Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
VashTS said:
With 37 base, I just was playing Rock Band 2 and the DLC worked. I was loading from USB...maybe the easter egg???

this is awesome, I'm gonna see if it works with dlc on sd...

woo hoo yes it does work with dlc on sd!!!

awesome...awesome to the max

This is a HUGE bonus IMO, perhaps easter egg indeed XD Gonna go try it out now
Could the easter egg be also that I don't have to use Hermes v4 To load from .WBFS files in FAT32?!
Because is working with every game im launching
biggrin.gif

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
With CFG USB Loader and CIOSX Rev20 with cios 250 with base 37 I tried to play Monster Hunter Tri, all ok except one thing: In online you have a lot of lag when you walk/run. I tried cios 222 with it and works fine.
CFG USB Loader needs a support for rev20 or is a problem with this ciosx?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
TyRaNtM said:
With CFG USB Loader and CIOSX Rev20 with cios 250 with base 37 I tried to play Monster Hunter Tri, all ok except one thing: In online you have a lot of lag when you walk/run. I tried cios 222 with it and works fine.
CFG USB Loader needs a support for rev20 or is a problem with this ciosx?
Well I guess all USB loaders needs an update to work properly with cIOS rev20.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfg loader has worked no prob for me with rev20.. are you using todays newest revision of cfg loader of v57 ?

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Kikoshi said:
HBC 1.0.7 Can't read from USB apperently :/ it did for a second.launched the app, returned to the HBC, and now its not reading my Usbhd any more..wtf.

I'm having the same issue. Every time I press 2 and I try to choose USB, it just gets blocked. Anyone has any idea?

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've droped support of cIOS and USB loading in my loader.
Waninkoko doesn't provide any information of how to use all features of his cIOS.
With every new version he brakes compatibility. Everytime i have to dig through sources of different loaders to find how to change my code to make it work. Since i started to use SNEEK, i found that cIOS is not compatible with SNEEK and probably won't be.
Big mess.

So, i've bought WODE and have zero problem with loading of any game from USB which works originally from DVD. No IOS incompatibility - my loader loads required game IOS, no need to stick to only one cIOS. No problem with IOS reloading. I dont need to deal with different file systems WBFS, NTFS, FAT etc... Everything is handled by WODE hardware, I only deal with ISO list without knowing about FS at all. Have both Wii and GC loading support.

Waninkoko's cIOS way is a dead end anyway.

There is another much less messy way to support USB game loading - SNEEK/UNEEK.
It's open source. Easy to use. It has no problem with IOS reloading at all. The way how SNEEK tricks Wii is much more perfect than cIOS. You even don't need to install modified IOS at all. Just install official versions as is. I'm anazing why SNEEK still didn't kill cIOS. Potential of SNEEK is much greater than cIOS. I don't know what SNEEK can't do which cIOS can.
The only problem is that no body wiling to develop SNEEK to the way of USB loading. Crediar doesn't want to do this because he doesn't support piracy and don't want to make it as easy as put non-modified ISO to USB and load it.
I think I would do this if i wouldn't have WODE already
smile.gif
With wode i have 100% USB loading without any mess and kind of lazy to create pure software way since i already have result i'm satisfied
smile.gif

My config is SNEEK (for wiiware/vc) + WODE (for DVD games). Is there something better?
wink.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
sorgelig said:
Waninkoko doesn't provide any information of how to use all features of his cIOS.
With every new version he brakes compatibility. Everytime i have to dig through sources of different loaders to find how to change my code to make it work. Since i started to use SNEEK, i found that cIOS is not compatible with SNEEK and probably won't be.
Big mess.

So, i've bought WODE and have zero problem with loading of any game from USB which works originally from DVD. No IOS incompatibility - my loader loads required game IOS, no need to stick to only one cIOS. No problem with IOS reloading. I dont need to deal with different file systems WBFS, NTFS, FAT etc... Everything is handled by WODE hardware, I only deal with ISO list without knowing about FS at all. Have both Wii and GC loading support.

It's open source. Easy to use. It has no problem with IOS reloading at all. The way how SNEEK tricks Wii is much more perfect than cIOS. You even don't need to install modified IOS at all. Just install official versions as is. I'm anazing why SNEEK still didn't kill cIOS. Potential of SNEEK is much greater than cIOS.
The only problem is that no body wiling to develop SNEEK to the way of USB loading. Crediar doesn't want to do this because he doesn't support piracy and don't want to make it as easy as put non-modified ISO to USB and load it.
smile.gif
With wode i have 100% USB loading without any mess and kind of lazy to create pure software way since i already have result i'm satisfied
smile.gif

My config is SNEEK (for wiiware/vc) + WODE (for DVD games). Is there something better?
wink.gif
WODE sucks because it costs money while Homebrew is free. Furthermore WODE does NOT support many Audio Streaming GC Games ---> Big FAIL!
Hell there are so many other reasons why WODE fails compared to Softmods.

I NEVER had ANY problem with both Waninkokos and Hermes cIOS.

harveychan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorgelig said:
Big mess.

It's open source. Easy to use. It has no problem with IOS reloading at all. The way how SNEEK tricks Wii is much more perfect than cIOS. You even don't need to install modified IOS at all. Just install official versions as is. I'm anazing why SNEEK still didn't kill cIOS. Potential of SNEEK is much greater than cIOS. I don't know what SNEEK can't do which cIOS can.
smile.gif
smile.gif

wink.gif
leave the negative comments on other sites .waninkoko does this for free so everyone that uses it wont have to pay for a wode.. but the compatibility is better but the best .i support cios and always will..thanks waninkoko

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I wouldnt say WODE sucks (never used one myself but heard it was pretty good) but it is an expensive solution not everyone can afford. Unfair comparison if you ask me. Thanks for this update waninkoko appreciate it.

I'm a bit confused though can someone confirm, does the block IOS reload option not work with usb loaders?

Cause it doesn't make a difference when I have tried it (Wiiflow), I get booted out of the game back to the system menu when I tried like before on r19.

I wasn't really sure what was meant by DVD only bit... it works for people loading from discs not usb drives I assume?

I just wanna make sure I have installed this properly and not done something wrong.

turbotronic

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
testet most of my games with cios249 base57 with cfg loader v57... everything works fine... also mh3 under 250 base37. but after that i installed cios251 base 38 (wanted to try a self-compiled version of triiforce_mrc to run under cios251) mh3 freezes when i try to load a savefile (but others game runs fine like before oO). after reinstalling cios250 base37 it runs well again... very strange.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MLRX said:
you should never have to pay to pirate
pirate? theres no pirates here. I think you mean to say you should never have to pay for backups of your own games
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo