Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
davebaol said:
Slimmmmmm said:
NutNut ... get IOS from NAND (yeah I know it's harder than it sounds)
tongue.gif
I do not think it's worth.
Most nands would have the wrong version of the ios.
Daveboal is right !

iwantcs5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was following this tutorial ( http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...are-sd-usb.html ) and I installed cIOS d2x 1.1 (which was linked in the tutorial) and since then my Wii has been giving me all kinds of trouble. I want to be able to use my USB loader GX and Config. USB loader. Both of the applications load, and recognize the hard drive, but as soon as you try to load any games, the screen goes black. The wii remote remains on (on some occasions), but there is nothing else. No sound, no video. On a couple of occasions, after about 20 seconds I get the 'An error has occurred...' message. I need to fix this. Thanks in advance for the help

iwantcs5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, So I followed this guide: ( http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-guides-t...tion-guide.html ) and installed V6 using base 57 to slot 250 and checked the loader to see if there were any updates available, and there were not. So I tried to load a game (the previous 'Game IOS' was set to 249) And same result. Black screen. Then I restarted the Wii, changed the Game IOS to 250 (thinking that by installing d2x V6 in slot 250 that might be the solution) but same result, black screen. What now?

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey NutNut, would it be possible to add the option to do a batch install? Being able to select the version, slot, and base ios for each one before selecting to install would be great.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
DGenerateKane said:
Hey NutNut, would it be possible to add the option to do a batch install? Being able to select the version, slot, and base ios for each one before selecting to install would be great.
the absence of this feature is probably the only advantage to installing the cIOSs WADs over using the cIOS installer. If this were added to the installer then even I might make the switch to using the installer... but probably not since it still won't be able to batch install titles that aren't cIOSs like the shopping channel or plain vanilla IOSs... but yea, point is I think adding this would make the installer even more competitive relative to WAD cIOS installations, and that is awesome. Good luck nutnut\dragbe!

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
DGenerateKane said:
the absence of this feature is probably the only advantage to installing the cIOSs WADs over using the cIOS installer. If this were added to the installer then even I might make the switch to using the installer... but probably not since it still won't be able to batch install titles that aren't cIOSs like the shopping channel or plain vanilla IOSs... but yea, point is I think adding this would make the installer even more competitive relative to WAD cIOS installations, and that is awesome. Good luck nutnut\dragbe!

+1 a batch installer where you can select which bases you want installed to which slots, shows a confirmation screen of your selection and then installs them all would be sweet!

-Erik

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iwantcs5 said:
Okay, So I followed this guide: ( http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-guides-t...tion-guide.html ) and installed V6 using base 57 to slot 250 and checked the loader to see if there were any updates available, and there were not. So I tried to load a game (the previous 'Game IOS' was set to 249) And same result. Black screen. Then I restarted the Wii, changed the Game IOS to 250 (thinking that by installing d2x V6 in slot 250 that might be the solution) but same result, black screen. What now?

You miss the basics.
Well you are misunderstanding something I think, no offence.
Best you first remod your Wii using Modmii. It's in the stickies.
Just follow the wizard and treat your Wii as if it were virgin.

Make sure the loader is compatible with d2x and that your HDD is too.

d2x v6 and cfg loader works for everybody and it will for you.

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
burritoboy9984 said:
XFlak said:
DGenerateKane said:

+1 a batch installer where you can select which bases you want installed to which slots, shows a confirmation screen of your selection and then installs them all would be sweet!

-Erik
I think it's not usefull since we are already able to return to the cIOS choice screen after installation.
unsure.gif

With batch installation,we'll win maybe 3 seconds but well, I'll talk to Dragbe.
wink.gif

dragbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DGenerateKane said:
feature to implement ideally in a universal cIOS installer. I will reopen the discussion about this in the topic http://gbatemp.net/t294549-cios-installer-future
QUOTE(XFlak @ Jun 27 2011, 04:54 AM) the absence of this feature is probably the only advantage to installing the cIOSs WADs over using the cIOS installer. If this were added to the installer then even I might make the switch to using the installer... but probably not since it still won't be able to batch install titles that aren't cIOSs like the shopping channel or plain vanilla IOSs... but yea, point is I think adding this would make the installer even more competitive relative to WAD cIOS installations, and that is awesome. Good luck nutnut\dragbe!
I have an idea related to the cIOSs WADs installation

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
DGenerateKane said:
Let me propose to NutNut a couple of two cents ideas (feel free to trash them).

The first idea is to add a simple install option in the d2x installer.
Now, we have:
1) a welcome and credits screen
2) a screen to select the ios (236 or 249)
3) a screen to select cios version, iosbase, slot
A new screen could be added between 2) and 3); where the following choices could be selected:
a) option1: latest cios installed with base56 in slot 249 and with base57 in slot 250
b) option2: latest cios installed with base56 in slot 246 and with base57 in slot 247
c) advanced options (that is the actual screen 3)
99% of the people will use a) or b), c) is for the rest of us...

The second idea is to use the meta tags in the file meta.xml for telling what to install and where.
Now we have the option "ios=236" to automatically load the installer with ios236. You could consider the opportunity of using "base56=xxx" for automatically install the latest cios with base56 in slot xxx and, analogously, "base57=yyy" for automatically install the latest cios with base57 in slot yyy.

These Are just two cents ideas, I hope they could be useful....

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
NutNut said:
burritoboy9984 said:
XFlak said:
DGenerateKane said:

-Erik
I think it's not usefull since we are already able to return to the cIOS choice screen after installation.
unsure.gif

With batch installation,we'll win maybe 3 seconds but well, I'll talk to Dragbe.
wink.gif
Yea but if someone wants to install 5 cIOSs, but have other things to do and are running to and from the Wii, they'd need to come back every 2 minutes to prepare another cIOS installation. If batch installations were supported then one could queue up all 5 (or more) installations and return in 10 minutes (or even the next day) and still see a report of the installation(s) success\failure.

Anyways, I don't mean to push the idea on you, if you don't feel its worth adding its your call!
biggrin.gif

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
NutNut said:
@Davebaol: Here is our new To Do List
happy.gif
any others suggestions ?
- Add partial support for HW_AHBPROT functionality.
How about to include in the d2x installer the feature of installing IOS236? when HW_AHBPROT will be available you could use the code from IOS236 installer v5 mod....

With this feature your installer will be self contained, and will need of HBC only... your installer will be the only need for doing a softmod, after HBC of course....

You could have a starting check of the kind:
if IOS236 is installed just use it for the install process, otherwise install it with HW_AHBPROT and reload IOS236 in order to proceed with the install process.....

Just one more two cent idea... thanks a lot for your awesome developing....

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
Yes yes, we have already thought about this and we plan to do it one day but for the Universal cIOS Installer project, not for d2x cIOS Installer.
We will see how this project evolves and offer ours ideas. If it takes time, it is easy to modify the d2x cIOS Installer in the Universal Installer
happy.gif

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
NutNut said:
Yes yes, we have already thought about this and we plan to do it one day but for the Universal cIOS Installer project, not for d2x cIOS Installer.
We will see how this project evolves and offer ours ideas. If it takes time, it is easy to modify the d2x cIOS Installer in the Universal Installer
happy.gif
Thanks so much

iwantcs5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
iwantcs5 said:

You miss the basics.

Okay, So i'll go ahead and remod the wii, What do you suggest I use as the install settings for d2x v 6? Should I stick with base 57 and slot 250? Or should I do something else. I would really like to keep using USB Loader GX. Its the easiest to use for my wife. The whole reason I did this in the first place was to get mighty channels working. Thanks

EDIT: I think that the install settings are already set by modmii.

cereal_killerxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in order to get my Rock Band instruments working for Beatles Rock Band(disc not usb) for Neogamma, would I do the steps like this?

- Insert the SD or USB in the Wii
- Load the HBC and load the d2x installer
- Select IOS36 or 236 or 249 to use during the installation
- Select cIOS to install i.e
- Select base IOS i.e
- Select cIOS slot i.e
- Press A to install

EDIT: Nevermind.

iwantcs5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iwantcs5 said:
Hielkenator said:
iwantcs5 said:

You miss the basics.

Okay, So i'll go ahead and remod the wii, What do you suggest I use as the install settings for d2x v 6? Should I stick with base 57 and slot 250? Or should I do something else. I would really like to keep using USB Loader GX. Its the easiest to use for my wife. The whole reason I did this in the first place was to get mighty channels working. Thanks

EDIT: I think that the install settings are already set by modmii.
Still no success. I installed the modmii package, followed all of the directions, and the USB loading with cfg is still not working. I seriously don't know what to do from here.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow!, i havent bothered updating for a while, was still on 249rev17 (was mostly using hermes 222 for games).
This cIOS has fixed a lot of annoying stuff for me.
I havent read the whole thread, so im sure it's been mentioned, but my Mighty Channels games ALL work now (Lost Winds, Strong Bad, Monkey Island) =D
Also, SamNMax 1 and 2, Metal Slug, House of the Dead 2/3 are working as they were meant to now...havent tried MPT yet.
Thanks davebaol and everyone involved with the D2x development.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan