried it) there might be a way for a priiloader hack to keep the games from reloading the IOS and force them to also load with 249.

Kinda a stab in the dark but that MIGHT be what you have.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I have not checked in a while, but last I checked, ModMii generated Sysmenu IOS that had backup loading capabilities, mainly to help with recovery purposes, but this would still not explain how the game itself (not the banner in the disc channel) would be able to run via backup...
...and setting Sysmenu ISO via priiloader to 249 would do the same thing... banner loading, but not game loading...

Does it take a while for the disc to load via Disc Channel?
Perhaps you may have NeoCorp installed?

EDIT: Just had a look at mauifrog's guide, and it says that most of the IOS that are patched by the guide DO have patched DIP, meaning support for backup loading. But this is not limited to just the Sysmenu IOS, but looks like some other official IOS are getting patched with this too, so that would mean that SOME games, mainly those running under IOS9 (Real old games first released, like Zelda: Twilight Princess) or IOS36 (a few games, Mario Kart, SSBB, and Castlevania Judgement come to mind), WOULD run via Disc Channel with this guide's setup.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks for the info.

Yeah I have only tried a couple of games. Mario Kart works and the Sims 3 too. I did try Metroid Prime Trilogy and that did not work but I was figuring it was because I had the wrong kind of Dual Layer media. I mostly USB load but might try some more burned games because my Hard Drive is basically full (thinking of getting a bigger one).

If my backup does not run from the disc channel would it still run from a loader? I mostly use USB Loader GX. I have also upgraded my D2X to the latest recently (I notice mauifrogs guide had an older version)

DKO696

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Hello, I was hoping someone could help me and let me know what I am doing wrong.
I am just now starting all of this and so I am learning as I go. I am having a d2x-cIOS download problem. I hvae downloaded the "d2x cIOS Installer v3.1" without any problem. But, when downloading "d2x-v8-final.zip" from this page http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/list the download says it is complete. When I try to open or extract the zip file I get an error and it appears to be an empty folder. Error: Windows cannot open the folder. The compressed (zipped) folder 'c:\users\david\desktop\d2x-v8-final.zip' is invalid. I tried downloading on another computer and got the same message. Itried downloading other versions on the same page both up and down the list and the same thing. I thought maybe my computer had a problem so I shut down and restarted, the same thing. Is there some setting or something I need to set on my computer? I got the installer with no problem. Please Help!!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
when you download the "zip" from that page, there's a comment telling you "it's not a zip, it's a 7zip".
rename the file extension to .7z and it will be opened as a 7zip instead of a regular zip, fixing the extraction problem.

DKO696

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
when you download the "zip" from that page, there's a comment telling you "it's not a zip, it's a 7zip".
rename the file extension to .7z and it will be opened as a 7zip instead of a regular zip, fixing the extraction problem.

Thanks!!! I tried it and it worked great. I knew I was doing something wrong. I saw that note but I had never heard of a .7z file extension and thought it was something else. Thanks!!!

I installed USB Loader GX and several games onto my USB drive. The games seem to work fine except for New Super Mario Bros Wii. It comes on but when it changes is screens whether starting the level or after already playing the whole Wii freezes with a blank screen and I have to shut it off and restart. Any ideas? Is this game not going to work wit the USB Loader? Any help would be great thanks.

DKO696

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
That game has a protection, but if you are using USBLoaderGX 3.0 (or newer), it's patched automatically. You don't have anything to do.

This is what I used for the install: USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249
Is there a setting in the Loader that I need to set?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nothing needed in the loader. it's detecting the game and patching it when you launch it.
the patch is working for NTSC J/U and PAL (GameID : SMNE01/SMNJ01/SMNP01)
Be sure to use a proper version of the game; not an already patched one. (or dump your disc again, maybe it's a bad rip).

It's not the correct thread to talk about the loader's settings. If you need more help, please ask in USBloaderGX threads :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto