Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if your goals are just to perfect d2x on a real wii nand or emu-nand but your d2x IOS do work with homebrew on emulated nand and I was curious if you were planning on checking into this? I know it's not necessary but for a few homebrew we need like savegame manager gx.
Thanks for your consideration in this matter.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm not sure if your goals are just to perfect d2x on a real wii nand or emu-nand but your d2x IOS do work with homebrew on emulated nand and I was curious if you were planning on checking into this? I know it's not necessary but for a few homebrew we need like savegame manager gx.
Thanks for your consideration in this matter.
if anyone can confirm that a cIOS works better on emulated nands than cIOS249rev14 please let me know and I will replace the cIOSrev14 installation option in ModMii when building emulated nands.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since the wad pack of d2x v7d was released on wiiflowiki I have been using your d2x IOS in neek2o to run various apps.Here are some findings:
[title:Partial Working Apps]
  • SaveGameManagerGX: partial works; boots up the 1st time but Wii Motes become unsynced; freezes at loading ios249, so it works when it wants to but it does work sort of. I'm going to rephrase this: It will boot up to where you can see the saves and everything but sometimes it will only boot up to the loading ios249.
  • WiiMod: works except for ATD function randomly gives DSI error but installing wads, SM, dumping, all seem to work fine; you will get a Cannot get TMD ticket error but it'll only show up 3 times before you get to the app itself
  • WiiXplorer: runs but gives extended black screen when 1st loading :(
  • DumpMii: runs perfect
  • d2x cios installer 3.1: works perfect
  • Postloader3: runs perfect
  • MyMenuify Mod: runs perfect
EDIT: personally I dont really use homebrew alot anymore I just autoboot into PL3 under neek but there are a lot of apps that do work just the Wiimote becomes unsynced. Also the above apps are the ones I use most often under neek.

@XFlak I'm not saying d2x works better then rev14 but it does run work with homebrew. I'm just wondering if there are any plans to improve on it for use w/in neek?

dhwz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm, davebaol really strange things happening for me.
v7 beta1g worked almost perfectly but now in v7 final.
I got this uid.sys problem again, the return to channel doesn't work, black ops DLC content cannot be downloaded. Ok I did cleanup the hole partial emunand and now blackops is just returning to the HBC. ?!? :blink:

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@dhwz
This is wierd. It seems to me that you installed d2x v6 lol

@kylster
I think that just 1 issue to collect all this kind of bugs is enough.
The summary could be something like "Issues with d2x, Sneek and homebrews"

dhwz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@davebaol
Yes it sounds wierd. But I've installed the right one cIOS249[56]-d2x-v7-final.wad and cIOS250[57]-d2x-v7-final.wad
When I switch back to d2xv7beta1g which I've installed on slot 248 and 247 everything is working again.

dhwz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@davebaol
Ok, I've reinstalled the cIOS this time with the d2x Installer now everything seems to be working fine.
WTF did ModMii do with the v7 final wads, or did waninkokos wad installer something wrong. Dunno. But now its ok. Thx for your great work. :D

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh i should have refreshed more often sorry I just posted but can they be merged or edited?

Why do you want to use neek2o and d2x at the same time? Both do nand emulation, both load games from usb, and that's why they interfere with each other. To me these issues are related to the apps, they shouldn't allow to load any IOS >200 when *neek* is running. Look at NeoGamma's Sneek support, when NeoGamma detects that Sneek+DI or Uneek+DI is running, it completely shuts down cIOS support. Yes, it might need an update for neek2o, but that's not a cIOS problem from my point of view.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@davebaol
Yes it sounds wierd. But I've installed the right one cIOS249[56]-d2x-v7-final.wad and cIOS250[57]-d2x-v7-final.wad
When I switch back to d2xv7beta1g which I've installed on slot 248 and 247 everything is working again.
ModMii v4.8.2 was just released

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i should have refreshed more often sorry I just posted but can they be merged or edited?

Why do you want to use neek2o and d2x at the same time? Both do nand emulation, both load games from usb, and that's why they interfere with each other. To me these issues are related to the apps, they shouldn't allow to load any IOS >200 when *neek* is running. Look at NeoGamma's Sneek support, when NeoGamma detects that Sneek+DI or Uneek+DI is running, it completely shuts down cIOS support. Yes, it might need an update for neek2o, but that's not a cIOS problem from my point of view.
When emu-nands are made using ModMii it asks us if we would like to install 249rev14 cause it works with SaveGameManagerGX we can install game saves. I have no intention of running nand emulation with d2x on neek2o; I only thought it would be possible to have one cIOS instead of needing one on real nand and one on neek preventing the need of rev14. I believe my statement or meaning is misunderstood here. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway