Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could somebody please post a not working game? At least something lile the serious lag problem with some of the singing games.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Spongeroberto said:
With d2x v6 beta 1 and cfg loader 69b1 sam and max season 1 plays no different from how it used to with my setup of a couple of months old. Namely, the game works fine as long as you enable alt dol. The actual game menu only brings you back to your system menu.
So, I don't see a reason to put it in the list.
You're wrong.
Now it plays fine without alt.dol methods, just enable block ios reload then the episode selection works and exiting the episode also brings you back to the in-game episode selection.

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

This is something I already posted but I seem to be the only one to have some troubles :

TV SHOW KING works with mighty channel when I use with CIOS rev 17 (base 38)

but not with CIOS D2X V4 or V6 BETA 1 (base 38 too).

I use a Hard Disk formated with FAT 32 system.

I tested CIOS D2X on slot 251 and 247, CIOS rev 17 is on slot 248.

I tested 2 version of TV SHOW KING in case mine was corrupted.

The game starts and I got the following error :

342:FileSteamlmpl.cpp
assert failed false

I know that someone reported it works but there should be something as I works with CIOS rev 17.

Regards

Olivier

T

TheRealVisitor

oggzee said:
Spongeroberto said:
With d2x v6 beta 1 and cfg loader 69b1 sam and max season 1 plays no different from how it used to with my setup of a couple of months old. Namely, the game works fine as long as you enable alt dol. The actual game menu only brings you back to your system menu.
You're wrong.
Now it plays fine without alt.dol methods, just enable block ios reload then the episode selection works and exiting the episode also brings you back to the in-game episode selection.

My point
rolleyes.gif

Oggzee, what about removing the "block ios reload option" and set it internally for all needed games inside the cfg loader or is it needed for something else?

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Etheboss said:
Spongeroberto said:
(snip)That is the whole point, it should be on the list because it is a game that does not run out of the box and needs an ALT DOL method to run.

Maybe the question is, do we need a list...

I thought the list was for games that work thanks to the latest fix. Must've misread.

oggzee said:
QUOTE(Spongeroberto @ Jun 5 2011, 02:46 PM)
You're wrong.
Odd. Without anything special enabled, selecting an episode sent me to the sysmenu again. Enabling reload block made it so that selecting an episode resulted in a black screen (wbfs partition).
unsure.gif

I'll check again and re-rip the game to be sure.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TheRealVisitor said:
oggzee said:
Spongeroberto said:
You're wrong.

My point
rolleyes.gif

Oggzee, what about removing the "block ios reload option" and set it internally for all needed games inside the cfg loader or is it needed for something else?

It's required in lots of games to reset to game's main menu from the game's home menu. Removing the option wouldn't good, then you couldn't try out stuff anymore. Having the IOS Reload block on as default is something that could be discussed. But there's no need to tell oggzee that, i always mentioned it to him, if it's done or not is up to the CFG devs.

T

TheRealVisitor

WiiPower said:
TheRealVisitor said:
oggzee said:
Spongeroberto said:
You're wrong.

My point
rolleyes.gif

It's required in lots of games to reset to game's main menu from the game's home menu. Removing the option wouldn't good, then you couldn't try out stuff anymore. Having the IOS Reload block on as default is something that could be discussed. But there's no need to tell oggzee that, i always mentioned it to him, if it's done or not is up to the CFG devs.

Ok, I didn't know
blush.gif

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mamule said:
davebaol said:
Rename it EHCI.app and replace the old module in d2x v6beta1 with this one:
http://www.multiupload.com/8A4CDBE8K2

Please test wiiflow cover issue too.

I also confirm, it works to DL covers and make wfc

I use wiiflow_250 R254 with cIOS250[57]-v21d2x6-beta1 with this EHCI module... all my games are on "defaut" in IOS menu but if I change this parameter, "defaut" disappears... there are no more than my other cIOS
frown.gif

ps: Is since the V3 that this problem appeared
Yes, thats correct actually, Wiiflow supports the new cIOS naming but not fully.
Thats why you can't change to another cIOS slot except if you have hermes cIOSes also installed.

Temporary solution would be to rename the d2x cIOS version numbers to 21 with Showmiiwads.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OlivierTheBest said:
Hello,

This is something I already posted but I seem to be the only one to have some troubles :

TV SHOW KING works with mighty channel when I use with CIOS rev 17 (base 38)

but not with CIOS D2X V4 or V6 BETA 1 (base 38 too).

I use a Hard Disk formated with FAT 32 system.

I tested CIOS D2X on slot 251 and 247, CIOS rev 17 is on slot 248.

I tested 2 version of TV SHOW KING in case mine was corrupted.

The game starts and I got the following error :

342:FileSteamlmpl.cpp
assert failed false

I know that someone reported it works but there should be something as I works with CIOS rev 17.

Regards

Olivier
Tried it with d2x v6 beta1, BASE 56 + CFG 69b1, PAL version on a NTFS HDD, game works without problems

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very nice work guys. i finally made the jump today to d2xv6 beta 1 due to ios reload blocking support. i never had any other issues, everything for me works great with cios38rev17 and hermes 222/223/224.

got these in the surrounding slots for general purpose now. if it worked with forwarders for wiiware and vc stuff, i would so put this in 249. but 17 is the best for me for 249.

thanks for your work.

edit: you can see on my wiinertag i've ran a few games that have ios reloading issues, all work great.

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That poll above is completely wrong, of course d2x solved a lot of things like lags and games that didn't work before like Splinter Cell DA and We Dare now works. If I were you I start that poll from scratch.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Very good, it seems that the new ehci module works for all usb bloaders now.

@OlivierTheBest
TV SHOW KING (I guess you're referring to the wiiware game) works for me.
Try it with a fresh nand backup from your wii.

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To davebaol and Etheboss

QUOTE said:
@OlivierTheBest
TV SHOW KING (I guess you're referring to the wiiware game) works for me.
Try it with a fresh nand backup from your wii.

QUOTETried it with d2x v6 beta1, BASE 56 + CFG 69b1, PAL version on a NTFS HDD, game works without problems

Yes it is a wiiware, I will check with a fresh nand backup but why does it work with CIOS rev 17 ?

Regards

Olivier

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oops, i thought you ment the Wii game..did not try the wiiware version

Update: tested both wiiware games, TV Show King 1 & 2. Both start without problems, and i can play them.

Playing with d2x v6 beta1, BASE 56, Mighty Channels 11.1, both are PAL games

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
oggzee said:
Spongeroberto said:
You're wrong.
I just tried with a fresh dump and you're right, it works perfectly like it was supposed to now (with ios reload enabled). Sorry, my mistake.

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Etheboss said:
Temporary solution would be to rename the d2x cIOS version numbers to 21 with Showmiiwads.

It works thks Etheboss
wink.gif

"We dare" crashes only at the second loading....sh**

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
mamule said:
davebaol said:
Rename it EHCI.app and replace the old module in d2x v6beta1 with this one:
http://www.multiupload.com/8A4CDBE8K2

Please test wiiflow cover issue too.

I also confirm, it works to DL covers and make wfc

I use wiiflow_250 R254 with cIOS250[57]-v21d2x6-beta1 with this EHCI module... all my games are on "defaut" in IOS menu but if I change this parameter, "defaut" disappears... there are no more than my other cIOS
frown.gif

ps: Is since the V3 that this problem appeared
Yes, thats correct actually, Wiiflow supports the new cIOS naming but not fully.
Thats why you can't change to another cIOS slot except if you have hermes cIOSes also installed.

Yeah, this is the only way to get WiiFlow to recognize d2x cIOSes, but then IOS reload blocking no longer works with CFG... so take your pick
frown.gif

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mamule said:
Etheboss said:

It works thks Etheboss
wink.gif

"We dare" crashes only at the second loading....sh**

QUOTE(davebaol @ Jun 5 2011, 02:21 PM)
@TheRealVisitor
We Dare works just because cfg loader and neogamma counteract the AP-protection.
And AFAIK ios reload block supports all games out there.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It was slow, but did the job for the time.