Homebrew ciosx rev20 a+b

strict9gs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neither of these will install on my wii, what gives?......when i boot them up, i just get a black screen....im at 15 now, and im looking for a wad version of the install......as i tried doing the same with ios 58, and got an error while installing, so i found the nus auto downloader, and found the wad version of 58, but not rev 20, can anybody direct me to a wad version of this......i would appreciate it alot!!!!

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
...um, nusad is for OFFICIAL ios's, rev20 is a custom IOS made by waninkoko lol... you are at 15? You mean rev15? If you are just select 249 as the ios to use for installation and then select 56 as base IOS. Why do you want base 58?

strict9gs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ios 58 is supposed to be for the usb2 option in 4.3, and when i google all i get is the official installer, no wad version, and since its a cardinal sin for someone to help me obviously, ill look elsewhere.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can get IOS58 in wad form legally using NUSD or NUSAD

but if u want a cIOS249 in wad form (that isn't available in NUSAD), there is no legal way of getting it! Not without installing it the normal way and using an app to dump the cIOS into a wad (ie. bluedump)

strict9gs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hhmm, so there is no wad form of the update?, that makes a lil more sense than just bitching at me saying no one can send me to one dont u think lol, so in order for bluedump to work i have to have rev20 installed already?, so if i went to my friends wii i put rev20b on already, would i be able to turn that into a wad file?

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
strict9gs said:
hhmm, so there is no wad form of the update?, that makes a lil more sense than just bitching at me saying no one can send me to one dont u think lol, so in order for bluedump to work i have to have rev20 installed already?, so if i went to my friends wii i put rev20b on already, would i be able to turn that into a wad file?
look man, no one s bitching at you. But I really don't know what you're trying to do exactly... IOS58 is an official IOS distributed by Nintendo. Rev20 refers to Waninkoko's CIOSr20 which installs by default as IOS 249, and really has nothing at all to do with IOS58... so are you saying Waninkoko's cios installer doesn't work for you? If that's the case, I'm not really sure why you want IOS58 so badly, all you should need is an older rev cIOS or an IOS with Trucha restored, right?

In response to your last post, you still seem confused about IOS's. A wad file is just a packed channel/ios that you can install onto your Wii. Somebody could make a wad for IOS58 easily, but sharing files like that is illegal since they are Nintendo's property. If you want DO want to install IOS58 for whatever reason (HBC 1.08?), then just look up IOS58 installer on WiiBrew, it should do the trick and no cIOS are required for that install since it's an official IOS.

Just to clarify, Waninkoko's cIOS r20 has nothing to do with IOS58, unless you want to use IOS58 as the base for installing rev20, which is really unnecessary as IOS56 works just as well...

Also as xflak said, you can use NUSAD to make a WAD of the official IOS58 and install it with WAD Manager, but I don't see how this will help you install cIOS rev20...

strict9gs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok my whole reasoning for this is: 58 WAS for hbc to get my ciosx rev20 to work.....it was giving me black screens (xflak and i were discussing this between emails, and not on the forum itself), i installed a fresh hbc from the newest hackmii installer (which got my ciosx installer working, and other apps.) sorry for seeming harsh before, thought i was getting bitched at, guess i should have read the rules a lil more thorough , but thanks for ur input anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...