Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

norbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
norbyte said:
I found another little issue with d2x.. I (and somebody before me also [for sure
biggrin.gif
]) found out, that HOME button > reset will not turn back to the system menu. But this only works if block IOS reload is enabled. I tested Triviual Pursuit PAL with base 56 (cfg, default settings) and HOME > reset turned to system menu (tested twice). I then enabled reload blocking and the game reloaded well (but needed a long time and the wiimote lost sync).

[...]

Home menu -> "Wii menu" -> Return to system menu(this is overwritten by the return to channel from d2x if enabled)
Home menu -> "Reset" -> Return to game main menu

What is your issue exactly?

Home menu -> "Wii menu" -> Return to system menu (works always)
Home menu -> "Reset" -> Return to game main menu (worked never for me, brought me always back to system menu, but with d2x v6 beta and ios block reload this works and ONLY with this option)

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
norbyte said:
WiiPower said:
norbyte said:
I found another little issue with d2x.. I (and somebody before me also [for sure
biggrin.gif
]) found out, that HOME button > reset will not turn back to the system menu. But this only works if block IOS reload is enabled. I tested Triviual Pursuit PAL with base 56 (cfg, default settings) and HOME > reset turned to system menu (tested twice). I then enabled reload blocking and the game reloaded well (but needed a long time and the wiimote lost sync).

[...]

Home menu -> "Wii menu" -> Return to system menu(this is overwritten by the return to channel from d2x if enabled)
Home menu -> "Reset" -> Return to game main menu

What is your issue exactly?

Home menu -> "Wii menu" -> Return to system menu (works always)
Home menu -> "Reset" -> Return to game main menu (worked never for me, brought me always back to system menu, but with d2x v6 beta and ios block reload this works and ONLY with this option)

This has been a problem since day 1 of USB loading, D2x is the first to FIX this with ios block reload. I still don't see your issue? Your issue is actually a fix thanks for d2x

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Jehuty25 said:
WiiPower said:
How do you enable this?
in your config.txt (in SD:/usb-loader) you add "return_to_channel = xxxx" where xxxx is the id of your forwarder. If you softmodded with the ModMii wizard you'll probably have the universal forwarder (the channel just says 'usb loader'), in which case the id would be IDCL.

With that done, whenever you open the home menu during a game and choose to return to the wii main menu you'll reload the forwarder instead.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jehuty25 said:
WiiPower said:
How do you enable this?

NeoGamma automatically tries to identify the channel it was booted from (like HBC), and calls the cIOS it wants to return there instead of system menu. Inside the cIOS code this is related to the IOS Reload block function, but it's something different.

CFG uses this as well, but i don't know how exactly you activate it. When activated, i think it autodetects the used cIOS and uses the cIOS return to channel function, instead of the other method, when possible.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
CFG uses this as well, but i don't know how exactly you activate it. When activated, i think it autodetects the used cIOS and uses the cIOS return to channel function, instead of the other method, when possible.
return_to_channel = auto

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Found a potentially Block Ios Reload INcompatible game.
Flatout for Wii.

With block ios enabled, game crashes when selecting a car.
When Block Ios Disabled, game loads fine.
Confirmed using Usbl GX aswell as CFG loader.
using latest cfg loader, GX rev 1087, D2X beta 6

Also dave, get well soon.

bros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RoboticBuddy said:
Offtopic: 39 degrees Celsius?
Did you think before writing your post?

davebaol is Italian and yes it's 39 degrees celcius ... if it was 39 degrees farenheit it's equal to 3.8 degrees celcius ...

How do you want he write a post with 3.8 degrees ???????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi