Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
XFlak said:
Zonta85 said:
What about a cIOS installer for v5 and v6 beta?
dragbe maintain the cIOS Installer, so no one but him will know when it will be updated. He was pretty quick to support v4 final, so I'm guessing he'll be quick this time around also.
Well, actually the D2x cIOS Installer is really simple to update but it takes time because we have to "map" (mean the cIOS by hand since we havn't create a simple .exe to make it automatically.
If you want to do it, you can compare decrypted content of IOS bases to unpacked cIOS wad and write the patches
smile.gif
then complete de ciosmaps.xml file and add the news d2x modules

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'll make the change if it will benefit apps other than pimpmywii. So if a dev of a useful app requests it, then I'll do it. I have a feeling someone will eventually request it, but I'd like to hear oggzee's thoughts before proceeding. So yea, I'll say it one last time, I'm not the person you need to convince, I've already said I'll support it if oggzee or someone in his league thinks it will be useful\helpful.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not trying to convince anyone about what is the best solution.
I have not even a real opinion about it.
I just hope that ALL cios installers and builders follow the same path.
smile.gif

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
davebaol said:
And I believe all recent tools that have the ability to install or build a cios should adopt the same convention since one of the main purposes of this new method is to create a standard.
I agree with davebaol
wink.gif
wink.gif

All tools which can build/install cIOS have to use the new identification in order to engage the movement.
So in ModMii you can adding the signature to older cIOS, like this more and more people will use the new method.
The future cIOS Installer will use it so why waiting for it to start using new identification ?
It's not a problem for Loaders/syscheck because they can use both, Right ?
QUOTE(davebaol @ Jun 3 2011, 06:36 PM) I'm not trying to convince anyone about what is the best solution.
I have not even a real opinion about it.
I just hope that ALL cios installers and builders follow the same path.
smile.gif
+1

Stratus Fear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NutNut said:
XFlak said:
Zonta85 said:
What about a cIOS installer for v5 and v6 beta?
dragbe maintain the cIOS Installer, so no one but him will know when it will be updated. He was pretty quick to support v4 final, so I'm guessing he'll be quick this time around also.
Well, actually the D2x cIOS Installer is really simple to update but it takes time because we have to "map" (mean the cIOS by hand since we havn't create a simple .exe to make it automatically.
If you want to do it, you can compare decrypted content of IOS bases to unpacked cIOS wad and write the patches
smile.gif
then complete de ciosmaps.xml file and add the news d2x modules

I'm no dev really, but like you said, it was easy to make the changes. I did so myself after taking a look at the ciosmaps.xml and making the appropriate other changes in patchmii_core.c. I left v3 and v4 in, in case any one would have any reason to do so. I tested it on my own Wii, and it appears to work fine (cIOSes load and run fine too). If anyone wants to try (and I don't blame you if you don't trust me, me being a 1 post newb and all
tongue.gif
) I have a link below, my changes are included in the source in the package. The boot.dol has both v5 final and v6 beta 1. I don't know what dragbe would want to call this, but I just took the logical step and called it v1.2. My name is nowhere on this, either, this was pretty simple stuff and I don't want to take credit for it. I just want to be helpful.

http://www.mediafire.com/?u6u33zqsxu4fgod

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just need a quick yes or no answer please. Does this latest v6beta1 version of the cIOS that has fixed the problem of IOS reloading work with the r304 version of Wiiflow (I'm talking about specifically the block IOS reloading feature on any filesystem)? Thanks.

Edit: Actually, nevermind. I see davebaol wrote that this feature only works with CFG.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tested D2X v 6b.
Metal Slug Anthology 100%
Metroid Prime Trilogy 100%
The House of The Dead 2 & 3 100%
Splinter Cell Double agent 100%
Sam & Max Season 1 and season 2 both 100%
MoH heroes 2 100%
Call of Duty 3 100%

This is awesome!!!!!!

Now if somebody could look into Monster hunter tri and fix the movie crach when starting a new game.
This would make usb loading on Wii FULL CIRCLE.

Absolutely awesome!!!!

Mad Bawler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First, thanks to all for the amazing work!
But i have a little Problem:
Tom Clancys H.A.W.X 2 (PAL - RTAP41 - MULTI5) displays a black screen, if i select the game language english.
With default language the game starts without problems from hdd!

My Wii is on 4.3E (GERMAN Systemlangugage) with cIOS-d2x-v6beta1 248[37], 249[56], 250[57], 251[58] & Hermes cIOS 222[38], 223[37] and 224[57].
The HDD is a Samsung S2 with 640 GB in FAT32 with wbfs-Files.

I have tried all possible settings with the latest up to date USB Loaders (CFG, GX and WiiFlow), but no success!
angry.gif

It is a cIOS or USB Loader problem?

Hope someone can help me?
Thank you very much!

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
I don't see much point in adding the signature retroactively to older cIOSs since it's important to be able to detect the older versions that aren't signed.
I don't see much of a point in anyone continuing to program pimpmywii or ever using it when modmii exists.
biggrin.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DeadlyFoez said:
XFlak said:
I don't see much point in adding the signature retroactively to older cIOSs since it's important to be able to detect the older versions that aren't signed.
I don't see much of a point in anyone continuing to program pimpmywii or ever using it when modmii exists.
biggrin.gif

agreed.
Except for mac user PMW could be handy...

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hielkenator said:
Tested D2X v 6b.
Now if somebody could look into Monster hunter tri and fix the movie crach when starting a new game.

Absolutely awesome!!!!
Well, just tested MHT, no crash here with the movie...i am using d2x v6 beta 1, CFG 69a5, 249 base56 and running it on a NTFS formatted partition..no changes made to the settings in CFG.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Etheboss said:
Hielkenator said:
Tested D2X v 6b.

Absolutely awesome!!!!
Well, just tested MHT, no crash here with the movie...i am using d2x v6 beta 1, CFG 69a5, 249 base56 and running it on a NTFS formatted partition..no changes made to the settings in CFG.

? could this be a FAT problem then? I'll try some more.....
EDIT: Same config as you. Except for the FAT 32 format. But crashes in the first movie where the kid falls in the water.

Please share your fix. Fixed by redumping.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
dexter222 said:
davebaol said:
Important notes:
  • At the moment only CFG USB Loader v69a5 can make you enjoy IOS reload block from a non WBFS partition.
  • Support for sector size greater than 512B has not been tested on such a HDD.
    Please, if you own a 3TB HDD let us know if it works properly.

I tested CFG Loader v69a5 on a 3tb drive (FAT32 formatted) and it failed.

I was using cIOS249[56]-v21d2x6-beta.

Although it shows up in the partition list as type FAT1, when you try to select it the error "ERROR: USB Init (0)" is returned.
Ok please try cfg v69a6 it should be better, let's see...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Etheboss said:
Hielkenator said:
Tested D2X v 6b.

Absolutely awesome!!!!

Just redumped MH tri and it fixed the crash.
Would you believe i've been playing this way from the very first moment the game was out ? LOL.

Redumping fixed it. Thank you for the feedback!
This means, FULL CIRCLE FOR ME!!!!
There's nothing more I could wich for in USB loading.

THANK YOU.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hielkenator said:
I wasn't gonna say anything the first time u said "full circle" in that context, but now I've gotta correct you, lol. Sorry, don't take it personally, correcting ppl's grammar/expressions is a bad habit of mine, my fiancee' hates it, lol.

Anyways, saying something has gone "full circle" means you've ended up right back where you started, like doing a 360. I know this isn't what you meant to say, so no biggie
biggrin.gif

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
qwertymodo said:
Just curious, but does CFG's handling of the IOS Reload Blocking depend on the version number of the IOS (the v21007 part), I know some loaders are coded to react differently to different IOS version numbers (such as WiiFlow not recognizing cIOSes with v21XXX). I did change the version number to v21 (for the afformentioned WiiFlow compatibility issue) if that makes any difference.
Yes!
It has to be: 21005 < version < 24000

Thank you oggzee, that is almost definitely my issue then. And yes, I meant 69a5, not 59a5... my bad
frown.gif

And just my two cents, but I think the 21XXX version numbering should be ditched for the same reasons already brought up in the wad naming discussion. This isn't v21 anymore...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, can someone try to dump a game to NTFS using 249 d2x v6 beta 1? I want to know if it's only broken for me.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
Hielkenator said:
I wasn't gonna say anything the first time u said "full circle" in that context, but now I've gotta correct you, lol. Sorry, don't take it personally, correcting ppl's grammar/expressions is a bad habit of mine, my fiancee' hates it, lol.

Anyways, saying something has gone "full circle" means you've ended up right back where you started, like doing a 360. I know this isn't what you meant to say, so no biggie
biggrin.gif

Ha ha lol. Yep, you are right! Well, what can I say...I'm just a simple dutchman, lol!

What I meant to say is, there's nothing more to I could wish for....Just awesome!!!!

Just read the NTFS dumping issue.... so there's still something to wish for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol