Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
hehe I know.
But I think about the newbies and their obvious questions
wink.gif

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
davebaol said:
IceIceBird said:
davebaol said:
At the moment only NeoGamma R9 beta48 works for it. Remember to set Block IOS Reload = No disc.

Wrong..
In Neogamma set Block IOS Reload = For Discs .
WiiPower will probably fix this in next beta
wink.gif

• Tested Wii Sport Resort and the video works.
  • Tested Metriod Prime Tri and it works.
Uff! You're so picky!
biggrin.gif

looks like this will be the next big thing to the Wii CIOS scene
smile.gif
Great job guys ..

alexdodd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow wow wow big congrats! I'm on FAT right now, so no point in me messing around until a suitable release, but this really is something. I wasn't sure if we'd ever see truly decent IOS reloading on USB! Suitably impressed on the workmanship behind all this! Well done
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IceIceBird said:
davebaol: I think the Block IOS Reload feature should be activated by default, no need to have an option for this in the Loaders anymore, or am I thinking wrong ?

And if you want to leave the loader? Or load another cIOS?

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
IceIceBird said:
davebaol: I think the Block IOS Reload feature should be activated by default, no need to have an option for this in the Loaders anymore, or am I thinking wrong ?

And if you want to leave the loader? Or load another cIOS?
Why would that be a problem?

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In fact I believe this is not a problem because I save the state on nand only if the ios reload request arrives when a dvd title is running.
However, in order to support file systems other than wbfs, many KB might potentially be written on the nand (up to 32 blocks).
It likely means that the whole fraglist will have to be written on the nand before the game starts up.
If the cios or the loader doesn't know which games are affected by ios reload, it's better that the user enables this feature manually, only if required.

EDIT:
Just to be clear, at current state of art I'm only speculating.
WiiPower, Oggzee and me still have to investigate this aspect in more detail.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are amazing, I have to admit. After all this time in the wii scene I didnt think it was going to happen. Then you guys come along, amazing work guys truely, Thank you for everything.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Omega191 said:
Source code. Wouldn't it be easier to use a public repository for development?
How is that any comment you post here is always related to source code, but doesnt really add anything helpfull for anyone here? You got the source, what do you want to do with it? I doubt you will contribute anything to development since you did completly nothing besides a bit python years ago. Prove me wrong and I will eat my words.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is nothing in the GPL that says the end user has to do anything at all with the source code. they are entitled to have it, if for no other reason than just to have it ( you know, a lot like how there are people that download 500 wii games just for the sake of having them ).

maybe he wants to read it. maybe he wants to use it for a personal project. maybe he wants to wipe his ass with it. maybe he just wants to be a dick and complain about source code. maybe he just likes to see that the GPL is respected, no matter what the content of the code ands its intended use is. the reason really doesnt matter, does it?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been testing a few IOS reload games, and the following games work with alt dol turned off and with the block ios reload set to "For Discs":

Wii Sports Resort
Metroid Prime Trilogy (played MP1-3 and returned to menu)
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Metal Slug
Red Steel 1 & 2
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
House of the Dead 2 & 3 (Played both games)
Sam & Max 1 & 2

For games that have the Wii Motion + video, I loaded the video to make sure that it worked. I did not have time to play these games extensively, but I did play them during the places where IOS reloads occur and a little bit afterwards. Also, when you press the reset option in the home menu, it will reset the game instead of taking you back to the system menu.

Thanks so much Wiipower, dave, and xflak - I never thought this would be possible.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
giantpune said:
there is nothing in the GPL that says the end user has to do anything at all with the source code. they are entitled to have it, if for no other reason than just to have it ( you know, a lot like how there are people that download 500 wii games just for the sake of having them ).

maybe he wants to read it. maybe he wants to use it for a personal project. maybe he wants to wipe his ass with it. maybe he just wants to be a dick and complain about source code. maybe he just likes to see that the GPL is respected, no matter what the content of the code ands its intended use is. the reason really doesnt matter, does it?
And there's nothing in the GPL that says that the source code needs to be published immediately. You can can keep the changes private for whatever reason for a limited period of time and publish them later, I think that period is something like a month or maybe even three months (look at what google is doing with the android and yet they still don't break the GPL). Anyway, the latest d2x release contains the sources and the latest alpha contains a patch of which the source has been published right here in this forum a couple of days ago by WiiPower. If anyone would really be interested in that it is already available. I see no harm in not releasing alpha sources.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Uff... I'll release the source with the next beta1.

In the meantime I need more test by you all:
  • COD3 and CSI series, but TBH I believe there's no reason they shouldn't work.
  • WiiPower reported GC loader is broken. To access it, load up a game or something that uses the cIOS, and then press the eject button 6 times in a row.
    I want to know exactly which d2x release has broken it. I really suspect that the changes I made for "IOS reload block through dvd" and "return to channel" are responsible for this. If I'm right d2x v3 should work while d2x v4 should fail.
    Can anybody confirm this?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You got that wrong, the GC audio streaming command is broken. That is only used by the system menu and the NeoGamma version i haven't released yet. Cioscorp/Darkcorp users might be affected by this, and if they are it's a bug that was present in Waninkoko's cIOS already.

PS: This means the next NeoGamma will be able to play audio streaming retail discs(and backups with modchips) by just booting MIOS, without a cMIOS. Ok, this is actually completely useless to me, but it should allow me to debug retail audio streaming games with the patched MIOS option.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
i can confirm that with Neogamma r9 b48 and d2x v5 that my backup copy of CSI Fatal Conspiracy is still working perfect....

also tried some of my GC Backup copy´s (Single game disc and multi game disc) and they still works....

cool.gif

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@WiiPower
Ok, forget it.
blush.gif

So it has never worked even for Waninkoko's cIOS, right?

@Fox888
Thanks for testing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1