jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
@ jservs7 & DEFIANT
Please can you check if the same happens with the official rev21?
Not at all. I tried scrolling for a while and no problem what so ever. Every single time I have tried to scroll with the modded revision, it freezes in less than a minute of fast scrolling. Never really tried scrolling slowly.

hong0098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
hong0098, this is an old post.
Rev21d2x has definitely fixed the lag issue.
About usb devices in port 1 there's still an issue but I believe I've fixed it too.
In fact it works on my wii, I'm just waiting feedback from my beta testers.
If everything works as expected tomorrow I'll release the new d2x v2 in a new topic.
So keep your eyes peeled!
cool.gif
Thank you very much

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@davebaol: Nice....Awesome! Keep up the good work with Rev21d2x.

Just 1 more remark with the freeze issue with wiiflow. It is still a puzzle to the Wiiflow devs..somehow what works for 1 person, doesn't work for the other...
Also, there are a lot of factors in this...like Wii setup, cios/ios versions, hdd setup..how the HDD is partitioned/formatted. Wiiflow is very particular about it.
Wiiflow has about 10 testers (not including the devs) and we also experience different Wiiflow behaviour...the devs are trying their best to make a wiiflow stable for everybody (obviously).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Usb loader GX 2.0 does'nt work with the d2x release either.

It shows the games but playing any game gives black screen.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hielkenator said:

d2x works great for me with GX v2.0.
Check the option "Return to" and disable it (OFF).
Many many games don't work if it's enabled.
If your problem persists and you need more support then post here

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hielkenator said:

See , thats what i mean! (see remark earlier), Rev21d2x does in fact work great with Wiiflow latest public beta for me...i tried it on 3 Wii's now, no problem with freezes or games that do not start.

fldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hielkenator said:

Here it works ok with base 57 but not 56. The only thing i got to start with 249 base 56 is kirbys epic yarn
smile.gif

-J@ck@L-

Trophies
XP
Country
BBogey said:
I'm pretty worried that when ehci module is making wake up calls to disk every 10 seconds, and increases load_cycle_count, it wears my drive too quickly.
So I compiled the latest ehci source from wanikokos git (commit f53e23c7f747cca9028ca6002b616b5a0fca378f), and disabled the watchdog for waking up the drive.
Code:
diff --git a/loop.c.orig b/loop.c
index f1288b1..be557f3 100644
--- a/loop.c.orig
+++ b/loop.c
@@ -363,7 +363,7 @@ s32 EHCI_Loop(void)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/* Watchdog timer */
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (!message) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/* Run watchdog */
-ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ __EHCI_Watchdog();
+ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ /* __EHCI_Watchdog();*/

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcontinue;

Now heads gets parked when idling, but is not waked up every ten second (checked that drive led is not flashing every ten seconds when idling). And I don't see any lag issue anymore.
I will monitor how the load cycle count increases during gaming, earlier it was like 300 in hour.

I don't know if this drive has spin down when idling, so I may encounter that problem.

If drive spin downs or load_count_cycle is still growing rapidly, I might try change the watchdog timer to 4 seconds to prevent the heads be parked or spin down. But with latest ehci there still might be the controller lag issue, when running watchdog, so the root cause needs to be found.

If someone else who has problems with games with rev19 ehci, you could try this method also.
Edit: Here's the complied elf with watchdog disabled: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LOCO5THU
Just replace it in modmii modules rev19 folder, remove old wad and then build the 249beta wad again.

Here's my current smart data, so in 6 hours increased by 900. About half of that time it was plugged on laptop.
load_cycle_count 11426
Poweron hours 211

Tried everything on RB3... but this works for me. Tnx, BBogey! Im on 4.1U softmoded, WD MyBook Essentials 1TB 2.0 none smartware (WBFS & FAT32 Format)

netspy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess IOS 249(56)-v21 is the original cIOS rev21 by Waninkoko, and IOS 249(56)-v7 is cIOSX d2x v7, which is a modified and optimized version based on cIOS rev21.
You only need to install cIOSX d2x v7, just see this thread :
http://gbatemp.net/topic/277659-ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix/

clintcraig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it worked but i noticed you have to read because he transposed the numbers to the corresponding cios...2492156=cios249[57]-v21 and EHCI-v21-LagFix.app has to be renamed EHCI.app...refering to the use of modmii4.4.5b-beta and ehci-v21-lagfix.app

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
For whatever reason if you want to use an older version of the d2x cIOS (in this case, v1) you can start ModMii, and from the main menu enter "4" (or "A") then "beta", then select the d2x version you want ModMii to build, then just select the new cIOSs you want to build and enter "d" then "y" to build them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone