Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gassy said:
I'm having trouble loading Sam & Max still. I installed v6, and I'm using the latest WiiFlow with a WBFS drive. Is there another step that I missed?

Thx,
Gassy
Last I heard wiiflow doesn't work properly with the newest dx2 cIOS

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kirbymaster101 said:
davebaol said:
@kirbymaster101
Try with Hermes cIOS (base 57) and let me know if you still get crash and lag.
ok but i'll have to play for a staragiht 2 hours. it doesnt freeze like very second it freeZesa after 2 or more hours starght.

also long time ago but i can confirm cod doesnt freeze at all(played for 5 hours) with rev20b.base 57.(howver online is still much more laaggy than with backup discs.)

EDIT: just used hermes 5.1[57] dont know about freezing but it seems the lag has dissapreradred. THANKS!
I've played a bit of CoD:BOs recently with the newest d2x cIOS and didn't have any issues at all. Works just as good as Herme's v5 with base 57. I probably played for the majority of an afternoon with no problems

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ryoku83 said:
kirbymaster101 said:
davebaol said:
@kirbymaster101
ok but i'll have to play for a staragiht 2 hours. it doesnt freeze like very second it freeZesa after 2 or more hours starght.

also long time ago but i can confirm cod doesnt freeze at all(played for 5 hours) with rev20b.base 57.(howver online is still much more laaggy than with backup discs.)

EDIT: just used hermes 5.1[57] dont know about freezing but it seems the lag has dissapreradred. THANKS!
I've played a bit of CoD:BOs recently with the newest d2x cIOS and didn't have any issues at all. Works just as good as Herme's v5 with base 57. I probably played for the majority of an afternoon with no problems
okay my freezing is probably random but what about online does it play laggy?

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
kirbymaster101 said:
Ryoku83 said:
kirbymaster101 said:
davebaol said:
@kirbymaster101

I have the same issue with waninkoko/d2x cIOSes. Some games freeze after a while, Manhunt 2 and Bakugan are two I remember but there are other ones. I've tested the disc with wd utilities and its ok, and watching movies from my tv (a samsung with usb port) always work. So, I suppose it's an incompatibility with my hdd (my passport essential -070A- 500gb) and it's a shame because the new ios_block_reload is great. I'm currently using hermes v5.1 base 57 as my default cIOS and d2x v6 base 56/57 for some games with ios reload. If there's something I can do/test please tell me.

And congrats on the great work on d2x! This is as good as it gets!... (maybe i should buy another hdd... any recommendation??)

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kirbymaster101 said:
Ryoku83 said:
kirbymaster101 said:
davebaol said:
@kirbymaster101

I've only played CoD:BO's online and no I haven't had any lagging issues either. well I have but the host was terrible everyone but him had 1 red bar. just left and found a better host

Just make sure you have the ports forwarded on your router.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gassy said:
I'm having trouble loading Sam & Max still. I installed v6, and I'm using the latest WiiFlow with a WBFS drive. Is there another step that I missed?

Thx,
Gassy
DO NOT FORGET TO DELETE YOUR GAMECONFIG FILES IN /wiiflow/settings! AND WDM FILES IN /wiiflow/codes/wdm on your SD or USB device.

Ryoku83 said:
QUOTE(Gassy @ Jun 17 2011, 03:42 PM) I'm having trouble loading Sam & Max still. I installed v6, and I'm using the latest WiiFlow with a WBFS drive. Is there another step that I missed?

Thx,
Gassy
Last I heard wiiflow doesn't work properly with the newest dx2 cIOS
You heard wrong, rev 355 is out which has proper D2X v6 support.

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm loving the cios with ios reload block. I totally replaced my WaninR17b setup with this one, except, my Wife's Just Dance 2 Special Edition gives an error 002/001 when using base 56 or 57. Using Wiiflow 355 249 version and CFG 69d. I solved it by using Hermes 222 for that game but I was just wondering why it coughed up that error. Thanks again to all working on this wonderful cios.

XeRo9009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi; it seems this cIOS is completely incompatible with the external hard drive I have. I'm wondering if this is an easy fix to include in your next release? Whenever I try to use the cIOS for booting a game, it shows an ID mismatch and "FRAG" errors (though the ID's are right). Herme's 222n cIOS, however, works perfectly fine and detects the hard drive. Reading about this issue online leads me to believe these errors are caused by certain external drive incompatibilities, though if anyone knows a way around that, that would be great to know!

I have a Western Digital 1TB external drive with model number WD10000C033-000 formatted as NTFS... thanks for any help on this issue.

Edit: Oh, btw I am using Configurable USB Loader; but the issue is the same with numerous loaders I have tried so far.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I tried d2x-v6 but I have problems after installed it:

- 40GB HDD 3.5" (with power supply): Not working / not recognized.
- 20GB HDD 2.5" (laptop hard-drive): Not working / not recognized.
- 16GB USB flash drive: Working fine.

Is there a way (or some tool) to report the unsupported drives
unsure.gif
?

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ryoku83 said:
kirbymaster101 said:
Ryoku83 said:
kirbymaster101 said:
davebaol said:
@kirbymaster101

I've only played CoD:BO's online and no I haven't had any lagging issues either. well I have but the host was terrible everyone but him had 1 red bar. just left and found a better host

Just make sure you have the ports forwarded on your router.
yeah but mine lags with d2x and not with hermes.....

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wichoxp said:

unsure.gif
?
Do they work with rev21?

XeRo9009 said:
QUOTE(davebaol @ Jun 18 2011, 10:46 AM) Try defragging your HDD.

Completely defragmented the drive and still the same errors..
Does your HDD work with rev21?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ Davebaol:
Just some info on Wiiplay motion.
Pal users will have to set their language for the game to english ( region error ).

But when returning from the Wiimotionplus instruction movie the same region error pops up, forcing you to reboot.

It's just a minor problem, but I thought you might want to investigate.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hielkenator said:
@ Davebaol:
Pal users will have to set their language for the game to english ( region error ).

But when returning from the Wiimotionplus instruction movie the same region error pops up, forcing you to reboot.

There's nothing to investigate. The game only likes it when the language is english, but the english patch of the loaders only holds until the IOS Reload. An IOS Reloading game that would require this, would screw you. Well you can set your language in the settings to english, but for japanes games with the same, you would have a serious problem.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
davebaol said:
wichoxp said:

unsure.gif
?
Do they work with rev21?
No, they don't. They work fine with rev17 and previous versions
unsure.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using V6 with base 57 on Wiiflow (355) and on CFG (69d). So far everything is flawless. I have base 56 installed as a backup cIOS just in case but, so far it has not been required.

Just wanted to say thanks.
Cheers
grog.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Hielkenator said:
@ Davebaol:

There's nothing to investigate. The game only likes it when the language is english, but the english patch of the loaders only holds until the IOS Reload. An IOS Reloading game that would require this, would screw you. Well you can set your language in the settings to english, but for japanes games with the same, you would have a serious problem.

So that fix is a No NO?
I'll get the PAL version then....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it