Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Etheboss said:
FIX94 said:
Hey guys, can someone try to dump a game to NTFS using 249 d2x v6 beta 1? I want to know if it's only broken for me.
I think you are right, i cannot either..
It seems to be broken since v4 beta 1, if you are trying it v3 or older it should work.

Mad Bawler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mad Bawler said:
First, thanks to all for the amazing work!
But i have a little Problem:
Tom Clancys H.A.W.X 2 (PAL - RTAP41 - MULTI5) displays a black screen, if i select the game language english.
With default language the game starts without problems from hdd!

My Wii is on 4.3E (GERMAN Systemlangugage) with cIOS-d2x-v6beta1 248[37], 249[56], 250[57], 251[58] & Hermes cIOS 222[38], 223[37] and 224[57].
The HDD is a Samsung S2 with 640 GB in FAT32 with wbfs-Files.

I have tried all possible settings with the latest up to date USB Loaders (CFG, GX and WiiFlow), but no success!
angry.gif

It is a cIOS or USB Loader problem?

Hope someone can help me?
Thank you very much!

Okay, the same problem with Sorg's EmuNand/UniiLoader!
unsure.gif

I have the game dumped with RAWDump 2.00 (CRC32: D282A018, MD5:3AD6E9BCE35E03091AC17924074A49CD, SHA1:1272E0C7F6B016509209BCB26415B1501C99DDAA)
The same values ??as WiiTDB! What's wrong???

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
Stratus Fear said:
NutNut said:
XFlak said:
Zonta85 said:
What about a cIOS installer for v5 and v6 beta?
dragbe maintain the cIOS Installer, so no one but him will know when it will be updated. He was pretty quick to support v4 final, so I'm guessing he'll be quick this time around also.
Well, actually the D2x cIOS Installer is really simple to update but it takes time because we have to "map" (mean the cIOS by hand since we havn't create a simple .exe to make it automatically.
If you want to do it, you can compare decrypted content of IOS bases to unpacked cIOS wad and write the patches
smile.gif
then complete de ciosmaps.xml file and add the news d2x modules

I'm no dev really, but like you said, it was easy to make the changes. I did so myself after taking a look at the ciosmaps.xml and making the appropriate other changes in patchmii_core.c. I left v3 and v4 in, in case any one would have any reason to do so. I tested it on my own Wii, and it appears to work fine (cIOSes load and run fine too). If anyone wants to try (and I don't blame you if you don't trust me, me being a 1 post newb and all
tongue.gif
) I have a link below, my changes are included in the source in the package. The boot.dol has both v5 final and v6 beta 1. I don't know what dragbe would want to call this, but I just took the logical step and called it v1.2. My name is nowhere on this, either, this was pretty simple stuff and I don't want to take credit for it. I just want to be helpful.

http://www.mediafire.com/?u6u33zqsxu4fgod
Actually, you have made mistakes with patchs because you copy/paste base map from v3 for v5 & v6 whereas the content 00000000.app is not the same because of the new cIOS identification method
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: I prepare the new sources if you want to compile them after

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mad Bawler said:
Mad Bawler said:
Tom Clancys H.A.W.X 2 (PAL - RTAP41 - MULTI5) displays a black screen, if i select the game language english.

My Wii is on 4.3E (GERMAN Systemlangugage) with cIOS-d2x-v6beta1 248[37], 249[56], 250[57], 251[58] & Hermes cIOS 222[38], 223[37] and 224[57].

I have tried all possible settings with the latest up to date USB Loaders (CFG, GX and WiiFlow), but no success!
angry.gif

Thank you very much!

unsure.gif

I have the game dumped with RAWDump 2.00 (CRC32: D282A018, MD5:3AD6E9BCE35E03091AC17924074A49CD, SHA1:1272E0C7F6B016509209BCB26415B1501C99DDAA)

Maybe there is no english on the image you have.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Etheboss said:
If you want, i can also test a v4 beta 1 without EHCI from v3.
I wrote with davebaol in IRC, sorry
laugh.gif
The EHCI module from v3 fixes it, newer modules will give this error.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested on my FAT32 USB Loader

Results For Metroid Games

Metroid Prime 1 New Play Control NTSC-J Works Perfectly with d2x v6beta1 IOS 56 & d2x v6beta1 IOS 38

Metroid Prime 2 Dark Echoes New Play Control NTSC-J Works Partially But It won't Load Game & Multilayer with d2x v6beta1 IOS 56,d2x v6beta1 IOS 38, d2x v6beta1 IOS 37

Metroid Prime Trilogy NTSC-U Shows Wii Strap info then Black Screen on IOS 56, on Wii Strap info then Metroid Prime Trilogy Now Loading. then Black Screen IOS 38 & IOS 37 with d2x v6beta1 IOS 56,d2x v6beta1 IOS 38,d2x v6beta1 IOS 37

I used Block IOS Reload on these games Metroid Prime 1 New Play Control NTSC-J works perfectly. Then Metroid Prime 2 Dark Echoes New Play Control NTSC-J works but it won't load the Game & Multilayer, and Metroid Prime Trilogy NTSC-U won't boot the game.

This is my report on FAT32 USB Loader. Hopefully this issue will be fixed in beta2 or final.

Stratus Fear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NutNut said:
Stratus Fear said:
NutNut said:
XFlak said:
Zonta85 said:
What about a cIOS installer for v5 and v6 beta?
dragbe maintain the cIOS Installer, so no one but him will know when it will be updated. He was pretty quick to support v4 final, so I'm guessing he'll be quick this time around also.
Well, actually the D2x cIOS Installer is really simple to update but it takes time because we have to "map" (mean the cIOS by hand since we havn't create a simple .exe to make it automatically.
If you want to do it, you can compare decrypted content of IOS bases to unpacked cIOS wad and write the patches
smile.gif
then complete de ciosmaps.xml file and add the news d2x modules

I'm no dev really, but like you said, it was easy to make the changes. I did so myself after taking a look at the ciosmaps.xml and making the appropriate other changes in patchmii_core.c. I left v3 and v4 in, in case any one would have any reason to do so. I tested it on my own Wii, and it appears to work fine (cIOSes load and run fine too). If anyone wants to try (and I don't blame you if you don't trust me, me being a 1 post newb and all
tongue.gif
) I have a link below, my changes are included in the source in the package. The boot.dol has both v5 final and v6 beta 1. I don't know what dragbe would want to call this, but I just took the logical step and called it v1.2. My name is nowhere on this, either, this was pretty simple stuff and I don't want to take credit for it. I just want to be helpful.

http://www.mediafire.com/?u6u33zqsxu4fgod
Actually, you have made mistakes with patchs because you copy/paste base map from v3 for v5 & v6 whereas the content 00000000.app is not the same because of the new cIOS identification method
rolleyes.gif

When I looked at various patches between v3 and v4, they were identical. I don't know how the new identification method works, nor was I aware of it; my aim was just to get v5 and v6 modules in.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TrapperKeeperX said:
I tested on my FAT32 USB Loader

Results For Metroid Games

Metroid Prime 1 New Play Control NTSC-J Works Perfectly with d2x v6beta1 IOS 56 & d2x v6beta1 IOS 38

Metroid Prime 2 Dark Echoes New Play Control NTSC-J Works Partially But It won't Load Game & Multilayer with d2x v6beta1 IOS 56,d2x v6beta1 IOS 38, d2x v6beta1 IOS 37

Metroid Prime Trilogy NTSC-U Shows Wii Strap info then Black Screen on IOS 56, on Wii Strap info then Metroid Prime Trilogy Now Loading. then Black Screen IOS 38 & IOS 37 with d2x v6beta1 IOS 56,d2x v6beta1 IOS 38,d2x v6beta1 IOS 37

I used Block IOS Reload on these games Metroid Prime 1 New Play Control NTSC-J works perfectly. Then Metroid Prime 2 Dark Echoes New Play Control NTSC-J works but it won't load the Game & Multilayer, and Metroid Prime Trilogy NTSC-U won't boot the game.

This is my report on FAT32 USB Loader. Hopefully this issue will be fixed in beta2 or final.

I recommend you check your dumps. MPT works perfectly here with base 56. Just like the retail game.

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
Stratus Fear said:
NutNut said:
rolleyes.gif

When I looked at various patches between v3 and v4, they were identical. I don't know how the new identification method works, nor was I aware of it; my aim was just to get v5 and v6 modules in.
Actually, everything is identical except the content 0000000.app wich is different between base and between version of cIOS
smile.gif

Mad Bawler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hielkenator said:
Mad Bawler said:
Mad Bawler said:

angry.gif

Thank you very much!

unsure.gif

Maybe there is no english on the image you have.

No, it's multilingual like Super Mario Galaxy ...! I changed my sytemlanguage to english and it boots in cfg without without problems.
The game freeze if the loader change the gamelanguage.

All USB Loaders can load H.A.W.X 2 only with default lanuage!!!
Hope that issue can be fixed???

Stratus Fear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NutNut said:
Stratus Fear said:
NutNut said:
rolleyes.gif

Actually, everything is identical except the content 0000000.app wich is different between base and between version of cIOS
smile.gif

Ah makes sense. Well in the interest of learning I guess, how does that get patched?

gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
working with version 6 and block ios reload on

ashley cricket (no additional savefile needed now)
sims 3 multiplayer
mysims collection
raving rabbits party collection

i had some stack dumps or dsi errors but that was becauses some lines in my conf.txt for cfgloader

TheLiNkMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've installed d2x v6beta1 via Modmii and MMM, currently i'm using CFG USB Loader 69a6, it's working perfectly but in IOS info, it doesn't show the base IOS :S

something like this

Code:
IOS249 Base: ?? (r21006)
IOS250 Base: ?? (r21006)

when i installed d2x v4 using dragbe's official installer, it displays base ios correctly. What should i do ? :S

Sorry for my bad English :S

------------

BTW.

Metal Slug Anthology doesn't need alt.dol anymore to load Meta Slug 6 (when 'block ios reload' is enabled).
Great!
ohmy.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TheLiNkMan said:
when i installed d2x v4 using dragbe's official installer, it displays base ios correctly. What should i do ? :S
You will need to wait until oggzee adds the new way to idenity the cIOS or someone adds the needed hashes (I'll may do it later).

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@TheLiNkMan
cfg loader doesn't use yet the new cios identification method and the hash codes for the old method are missing.
So it can't recognize the cios base.
It will be fixed in some next release, I guess.

And alt.dols are no more required when ios reload block is enabled.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
XFlak said:
I'll make the change if it will benefit apps other than pimpmywii. So if a dev of a useful app requests it, then I'll do it. I have a feeling someone will eventually request it, but I'd like to hear oggzee's thoughts before proceeding. So yea, I'll say it one last time, I'm not the person you need to convince, I've already said I'll support it if oggzee or someone in his league thinks it will be useful\helpful.
i guess you really want to hear my opinion
biggrin.gif

Well, i have no real need for old cios to carry this new info. But if you decide to tag also old cios with it I don't mind.
cfg doesn't even support that yet, but it will soon.
one side effect is that it breaks the current detection by hash, but ok this would only happen if you have an old cfg with the new cios... not actually old cfg since it's not even supported yet so even current cfg will no longer identify some of the cios if suddenly all have different hashes... that's why i think we're not in a hurry to suddenly go tagging all old cioses, but maybe in future why not, but i think the loaders need to be updated first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof