Hacking cIOSrev15 released and it's broken yay

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaGnUmKiLLa said:
I have to say, this is very disheartening. It really sounds like the people working on this stuff are giving up on people that don't use a usb loader. I realize that was a natural evolutionary step but, they can't expect us all to use it. I'd say there's still a significant percentage of people that, like me, are softmodded and use discs. Now, I don't know these people but, I can't help but think that if we didn't have so many people working on so many different things we wouldn't have these problems. Is it really necessary to have like so many people working on so many cios's and so many different backup launchers? All this does is complicate the hell out of an already way too complicated process. I realize you're already being user friendly by just making this stuff available to the public and, it's not like we have any say or we pay you or anything. I'm just saying, this is absolutely getting to the point where people that don't have a Master's degree from MIT can't keep up. Nintendo keeps pumping out games that all have different AP or compatibility issues and each and every game requires a different type of fix that's getting almost impossible to fix. NSMB still doesn't work on softmod without the usb does it? Something doesn't give soon, I'm gonna take my wii back to factory default. I'd rather pay for the games than put up with all this headache and trouble.

There are game protections on every platform that exists. And it really isn't that difficult to keep up with.

For me, there are just a few things I keep up to date with, and I have minimal problems.

1. Uloader, and herme's cios, since I use usb loading primarily now.
2. Waninkoko's latest cios, mostly for nand emulation and the various tools needing a cIOS that are coded for IOS249.
3. Triiforce, for nand loading. (Although this has been complicated lately, I have found that getting revision 65 from SVN and modding it to run on cIOS rev 15 has resulted in the best version of it available, for me at least.)
4. Neogamma, for disc loading.
5. cIOScorp, for disc loading on the disc channel.

^That may look like too much to keep up with, but I've been keeping up with it and have had no problems whatsoever except when NSMB came out, and even then it was as simple as just hex editing the main.dol.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slimmmmmm said:
Damn again.

I wish you were in contact with Hermes, maybe it would double the chance of your ideas/fixes being implemented in future cIOS.

Maybe it was the pressure by everyone for wanin to release asap, but tbh I can see how frustrating it must be for you WiiPower because I've saw you point out problems with other cIOS before release and when they do get released they still have the bugs that you warned about.

I can't see any instant appeal to jump on the rev15 bandwagon just now myself as I own originals of the DL games anyway.

This is a MASSIVE blow for those with little money who don't yet own a USB HDD, or for those unlucky enough to have bought one and it's not compatible. Shame.

What will you be concentrating on just now in the meantime WiiPower until the next cIOS ?

after all I'll have to second that.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mk for most people who don't actually try this stuff why not try it b-4 posting like i'm about to do.

A. i have Cioscorp 3.5 installed i just installed cios 38 rev 15 and backup games DO WORK ON THE DISC CHANNEL if you don't beleave me i'll make and post a video on it.(what does this mean it means 1st i installed Cioscorp 3.5 then i installed cios38-rev15 and the disc channel disc load for backups STILL WORKS)

B. so far i havn't tried Neogamma havn't had the need to YET but i can confirm that USBloaderGX does work, a select few games will refuse to load 1 inact is Metroid prime trilogy.(i will post if i can get neogamma to work with the new ios or not and if i do and the dev wants to argue i will sure as heck talk with this person about how i got it to work. other than that i'll post on if i can get it working)

C. for those that are wondering i am useing 4.2 from waninkoko's installer so no i am not using 3.2

and last but not least D. i have had to download ios38-64-3867 off of Nintendo's update servers useing NUS-Downloader and sadly that was the ONLY way i could install the Cios b/c oddly enuph there's some really odd-balled problem Nintendo has with the updater useing the network capabilities to install the Cios.

UPDATE: i'm currently running neogamma r7 rc4 i've not updated in a wile. and so far hav had no issues. only game i couldn't get working with NEOgamma is rockbband 2 sofar thats all i can say.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EeZeEpEe said:
Can anyone confirm the 001 disc error with Neogamma and/or Softchip?
sorry dude but why doubt wiipower?...he has stated in his OP already that 001 disc error using "his" Neogamma will occur if rev 15 will be used.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
What a huge dissapointment of this cIOS, and I even kept my expectaitions down. Small Changelog, still many Bugs/Errors. I'll stay at rev14 for my games, because for DL Games I have Hermes cIOS...

This release proves for me that some points of what marcan_troll said are shure true...especially
QUOTE said:
because of course "fast" means "good"
Gosh, I wish that Hermes would be in the Scene (I heard that he isn't realy in the Scene, only helps out)

Anyways, thanks WiiPower for telling this
smile.gif
! Good work again!

Edit: Uh, there's the Drama...to clarify: I apprechiate Wanins hard work, but this version of the cIOS was overhyped, and should have been released quietly, and not that fast...I should stop writing posts so early in the morning...

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry but... only wiipower neogamma doesn't work with cios 15 SO WHAT
most people will use another usb loader and that's all...

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm.. so conclusion?
Ciosrev 15 fails at loading backups from disc channel, (about via neogamma and press startgame im not sure)

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
Damn again.

I wish you were in contact with Hermes, maybe it would double the chance of your ideas/fixes being implemented in future cIOS.

Maybe it was the pressure by everyone for wanin to release asap, but tbh I can see how frustrating it must be for you WiiPower because I've saw you point out problems with other cIOS before release and when they do get released they still have the bugs that you warned about.

I can't see any instant appeal to jump on the rev15 bandwagon just now myself as I own originals of the DL games anyway.

This is a MASSIVE blow for those with little money who don't yet own a USB HDD, or for those unlucky enough to have bought one and it's not compatible. Shame.

What will you be concentrating on just now in the meantime WiiPower until the next cIOS ?

If you want to "back up" you games, buy a USB drive.
Stop complaining.
WiiPower is not god.
Stop complaining.
rev 15 is better than no rev 15.
Stop complaining.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
seems to me Rev 15 was only released to keep wanins name in the spotlight due to Hermes cIOS being used by most uses and being able to use FAT32 to boot backups instead of WBFS, especially when he was supposidly had left the scene

all in all in seems to be a complete flop IMHO to the users that were looking forward to this release

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
EeZeEpEe said:
Can anyone confirm the 001 disc error with Neogamma and/or Softchip?
sorry dude but why doubt wiipower?...he has stated in his OP already that 001 disc error using "his" Neogamma will occur if rev 15 will be used.
Just simply asking if anyone else has too. It's not a matter of doubt or trust.

claud10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MaK11-12 said:
I don't see why people are fustrated. Waninkoko doesn't have to make the cios. So quit complaining and stop asking questions.
There's nothing wrong if Waninkoko doesn't mantain the cIOS anymore. In fact, the time gap btw revisions 14 and 15 has been the greatest, however I don'remember seeing any topic complaining about Waninkoko not releasing a new version. Everyone knows that people in the scene do this for fun. However, if you intend to do something (as mantaining a piece of code, for instance) do it properly or simply don't. In fact, if he doesn't feel like mantaining the cIOS anymore he should just say it and release it as open source. The amount of job inside that code is giant and it would be sad if it's just thrown to the garbage.

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
claud10 said:
MaK11-12 said:
I don't see why people are fustrated. Waninkoko doesn't have to make the cios. So quit complaining and stop asking questions.
There's nothing wrong if Waninkoko doesn't mantain the cIOS anymore. In fact, the time gap btw revisions 14 and 15 has been the greatest, however I don'remember seeing any topic complaining about Waninkoko not releasing a new version. Everyone knows that people in the scene do this for fun. However, if you intend to do something (as mantaining a piece of code, for instance) do it properly or simply don't. In fact, if he doesn't feel like mantaining the cIOS anymore he should just say it and release it as open source. The amount of job inside that code is giant and it would be sad if it's just thrown to the garbage.

Its good that waninkoko's maintianing this at all! And whos going to carry on cios when waninkoko stops? not everybody know C\C#\C++ .

ps. On the other hand, i do agree with the release of the source, and not throwing it to garbage...

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll let you know something new about cIOSrev15...

You dont have to update. I repeat...you DON'T HAVE to update.

So..if you're happy stay on 14, if you're not update to 15.

Can't understand all this fuss. Its due to Waninkoko work that we had Wad Manager/USB Loaders/Safe updaters, and cIOS itself.

Praize the man...not destroy his name.

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
This is enough...

As I said, I LEFT the scene. Yes, I LEFT it. Anyway, I thought I should release a rev15, to fix DL bug and other things. I just tried to make a better cIOS, despite I don't have many free time to work on this and I cannot test my stuff anymore.

I gave rev15 to some testers. WiiPower was the only one that found a bug. I couldn't find out why this bug occurs (and why only occurs in neogamma), it has no sense. I tried to fix it with no luck (I had to rewrite some code only to see if the bug was gone).

I release rev15 and I find a bunch of people saying things I didn't expect, specially after I've been working on this despite I left the scene.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm out, and this time is forever.

PS: This is not because of WiiPower. I would really like to fix that issue.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
quick question

can Rev 15 do exactly the same as Rev 14 but with bug fixes e.g DL now fixed or does Rev 15 break anthing originally in Rev 14 in anyway like 14 did with DL support?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: